Forums
April 16, 2024, 02:46 PM

Author Topic: Multiple W:A's in task manager!?  (Read 659 times)

Offline Sensei

Multiple W:A's in task manager!?
« on: January 28, 2018, 03:09 AM »

Why I have so many W:A's there, even tho I'm not even in the game atm?
And there's millions of those service hosts in task manager too. I don't remember having that much of processes..

Don't know if that's got anything to do with it, but PC seems a lot slower in some usual works.
For example alt+tabbing back in the game. It takes 2-3 seconds of screen freeze for system to get it going properly.

Apparently there's no any viruses. It's fresh win10 version from couple of days ago.
Anyone gotta clue what's going on?

Online XanKriegor

Re: Multiple W:A's in task manager!?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 08:00 AM »
Coz you use Shit10.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 11:24 AM »
StepS plz help

why not kill the processes?

Offline StepS

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 09:16 PM »
Did you maybe open some replays? You can always check the command-line of each process by adding the "Command Line" column to the list of columns on the "Details" tab.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Sensei

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 04:38 AM »
Did you maybe open some replays? You can always check the command-line of each process by adding the "Command Line" column to the list of columns on the "Details" tab.

Nope. I guess processes just keep adding wa.exe every time I go into a game.
It doesn't end, just keeps adding it.

List in task manager is at least three times bigger than it ever was.
I'll check that option you proposed.

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 12:56 AM »
Maybe try switching to Windows 8.1, which should be supported until January 10, 2023. However, Microsoft may as well not support it anymore. They're forcing Windows 10 on even MICROSOFT OFFICE now, so a lot of games will disappear into the ether, never to be seen again.

Unless you use an emulator, of course. Praise the lord for those.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!