Forums
April 18, 2024, 10:27 PM

Author Topic: New Hermit TR13 Map Record  (Read 2942 times)

Offline Ryan

New Hermit TR13 Map Record
« on: May 31, 2014, 03:56 PM »
For those more senior W:A'ers - I've managed to do TR13 in 43.08

Enjoy!

Last worm.

* TR13 43.08.WAgame (18.39 kB - downloaded 145 times.)

Re: New Hermit TR13 Map Record
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 04:16 PM »
woah awesome !
Egor/Igor that's a challenge for you ! :D

Offline rU`

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 04:19 PM »
Just watched it. That was an awesome run, Ryan!  Lol, that's a legendary rr map.
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline LordHound

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 09:04 AM »
Sexy stuff Ryan.  :-*

Mab must be turning in his grave.

Once I get a new keyboard and 3/4 months, I'll help you breach that 42.x mark ;)

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 09:45 AM »
My spidey-sense tingles whenever someone beats one of my times. Way to go Ryan, I'll have to watch it some other time, don't have WA on this.

New wormers might not know, but TR13 was one of the first real time trial challenges. It was the map to beat for a lot of us, and there was a lot of competition to hold the winning time. I don't know how it got its infamy, but probably due to some top ropers playing it a lot, like volrin, Wargod, and Pure, a lot of NBR peeps. Considering new times are emerging even after a good 14 years, I think the map deserves its classic status.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 12:07 PM »
There used to be a lot of speculation as to what the pre-replays TR 13 record was, a lot of people agreed that Volrin was the holder with 47 seconds.

When you got the last record, I was put off trying to beat it because of the speed of the run, and in particular,  how much better your climbs were than mine.

I am probably in my best ever form at the moment especially given that I am more of a league/tourny rr'er.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 01:18 PM »
I think I once saw a 48 or 49 on this map back when and I was blown away.  Must have been either seb or wargod.  Crazy to think 43 is the number now.  Bar has been raised since then. 

Offline Hussar

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 05:01 PM »
a w e s o m e  :o

Offline Korydex

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 05:09 PM »
* Deadcode_Tr13.WAgame (12.11 kB - downloaded 92 times.)

dc 28 fancy tas xd

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 05:30 PM »
KUDOS! You're absolutely master of the rope and this record on such a classic map proves you're pure legend and still active legend! Pleasure for the eyes! Thank you! :) Fix your hand Mablak, LH have your keyboard and let's have an epic battle! 8)

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 07:35 PM »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 03:50 AM »
Ah I didn't there's some sort of challenge on that map. My record on that map was 39.34 but it was in my other hard drive which exploded. and now I'm not in my good shape obviously, so I can't make it again.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2014, 11:17 AM »
39.34, are you sure? Are you being sarcastic MI? 43 would have Deadcode and his 'cheats' in trouble on this map :o it's cool to see you have a 2nd peak Ryan, your rr'ing is amazing as it always has been. @twy's post, HoS was the best ever, no need to even argue about that. I wanted to tryout for HoS and made a post in their forums, however I was never given the opportunity. The clan was pretty much dead around then anyway

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2014, 12:30 PM »
Ah I didn't there's some sort of challenge on that map. My record on that map was 39.34 but it was in my other hard drive which exploded. and now I'm not in my good shape obviously, so I can't make it again.

Awesome run btw, i doubt someone will beat it now! :)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2014, 03:55 PM »
39.34, are you sure? Are you being sarcastic MI?

It's very sweet you believed it, even for a moment hehe :-*
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.