Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:21 PM

Author Topic: new MyWormNET v1.3.5.0 by me  (Read 2160 times)

Offline StepS

new MyWormNET v1.3.5.0 by me
« on: December 01, 2013, 04:28 PM »
Hello, I have updated MyWormNET from CyberShadow, it now includes a blowload of things, as for example multichannels, news, global kick/bans, x64-bit and locale support. Also finally solved The Wheat Snooper hosting issue. Linux is compatible and working but has one error which I havent solved yet

The latest version is 1.3.5.0

Download: https://github.com/StepS-/MyWormNET/releases

Localizator credits: PeCeT_full (Polish), StepS (Russian), Gabberarmy (German (Austria))
Changes since the original CyberShadow's release:

MyWormNET

=========

Personal WormNET server software

Made by CyberShadow: https://github.com/CyberShadow/MyWormNET/

StepS' modification currently includes the following:

• Hiding IP addresses for everyone except self, mask configurable with the ini file
    • Default is "no.address.for.you"
  • WormNET news can now be set using the news.txt file and will be automatically adjusted by <MOTD> tags
    • A sample news.txt file is provided
  • New multi-channel support with channel schemes and topics: can be set with the Channels.ini file, section names must be numbered
    • Section names go as follows: [1], [2], [3], ...
    • If missing Channels.ini file or its contents, a default #AnythingGoes channel will be created.
  • Banlists for IPs and nicks: to ban and unban nick or ip when the server is active, use the PERMABAN and REMOVEBAN commands on a target with an optional reason (available for ops and above)
    • Connections from banned IPs to any of the server ports will be rejected.
    • Banned nicks are not case-sensitive.
    • Banned nicks will be killed with a notification when trying to log in.
  • Localization support: translate MyWormNET into any language thanks to the dedicated resource strings.
    • Russian localization by StepS
    • Polish localization by PeCeT_full
    • German (Austria) localization by Gabberarmy
  • Support for x64 and various different Delphi compilers (from Delphi 7 to XE5 at least)
  • Support for Unicode compiler
  • Users' IP addresses are no longer forced when hosting
    • The hosting address will no longer be overridden by the socket's address, allowing for WormNAT2 and custom address hosting.
  • Changed the Game.asp content to allow The Wheat Snooper host games
    • Wheat Snooper looks for the "Object moved" substring and then for some stupid reason fetches the GameList URL from there. Without it, it refuses to host.
  • Now the verbose console logging is off by default
    • You may enable it again by setting it to 1 in the ini file
    • Disk logging to WNServer.log will still stay verbose unless that file is deleted
  • Fixed the passworded games' padlock icons and locale typecodes
    • Properly show if the game is open or not, as well as the country locale code if the flag is not in 0-48 range
  • Game list can no longer be flooded with the hosts from the same IP
    • If a game was already in the list from the request IP, it will be overridden by the new one instead of stacking.
  • Now the hosts can only be closed either from the same IP or from 127.0.0.1
    • Prevent outsiders from closing other people's hosts
  • Put IRC commands into TUser procedures, as well as a bunch of other routine things
    • For interoperability and proper organization
  • Removed the annoying hosted/closed game notices
    • No more channel notices when a game is hosted or closed
  • LogToOper is now disabled by default
    • Set yourself to mode +L to enable logging (available for ops and above)
  • Support for the ISON command
  • Finalized the WHO command
    • Now properly gets an one-user or one-channel list, as well as 'o' list
  • Support for the WHOIS command
    • Reveals IP of a WHOIS'd user to operators and above, making the IPLOOKUP command obsolete (it's still left as an alias, though).
    • When WHOIS'ing themselves, users can also see their own IP.
  • Support for the MOTD command which can now be called anytime
  • Ability to kill users from the server by using the KICK or KILL command with an optional reason (available for ops and above)
  • Ability to kill every non-owner from the server by using the KICKALL command (available for owners)
  • Ability to prank users by using the PRANK command (available for ops and above)
    • Will send IRC ERROR with a given text to an user, forcing him to quit if the client is W:A.
  • Ability to mute or unmute users by using the MUTE or UNMUTE commands (available for halfops and above)
    • Will set the +b mode and add the user to channel banlist (but won't prevent him from joining the channels).
    • Muted users can't perform public and private messaging.
  • Ability to make an announcement by using the ANNOUNCE command (available for halfops and above)
    • Server will spread a NOTICE with its nickname to users on channels that contains user-defined announcement.
  • Ability to sendraw an entire message by using the SENDRAW command (available for owners)
    • Will spread an entirely raw IRC message with any content to everyone on the server.
  • Ability to change other users' modes when halfopped at least
    • Halfops can only change modes b and v.
    • Modes only apply to users, but as usual, the MODE command has to contain a target channel.
  • Ability to make users invisible with the +i mode (available for ops and above)
  • Support for the channel banlist
    • Mode +b <channel> will show who is currently muted.
  • Support for the TIME command
    • Will show the server's local time in response (and provide UTC offset on Windows).
  • Support for qaohv user modes
    • Owner (superadmin) is mode +q, Admin is mode +a, etc.
    • All commands except sendraw are available to normal ops, so most users will find this useless unless they want more defined privileges (as in, ops can act upon ops, unlike admins)
    • Use TAKEOWN with the same operator password to make yourself a server owner.
  • Empty Username will now be adjusted
  • Missing sharps in IRC channel names will now be adjusted
  • Empty nicknames can no longer initiate the login procedure
  • Minor improvements and fixes
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 12:45 AM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline SpideR

Re: new MyWormNET v1.3.3.7 by me
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 05:34 PM »
Cool!
But I never heard of it, what is it exactly?
A new wormnet server? Unofficial/alternative or the official server upgraded?

Offline StepS

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 05:52 PM »
it is a portable wormnet server that you can host if the official one is not working, for example, or for your own needs. Official info: http://worms.thecybershadow.net/mywormnet
the original mywormnet was very limited, had only 1 channel and no administrative commands, as well as various issues and bugs.
usage is simple: unpack what you need (I recommend x64), setup your external IP address/DNS in the ServerHost of ini file, and run, then connect to your server via the CommunityServerList.htm or use a snooper to 127.0.0.1
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Alby87

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 09:52 AM »
Great work! Can I help traslate the program in Italian?  :)

I can't issue commands inside the game, let me explain: if I send /MOTD, I receive a Worms Armageddon (not MyWormNet) error, saying that the command is wrong and I have to read the guide. Same for PRANK, ISON, OPER. I'm missing something?

For example, in a test server, I couldn't be the administrator.

Another thing. Wormnet have a 5 minutes timeout, whose is indicated by an automatic message on client. In MyWormNet, the games are not automatly closed. This should be added?

Offline StepS

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 12:10 PM »
Great work! Can I help traslate the program in Italian?  :)

I can't issue commands inside the game, let me explain: if I send /MOTD, I receive a Worms Armageddon (not MyWormNet) error, saying that the command is wrong and I have to read the guide. Same for PRANK, ISON, OPER. I'm missing something?

For example, in a test server, I couldn't be the administrator.
W:A only supports its own commands, it doesn't issue arbitrary commands not known to W:A.
I'll first finish implementing a better localization system and then will tell you what to translate.

Another thing. Wormnet have a 5 minutes timeout, whose is indicated by an automatic message on client. In MyWormNet, the games are not automatly closed. This should be added?
They are closed on 5 minute timeout, why do you think they aren't? There's no watch though: it happens as soon as someone's client refreshes the game list, which is a simpler implementation.
[...]

Offline Alby87

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 11:23 AM »
W:A only supports its own commands, it doesn't issue arbitrary commands not known to W:A.
I'll first finish implementing a better localization system and then will tell you what to translate.

So, better use a snooper to administrate a channel?

Edit: Or use new MyWormNet software paired with $ commands  :D

They are closed on 5 minute timeout, why do you think they aren't? There's no watch though: it happens as soon as someone's client refreshes the game list, which is a simpler implementation.

Ah, ok... I didn't have anyone to refresh the list in my tests... sorry for that :D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 11:24 AM by Alby87 »

Offline StepS

Re: new MyWormNET v1.3.5.0 by me
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 01:14 PM »
version 1.3.5.0 released.

Changes since v1.3.3.7:

• (!) Fixed a major issue with incoming data buffer reset leading to rare failures of user LogIns and HTTP requests
  • Message anti-flood
    • Points-based, works depending on message size and send rate, rate cooldown is 2 seconds
  • Support for the SEEN command, also available with !seen
    • Will retrieve the seen status from quit of a given user with time since the server start
    • Not visible to others when used as !seen
  • A notification will be thrown when attempting to use the !host or !phost commands
  • Can type commands beginning with $, allowing to use server commands from W:A
    • Such commands are not visible to anyone after being sent
  • Support for the AWAY command
  • Change the game ID counter with the FORCEGAMEID command (available for ops and above)
  • Various other improvements and fixes
[...]

Offline Alby87

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 06:16 PM »
Hi Steps! Thanks for the new versions of MyWormNET. I love this software  :-*

I've attached a better version of Italian.txt, traslated by a 100% italian user... me :D

Hope you'll put it on new version of MyWormnet :)

Offline StepS

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 08:48 PM »
Hi Steps! Thanks for the new versions of MyWormNET. I love this software  :-*

I've attached a better version of Italian.txt, traslated by a 100% italian user... me :D

Hope you'll put it on new version of MyWormnet :)
thanks, dude. however i don't plan on updating MyWormNET anymore. I'll probably be working on a new MyWormNET2 (written in D). but I'll add your translation soon
[...]