Forums
April 23, 2024, 09:57 PM

Author Topic: NEW: The Wheat Snooper 2.9.3 community build  (Read 26703 times)

Offline AlTarf

Re: NEW: The Wheat Snooper 2.9 community build
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 11:57 PM »
If settings file (settings.sqlite3) is not found at C:\Program Files\The Wheat Snooper\snpini try at C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\The Wheat Snooper\snpini

if you're running a x64 OS:
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Wheat Snooper\snpini
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\The Wheat Snooper\snpini

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 04:24 AM »
If settings file (settings.sqlite3) is not found at C:\Program Files\The Wheat Snooper\snpini try at C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\The Wheat Snooper\snpini

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\The Wheat Snooper\snpini

Thanks, but storing the settings file in the program directory is just totally wrong, and that's Lookie's fault.

If running on Windows, the settings database should be stored in %APPDATA%\.tws, if not, then if running on OS/2, the settings database should be stored in %HOME%\.tws, if not, then the settings database should be stored in ~/.tws.
The last one covers all Unix derivative OSes, including Apple Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and BSD family OSes. The first one should work for Windows flawlessly.

Await for 2.9.1 in two days.
The third number in the version means a bugfix update only, so no new features, but there are still some issues already resolved, and this one is planned to be resolved today.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:20 PM by dbanet »

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 04:31 AM »
Thank you for the effort. It works well.

Something bothers me slightly. When sorting is off, it no longer sorts as before. I could see who had been in the channel for the longest, and the newest users were at top. Now I can only see who has joined the channel after me, and they are sorted at bottom. The rest are sorted randomly. None of the sorting options is of my preference.

I wish the sorting were as before, but I am happy with the update. I am glad to see the program being developed.

Would you like an option to sort by channel join time? JFYI, there is an issue #3 opened on the bugtracker, that is related to sorting. And I haven't investigated how these things works in TWS yet.

I'm sorry, but the way it worked before (when the sorting was off) is not documented (not obvious), so I can't say I've broken some feature. Hence, I think your wish should be considered as a regular feature request. You are welcome to open an issue. ;D

Offline Ashtar

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 04:44 PM »
Thank you for the effort. It works well.

Something bothers me slightly. When sorting is off, it no longer sorts as before. I could see who had been in the channel for the longest, and the newest users were at top. Now I can only see who has joined the channel after me, and they are sorted at bottom. The rest are sorted randomly. None of the sorting options is of my preference.

I wish the sorting were as before, but I am happy with the update. I am glad to see the program being developed.

Would you like an option to sort by channel join time? JFYI, there is an issue #3 opened on the bugtracker, that is related to sorting. And I haven't investigated how these things works in TWS yet.

I'm sorry, but the way it worked before (when the sorting was off) is not documented (not obvious), so I can't say I've broken some feature. Hence, I think your wish should be considered as a regular feature request. You are welcome to open an issue. ;D

I made a request there. I reported a fault too.

I connect to a game but decide to leave before the game starts. Other games have meanwhile been hosted. Now another game than I joined is marked as if I joined that before.

It is not a serious problem but can be confusing. It never occured in the previous version.

Offline Zemke

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2014, 05:58 PM »
Nice to see The Wheat Snooper being in active development again. Thanks, dbanet!

Offline timo

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2014, 07:38 PM »
hey, i have a problem. I had bug with previous version and in this update still the same. When i pressing "join to ag channel" shows for one second wheat snooper and then closes with notifications " disconnecten from wormnet"
I using mobil internet, maybe is it problem?

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2014, 09:42 PM »
Hm. This is similar to what StepS and Pizzasheet were talking about. But neither me nor StepS have encountered this bug.

If I don't understand what's wrong just reading the code, I have plans to make a custom build with lots of logging and give it to Pizzasheet. Maybe then I'll understand what's going wrong.

Please test with a fast and stable Internet connection and tell me if it's gone.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 09:44 PM by dbanet »

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2014, 11:23 PM »
Hey, just wondering if theres any way to help with translating part. (Portuguese-BR) ?
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline StepS

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2014, 06:52 AM »
Yes. Simply install Qt Linguist, and then open "_pt.Portugues.ts" in translations. It's very easy to use. Have fun translating!
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline AlTarf

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2014, 09:59 AM »

Thanks, but storing the settings file in the program directory is just totally wrong, and that's Lookie's fault.

If running on Windows, the settings database should be stored in %APPDATA%\.tws, if not, then if running on OS/2, the settings database should be stored in %HOME%\.tws, if not, then the settings database should be stored in ~/.tws.
The last one covers all Unix derivative OSes, including Apple Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and BSD family OSes. The first one should work for Windows flawlessly.

Await for 2.9.1 in two days.
The third number in the version means a bugfix update only, so no new features, but there are still some issues already resolved, and this one is planned to be resolved today.

I know, that reply was actually for those who wanna make a backup of their settings file from version 2.8.

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2014, 05:50 PM »
AlTarf, the settings database is now located in the proper place (depending on the platform) since commit f17784a8721d49a16b07b5fa995c1aed2026546e.

Offline timo

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2014, 06:00 PM »
Hm. This is similar to what StepS and Pizzasheet were talking about. But neither me nor StepS have encountered this bug.

If I don't understand what's wrong just reading the code, I have plans to make a custom build with lots of logging and give it to Pizzasheet. Maybe then I'll understand what's going wrong.

Please test with a fast and stable Internet connection and tell me if it's gone.

I tried on other connection ( stable connection) and the problem still exist ( but on other comp with the same internet WS works). So probably fault with computer. Maybe something is missing?

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2014, 06:57 PM »
So probably fault with computer. Maybe something is missing?

No idea for now. Please report your hardware and software configuration, and await for the debug release with logging. Then I'll be able to say more.

Offline timo

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2014, 07:50 PM »
Windows 7, ATI mobility radeon premium graphics with directx 11, HP pavilion dv6, unfortunately i dunno how to doing log.

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2014, 07:57 PM »
Windows 7, ATI mobility radeon premium graphics with directx 11, HP pavilion dv6, unfortunately i dunno how to doing log.

Permit me for Polish

Poczekaj na wersje z debuggerem, ono samo ci bedzie wtedy robic ;)
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )