Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:19 PM

Author Topic: NEW: The Wheat Snooper 2.9.3 community build  (Read 26484 times)

NEW: The Wheat Snooper 2.9.3 community build
« on: May 05, 2014, 01:33 AM »
History
a small intro for those who missed the beginning

Hello there, TUS participants!

The latest build produced by Lookie, the former maintainer and the author of this software, was dated 16 April 2011, and this was the version 2.8.

Later, and it was March 30, 2014, I was interested in writing my own snooper, but just after I said I was gonna write it with Qt (for different reasons) on the channel, StepS has pointed me out that The Wheat Snooper (that I personally didn't like, see issue #5 on GitHub) is written on C++ with Qt.

I immediately have got interested in this, so I've asked StepS to share TWS's sources with me, because the old sources location was down. The sources given to me by StepS already contained some fixes made by him. Then I've initted a git repository and pushed it to GitHub. So here is the link to the sources (there is also currently located an active bugtracker, and there you can see how's the work on the Snooper is going on). After this I've compiled TWS for my platform, taken the maintainance of this software and continued the development.

And now, after around of three months and a hundred of commits, two new releases have been made without any support by Lookie, and are available for free download.

Latest community versions
chronological order

The Wheat Snooper 2.9
the first community build

Changelog:
  • misc. The first community build contributed by the new maintainer (hm-m-m, ... me) and StepS after the previous maintainer, Lookie, has discontinued the development of TWS.
  • misc. The source code of TWS version 2.9 is now hosted on GitHub.
  • feat. Games are now displayed and hosted properly: with spaces and russian (cyrillic) characters.
  • feat. Support for building on non-Windows operating systems (like GNU/Linux and OS/2) added/restored: build scripts have been written.
  • feat. The userlist is now updated on every JOIN/PART/QUIT/KICK; the Snooper now doesn't make that heavy use of WHO commands (hence, immediate userlist updates with this version and less bandwidth usage).
  • bugfx. WormNAT2-hosting with W:A version 3.7+ is now working.
  • bugfx. The user-ignore feature now works properly -- really no activity of the ignored users is shown.
  • bugfx. Better formatting of chat-messages: timestamps format has been fixed, the action-messages (/me) are now displayed properly -- without a colon after the nick.
  • bugfx. Fixed the checks for success of new game hosting. As a side effect of this bugfix, hosting games on non-official WormNets (like steps.servegame.com) is now supported fully.
  • bugfx. Fixed the issue when the channel name, amount of users in it, etc. information was not (always) displayed in the channel window's title. The hosts/users group of the channel now always expands also.
  • bugfx. As a side effect of another bugfixes, refactorization and reorganization done in this version, PROBABLY, the bug when the channel window was closing immediately after the userlist population is fixed, too. Neither Lookias nor StepS couldn't reproduce it anyway.
Downloads:
The Wheat Snooper 2.9.2 GA
2.9.1 was not public
this is the first version over the years considered stable. And the changelog proves that

Changelog:
  • misc. Looki's SVN history is now imported into the GitHub repo so you can now travel through time and see how the Snooper was evolving, since the very beginning.
  • misc. Polish (by ZexorZ), French (by LeTotalKiller) and Russian (by StepS) localization updates.
  • feat. Now you can manually close your own hosts by right-clicking them and selecting "Close this game now".
  • feat. Clan tags are now parsed without lookias' database, and are gathered automatically from uc website.
  • feat. User settings, queries and logs are now saved in the user profile directory (on Windows, for example, the exact path is "%LOCALAPPDATA%\The Wheat Snooper") instead of the Snooper's installation directory. This resolves issues caused by restricted permissions of the the Program Files folder.
  • feat.The codepage selection window has been simplified and will mention the WA codepage instead of 2.0's local codepages.
  • feat. Joins, quits and parts are now printed in human language.
  • feat. You can now use /me instead of ">" and /msg instead of "/privmsg".
  • bugfx. Resolved the issue that would cause instant disconnection on channel join for some people (first appeared in 2.7).
  • bugfx. Fixed the IP address resolver for long hostnames. Now if the length of your hostname is longer than 34 characters, it'll be transformed into an IP address when hosting the game. This resolves the issue with W:A players not being able to see your game (due to a W:A bug).
  • bugfx. Fixed the issue where snooper would crash with AutoAway enabled after finishing a game which was rehosted with wkRehost (or a second process of WA was started).
  • bugfx. When sorting is off, new users will appear on top, like in versions before 2.9.
  • bugfx. Now the userlist won't duplicate when rejoining the channel or using /NAMES.
  • bugfx. When quitting, the snooper will now forcefully disconnect itself after a 5-second timeout, if the server didn't do it by itself. This also fixes occasional issues with a deactivated "connect" button.
  • bugfx. The "Show idle time" button in chat windows has been fixed.
  • bugfx. Now you will be able to see channel messages from users who joined the channel with an improper letter case, which fixes this issue.
  • bugfx. Now the working directory of the game will be game's folder instead of snooper's folder, when you start it. This resolves problems with things such as wkFkeyRearrange.
  • bugfx. Now you won't have an empty country flag on the first launch if the Program was unable to determine your locale.
  • bugfx. Fixed sorting of the country flags on main window. Now they're sorted alphabetically again (first broken in 2.6.x).
  • bugfx. Auto-away has been improved and will no longer depend on the window title of the game, but instead will track the game's process.
  • bugfx. QUIT messages will show up in all channels now.
  • bugfx. Fixed issue that would shift user data such as flag, rank and information if one of the parameters was blank.
  • bugfx. User number counters in the window title will now appear properly.
Downloads:
The Wheat Snooper 2.9.3
maintenance update

Changelog:
  • misc. A new version of WormNAT2 is now packaged with the Snooper instead of the old DLL convenience package. This is an important update bringing stability (no more skipped packets and no more dependencies on wkPackets and bunch of other dubious stuff), even more convenience (no “greetings” pop-up window when starting the game), and, more importantly, it will continue to work in the future. Older versions of WormNAT2 will cease to work since 2016-01-01.
  • misc. French (by LeTotalKiller), Russian (by StepS) and German (by anonymous) localization updates.
  • feat. When hosting with WormNAT2, WA is now automatically forced to temporarily allow WormKit modules loading to enable WormNAT2.
  • feat. A button to join a host and then quit TWS immediately has been added.
  • bugfx. When testing WA installation for WormNAT2 prerequisites, TWS will now take the current DLL versions into account to prevent newer versions from being replaced by older ones from now on.
Downloads:

Epilogue
brainfarting

The following people were reporting bugs:
  • FunDENnis
  • Pizzasheet
  • Odinist
  • ZexorZ
  • aik

Testers and pull requests are welcome!

Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 11:11 PM by dbanet »

Offline Kaleu

Re: NEW: The Wheat Snooper 2.9 community build
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 01:57 AM »
Thanks dude.. amazing.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 01:59 AM »
Thanks dude.. amazing.
Glad to hear. You are welcome. :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 03:05 AM by dbanet »

Offline NiCo`

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 02:27 AM »
Well done mate , very nice job!

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 07:52 AM »
Thanks for the fixing update.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 06:02 PM by AlTarf »

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 08:26 AM »
I am still getting same error as i did with the last version.

As soon as i join AG# I get disconnected instantly.

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline Joschi

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 08:39 AM »
+1 !

Offline Alien

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 08:54 AM »
thanks

Offline tuomatz

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 01:54 PM »
Thanks for the update! I hope you're going to keep up with the good work!
"People without a vehicle, are like worms without F8" - Aristotle

Offline RIP

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 01:56 PM »
Great
Враг думал — это пень, а снайпер снес ему мозги набекрень.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I play for fun unlike you и⊥ʎdʞ ин ʞɐʞ…
And the pain and the fear passes, unchangeable only death.

Offline RIP

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 08:47 PM »
WTF? Configuration is not saved. also impossible to remove a client information.
this is like self-promotion.
not one real problem nor corrected.  >:( only the "appearance" a bit.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 08:53 PM by RIP »
Враг думал — это пень, а снайпер снес ему мозги набекрень.
I play for fun unlike you и⊥ʎdʞ ин ʞɐʞ…
And the pain and the fear passes, unchangeable only death.

Offline StepS

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 11:10 AM »
Configuration is not saved
Works just fine for me. Everything related to the configuration files depends on the permissions of files and folders in your system. Therefore it's best to not run it as admin in UAC mode.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 12:58 PM »
not one real problem nor corrected.

That is your, wrong opinion.

Open issues on the bugtracker, fork, request pulls.

Whining on a forum is unacceptable and disgusting for a grown man. You have no moral right to do this, because you get this software for free.

WTF? Configuration is not saved. also impossible to remove a client information.

Cannot reproduce. Open an issue.

this is like self-promotion.
>:( only the "appearance" a bit.

I owe you nothing. GTFO.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 09:51 PM »
great job, thanks a lot :)

Offline Ashtar

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 10:13 PM »
Thank you for the effort. It works well.

Something bothers me slightly. When sorting is off, it no longer sorts as before. I could see who had been in the channel for the longest, and the newest users were at top. Now I can only see who has joined the channel after me, and they are sorted at bottom. The rest are sorted randomly. None of the sorting options is of my preference.

I wish the sorting were as before, but I am happy with the update. I am glad to see the program being developed.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 10:20 PM by Odinist »