Forums
April 18, 2024, 09:43 AM

Author Topic: NEW: The Wheat Snooper 2.9.3 community build  (Read 26634 times)

Offline Tomi

Re: NEW: The Wheat Snooper 2.9.2 GA community build
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2014, 07:30 AM »
Wheat Snooper uses Connection Keep-Alive when working with game lists. As a result, the refresh speed is the server's own refresh rate, it's sent to you. You aren't enforcing it on the server. Some snoopers however use Connection Close, including the game. List is manually redownloaded everytime. But WebSnoop seems to be on keep-alive.
An override would require a separate connection or cancellation of the live-retrieval of the game list. Note that this would be bad for tray notifications. Your client would be obliged to retrieve the game list even when it's minimized, which is wasteful for anything but friend host notices.
I have looked after what keep-alive means and I think it's not that. When you communicate with a http web service, then the communication will be closed immediately after the response was sent back, and the connection will need to be rebuilded at every request, because http is a stateless protocol and it works like that. And I am not sure, but I guess keep-alive is the default connection setting in most cases, so when connection close isn't enforced, then it should use keep-alive (so I guess all the snoopers and the game work like this), but I just guess this.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 07:35 AM by Tomi »

Offline StepS

« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2014, 01:02 PM »
Also, in case you haven't noticed, there's a setting for that.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Ashtar

« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2014, 04:26 PM »
Thank you. I set the two first numbers to the lowest (1000 and 3000). Now the game list updates rapidly and it works well for me.

To me it seems that the Refresh button is useless. It could be an advantage to make the settings of the Advanced page easier to understand, and to correct "repeay."

Offline Korydex

« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2014, 09:16 AM »
plz make confirmation for unistallation. i accidently snooper for so many times... ehehe

Offline biscuits

« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2015, 05:33 AM »
how come when you go to host with wormnat2 on wheat 2.9.2 it adds like 4-5 files to ur WA directory? I didn't know which files went in so I just reinstalled w:a but yea lol...

Great Snooper is way more convenient... hehe
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 06:36 AM by GRiZ »

good game W:A Steam reviews

courtesy of "gloom" for allowing me to use this signature, it's the best ;)

Offline StepS

« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2015, 09:42 AM »
how come when you go to host with wormnat2 on wheat 2.9.2 it adds like 4-5 files to ur WA directory? I didn't know which files went in so I just reinstalled w:a but yea lol...

Great Snooper is way more convenient... hehe
Yes, that's a problem. Wheat doesn't host games on its own, it sends a request to the module. Great snooper uses a dedicated program (Hoster.exe) which doesn't require any modules to be installed. Also the wormnat2 used in 2.9.2 is very outdated and bloated with dependencies. It will only be two files after the update.
2.9.3 will come soon, stay tuned!
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline aik

« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2015, 04:47 PM »
Ahoi!

I like the Snooper, but I'd have few ideas for features.
Are you interested in feature requests?

Also - can any1 tell me were the buddys list is stored? Is there a way getting my buddy list from 2.8 to 2.9x?
<dream>
One day CyberShadow will push worms source code to github by accident…
</dream>

« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2015, 09:44 PM »
Ahoi!

I like the Snooper, but I'd have few ideas for features.
Are you interested in feature requests?

Also - can any1 tell me were the buddys list is stored? Is there a way getting my buddy list from 2.8 to 2.9x?

Hello aik!

Please monitor private messages at TUS.
I will soon try to address your issues (including the questions you've just asked and the subject of your private message that followed this post).

Offline aik

Re: NEW: The Wheat Snooper 2.9.3 community build
« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2015, 09:26 AM »
Please monitor private messages at TUS.
I will soon try to address your issues (including the questions you've just asked and the subject of your private message that followed this post).

Thank you!

Sorry it took a while… ^^
<dream>
One day CyberShadow will push worms source code to github by accident…
</dream>

Offline Alien

« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2015, 05:01 PM »
just installed 2.9.3, it is working really nice.
just when i check ''show ip adresses of games'' it doesn't show them.
not a big problem though.

thanks

Offline RIP

« Reply #115 on: December 23, 2015, 08:15 PM »
Thanks. Updated.
Враг думал — это пень, а снайпер снес ему мозги набекрень.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I play for fun unlike you и⊥ʎdʞ ин ʞɐʞ…
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
And the pain and the fear passes, unchangeable only death.

« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2016, 01:47 PM »
Hey all ;)
You doing a great job keeping alive Wheat Snooper ^^
I installed it some days ago and cant run it properly, i think i miss to dl some " C++ " thing, Can you help me with it? Thx !

Cheers.

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2016, 10:35 PM »
Hey all ;)
You doing a great job keeping alive Wheat Snooper ^^
I installed it some days ago and cant run it properly, i think i miss to dl some " C++ " thing, Can you help me with it? Thx !

Cheers.

What's the exact error you're having?

EDIT: yay 800 messages #HollywoodIAmComing
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2016, 01:59 PM »
I cant see games list and WS run so slow, im waiting the error to post a pic here

Offline Ashtar

« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2019, 12:36 AM »
I use the latest version of The Wheat Snooper (2.9.3). Lately AnythingGoes stops updating with games, text and player list when I have played for a good while such as an hour. Does anyone else experience this suddenly? Any way around it?

Does it happen on Great Snooper too? I have tried it but find that The Wheat Snooper has much faster startup, looks more pleasant with its blue WormNet theme, plays a sound notification when a friend hosts a game, and has the ability to disable sorting of the player list, making the sorting like WormNet.