Forums
March 29, 2024, 03:54 PM

Author Topic: Crates Settings in WA - Why not super weapons?  (Read 741 times)

Offline Specker

Crates Settings in WA - Why not super weapons?
« on: October 20, 2021, 05:01 PM »
Hi
Yesterday I started WA again after an abstinence of about 10 years.
I typed in the "boggy sent me" cheat to activate all weapons.

In the weapons options I can see that all weapons are available. When I go to Crates, there are a lot of weapons missing like the mine Strike or Freeze, magic Bullet etc.

I would like to adjust the chance of getting them in the crates.
Is this possible somehow? What am I missing?

I don't want to have these super weapons for everybody after x rounds... I just want them in crates.

Offline Albino

Re: Crates Settings in WA - Why not super weapons?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 06:59 PM »
hey, you might need external scheme editor to reach that option i think.
https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-editor/

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 07:42 PM »
Is this editor actually able to change the power and probabilities of super weapons group? I thought that since forever they follow special physics that cannot be changed unless you are a programmer and create some mod for it.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 04:43 AM »
TUS scheme editor gives you complete control to modify a scheme. However superweapons as of now, don't follow all the settings in the scheme. For example you can't tweak super weapons crate probabilities. The settings for each super weapon is there but the game doesn't follow those settings.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Albino

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 07:15 AM »
TUS scheme editor gives you complete control to modify a scheme. However superweapons as of now, don't follow all the settings in the scheme. For example you can't tweak super weapons crate probabilities. The settings for each super weapon is there but the game doesn't follow those settings.

oh, i completely forgot about that. quote from SchemeEddy v2.01 read me file.

Super Weapons
Super Weapons have a somewhat bizarre method in determining their crate probability rates. There are four conditions that must be met before a Super Weapon may appear in a weapon crate. (with the exception of a crate shower)

1.   Super Weapons must be enabled in the scheme.
2.   At least 5x as many regular weapons must have appeared in crates than Super Weapons.
3.   At least 3 minutes must have passed since the last Super Weapon appeared in a crate.
4.   If conditions 1 to 3 have been met, than there is a 1/8 (12.5%) chance that a Super Weapon will appear in a weapon crate. Which Super Weapon will appear is randomly determined from a list of available ones. A specific Super Weapon will not appear in a weapon crate if it has infinite ammo.

Note: Due to the nature of the Super Weapon probability method, I decided not to have my scheme editor factor in Super Weapons when determining overall probability rates. It is impossible to determine a fixed probability rate of a Super Weapon occurring due to the factors involved.

Offline Specker

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2021, 03:23 PM »
Thank you Guys! :)