Forums
April 28, 2024, 06:43 AM

Author Topic: Free League died?  (Read 2411 times)

Re: Free League died?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 05:53 AM »
free league is based on schemes that are not popular enough for "classic" or their own category of league... like HAL, or TEL for example...

Yep, those schemes... and Intermediate. You vile racists! :'(

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 06:38 AM »
DarKxXxLorD,

I think you have looked into a bad place. This is the latest games of free league:
https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/recent-free/

Its last games were played today and were played yesterday too.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 11:19 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 10:11 AM »
its not even worth a com...

Offline Triad

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 12:12 PM »
TFL is pretty active yeah. PM me on #AG if you cant find opponent for TFL. :)

Offline DarKxXxLorD

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 11:00 AM »
Aww, i view not a last season, lol. Sorry  ;D

Probably the only way to contract schemes. Ok, I will try it. And why has the league in free Aerial? -> this is in HAL league?

Still surprising small number of games in a free league. It is also fun and creativity! Do not make a smirk and imagine themselves as professionals. Relax and enjoy!

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 11:03 AM »
Aww, i view not a last season, lol. Sorry  ;D

Probably the only way to contract schemes. Ok, I will try it. And why has the league in free Aerial? -> this is in HAL league?

Still surprising small number of games in a free league. It is also fun and creativity! Do not make a smirk and imagine themselves as professionals. Relax and enjoy!

hysteria is also in clasic and in hal :P

Offline DarKxXxLorD

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 10:47 AM »
maybe eliminate schemes ?

I eliminate darts, my oponent eliminate big rr, i eliminate bunge race, he eliminate battle race..... till we have 2 or 3 schemes and players play these 2-3 schemes :P

Maybe...
I just do not understand what darts better than One of Everything, petrolia (actually, petrolia it should be in HAL!)?

Offline harpy

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2014, 12:15 PM »
I stopped playing free league in the same reason... noo many shit boring schemes.... darts, battle race, bungee race, chute race, abnormal, elemental, ctf and probbaly few other...

abnormal wfw mole normal kaos mm plop wa, holy war =t17 in free

true free leagues schemes

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2014, 12:46 PM »
Hmm, I think the picking system stops me from playing both classic and free leagues, no wonder I started to play TEL and HAL only (specific schemes)

Offline Triad

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2014, 08:01 AM »

I just do not understand what darts better than One of Everything, petrolia (actually, petrolia it should be in HAL!)?
Darts is one of the scheme that played more times than others in seasons, more popular.

Offline Asbest

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2014, 01:31 PM »
someone don't like play big, someone don't like play aerial, its life tho

Offline Senator

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2014, 10:43 AM »
An old topic but a current issue...

Anyone else think Free league should be made more attractive to players who play Classic schemes only? Players who are good at Elite, BnG and Hysteria probably like a league with Intermediate, Aerial, Forts and Abnormal. They just don't want to play the league because someone can pick Darts, Plop War or whatever. It's demanding enough to become good in all Classic schemes so you can't expect people want to learn another ten schemes that are very different.

Unwillingness to learn is a bad reason for removing schemes but a fact is majority of players rather avoid Free league and play just Classic/TEL. If you want to keep playing Free league with the same ten guys, fine.

I would divide Free league into two leagues, one with Classic-like schemes and one with the rest. I'm saying this because an alternative league with Classic-like schemes could keep people interested in WA. At least I get bored with Classic league at times, then play some TEL games and return to Classic league. A league with Classic-like schemes only would bring desired variation without requiring too much learning.

"Give a free win if someone picks Mole Shopper" is a bad solution for both sides.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 06:27 PM by Senator »