Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:44 PM

Author Topic: Porting Project X to 3.8.1? and Problem running this mod in Windows 10.  (Read 1067 times)

Offline nadiya8040

• Nadiya Bloby Origia

• United States United States
  • I'm Nadiya, Nice to meet you!
    • View Profile
I've been actually thinking... If nothing normal works on running Project X in 3.6.31.0, especially for new OS like Windows 10+... I wonder if porting to 3.8.1.0 do work greatly for those. For starters, I've kind of wished to have somebody able to decompile the wkPX.dll file into c# with a program... So ermm... If anyone is able to volunteer to port it to 3.8.1.0, It'll be a great help on keep Project X mod running smoothly without having to downgrade.  :)

But in the meantime, It's an unfortunate that I'm unable to run Project X due to...

Maybe because I run this mod in Windows 10 Laptop, The Republic of Gamers.

Offline h3oCharles

Project X is closed source and the author never bothered to share the code

Offline nadiya8040

• Nadiya Bloby Origia

• View Profile
That's a huge shame, I know... Even worse that it occurs of Entuser's sudden disappearance from the internet as well.
wkJellyworm being abandoned upsets me too. Wait, wkJellyworm is not a closed source, eh?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 04:25 AM by nadiya8040 »

Offline h3oCharles

Offline nadiya8040

• Nadiya Bloby Origia

• View Profile
*relieved sigh* Thank Arceus...! I hope somebody expert will continue wkJellyWorm, as a successor of Project X. For the dedicated fans and Project X players too. Even though I might have learned few how Project X weapons works.

Offline Edoardo Moretti

• Italy Italy
  • Wacky Asperger and creator of War'n'Guns.
    • View Profile
I'm exporting every weapon code and sprite of every Project X weapon thanks to the PXEditors!
I hope it will help with wkJellyWorm.

Offline Danger135

• Slovakia Slovakia
  • People are stupid!
    • View Profile
WA 3.6.31.0 with PX work under Windows 10 (it need only some things to do), and can be installed next to 3.8 so you can have both versions at once.
PX use older D3D render method, it need install this older Direct X Runtime things. And there is another way if only frontend do not work: run it in windowed mode.
123  My teams use this, this, and this soundbanks.

Offline h3oCharles

3.6.31.0 doesnt have native windowed mode...? unless you mean d3d9wnd
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 03:35 PM by h3oCharles »