Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:19 AM

Author Topic: Project X: Help and Solutions  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Edoardo Moretti

• Italy Italy
  • Wacky Asperger and creator of War'n'Guns.
    • View Profile
Project X: Help and Solutions
« on: September 18, 2021, 02:20 PM »
Help and Solutions Topic

So I manage to get and play Project X with a old copy of Worms Armageddon found in one of my old USB Drivers.

While I was playing and check the Project X's forum I discover that some bugs weren't fixed and some links/websites where dead.

I decide to make a topic about the missing libraries and the unsolved bugs of Project X, if you have a problem or a solution send it to my Personal Message Index and I will make it as a "PROBLEM" to someone who can fix it or a "SOLUTION". Each "[SOLVED]" problem I will update the main page of this topic by adding working links and solutions.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 06:11 PM by Edoardo Moretti »

Offline Edoardo Moretti

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
Re: Project X: Help and Solutions
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 02:30 PM »
PROBLEM 1 [SOLVED]: Bunker Buster Freeze the game. (Problem posted by nikolakv from the PX Forums)

"The Bunker Buster freezes the game when contact with the ground. Is there a way to fix it?"

SOLUTION

"There's a fixed version of the Bunker Buster library that it was uploaded before on "Worms.au" (this website is now dead). But someone manage to upload it on the Project X's forum. There's the PX Topic with the fixed library (wp_bunkerbuster_naprawiony.rar)."
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 04:47 PM by Edoardo Moretti »

Offline Edoardo Moretti

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 04:36 PM »
PROBLEM 2 [SOLVED] Black screen in 3rd game of PX. (Problem posted by Mega`Adnan)

"I used to play PX, but the frontend resolution was 640x480, and that would also ruin my desktop resolution too if I minimized.
So I used windowed mode settings for frontend, but in 3rd game of PX, the screen went black and I couldn't see anything, only music and sounds played. I don't wanna force windows to change resolution and also this was the reason I gave up PX games."

SOLUTION

"There's this WormKit module that you can download though this PX Topic and made only for Project X (WA 3.6.31.0 only) called wkWndMode: this WormKit not only will remove the black/white screen problem, it will also remove the white boxes from the frontend and makes the frontend windowed (though it could only make the window origin point in the up-left corner due to being a really old version of WA). Remember to make sure that "Windowed" is activated though the "PX.ini" file (Use the blocknote to open this file and check if the value of Windowed is set to "1") WARNING: THIS PROCEDURE MAY NOT WORK TO ALL THE PC, IT MAY WORK CORRECTLY ON DESKTOP COMPUTERS."
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 04:16 PM by Edoardo Moretti »

Offline Edoardo Moretti

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 05:50 PM »
PROBLEM 3 [SOLVED] Looking for missing PX libraries. (Problem posted by eule)

"I'm searching through the old PX forums to find some libraries, namely the ones for the scheme found here: https://px.worms2d.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2025, some PX where on the worms.am though this website is no more...and some other PX libraries are needed for Highlander_pyro:https://px.worms2d.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=571. Does anyone happen to have these and maybe mirror them on TUS?"

SOLUTION

A copy with Project X with ALL the possible libraries has been uploaded by Chester.
You can download it on Google Drive.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 06:11 PM by Edoardo Moretti »

Offline Edoardo Moretti

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2023, 06:13 PM »
ATTENTION!! A pack of WA Project X has been released with nearly everything you need!
(pack by Chester).