Forums
April 25, 2024, 09:17 AM

Author Topic: Questions  (Read 1479 times)

Offline skunk3

Questions
« on: May 07, 2016, 07:35 PM »
I have a few questions on my mind:

1. What do the nuke symbols next to our names signify? I have two, for instance. Post count?

2. When is the 3.8 patch supposed to come out, and what exactly is it going to feature? StepS messaged me on Steam the other day and said it's coming soon and should feature a lot of shit. I want details.

3. Is it just me or are there too many ranked leagues/cups/etc? I haven't been involved with anything ranked in a long time, but I've noticed that it is all very confusing. Why don't we mutually agree to streamline and consolidate the ranked system so that it's not a clusterf*ck? Maybe then I'd be tempted to play.

4. What do you think is in store for W:A? What I am asking here is do you think the game will be viable for years to come, or do you think it's dying a slow death and will never bounce back?

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 10:35 PM »
Also very interested to hear more about the 3.8 patch :P

I'm way more excited about it than I am about Worms WMD.

IMO W:A will continue to be viable in the long term. The game hasn't gotten less active, there are just fewer North American players. Proper unicode (all languages) support and a translation wk plugin like I suggested in another thread would be huge. The asian worms games were massively popular - if WA can expand to the asian countries it will easily grow 20x in population.

Anyone know why stats.worms2d.info is no longer being updated?

Offline skunk3

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 10:40 PM »
Well, since I have NO IDEA what the patch is supposed to entail, I can't say that I'm 'excited' about it. I'm definitely more stoked for WMD for now.

I feel like the game has gotten less active, but maybe I just pick crap times to get on and play? Whenever I get on it's practically dead almost every time.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 11:46 PM »
I like to play with random noobs, so it's easy for me to find a game any time. My shitty input devices and computer pretty much make me a noob though, so it all works out. I'd have to agree that skilled matches are harder to find these days. Hopefully this new patch will bring some of the older players back.

Offline Husk

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 08:30 AM »
I have more questions:

1: when does skunk3 sit the f@#! down and shut up so he can actually play this game instead of crying about shit no1 cares about

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 04:14 PM »
Incoming wave of annoying broken Chilean english hiuehue xxDdddd agreeing with Husk. It's inevitable now, thread destroyed, good job.

You might not care about these questions but at least it's not the usual spam shit and inactivity. A lot of people care about the 3.8 patch.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 08:02 PM »
Hey Husk, are you on your period or something? Why are you so uptight?

Offline Husk

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 09:49 PM »
u tell me m8, ur posts came out demanding, the developers of 3.8 don't owe u shit, if u r not excited about 3.8, who gives a f@#!?

and what it comes to leagues, cups, tournaments, u don't even play any of that so no1 gives a shit if u think it's a clusterf@#!

f@#!

Offline Kradie

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2016, 10:40 PM »
I care about 3.8, we're all passionate about WA as well as the developers. So I don't see the big issue of revealing some information to the public.

We're all excited, and asking questions isn't prohibited.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline HHC

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2016, 11:04 PM »
Apparently it's on or something   :o

Offline Husk

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2016, 11:08 PM »
haha right maybe I'm wrong here but the posts came out like "I can't say that I'm 'excited' about it. I'm definitely more stoked for WMD for now. " just seemed like a demeaning and demanding thing to say

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 03:36 AM »
There's 2 things I want: an ability to pin/stick weapon panel like chat, and an option to hide those useless **whisper**s. If 3.8 can do that, I'm all for it.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline vesuvio

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2016, 06:20 AM »
thats oke but iam better..

Offline skunk3

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2016, 05:27 PM »
Husk, how can I be excited for a W:A patch when I have NO IDEA what the patch is going to include and/or fix? I wasn't being demanding or anything like that. I was simply stating that I have no reason to be excited for it since I know nothing about it. I am more excited for WMD because I actually know something about the game, plus it's new. That's not to say I am not optimistic about 3.8 though.

As far as the cups/ladders, I think more people might be inclined to get involved if the whole system were a little more organized and user-friendly. As it is, there's just too much going on for such a small community. I say streamline and keep it simple. Whether you care about my opinion or not is totally irrelevant.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2016, 06:00 PM »
IMO 4.0 would be a thing rather than 3.8