Forums
March 28, 2024, 07:34 PM

Author Topic: Questions for those who are inactive / stopped playing  (Read 8685 times)

Offline skunk3

Questions for those who are inactive / stopped playing
« on: February 18, 2018, 04:05 AM »
For those of you who no longer play - why?

Is it because of life commitments?

Have you found another game(s) that you enjoy more?

Does W:A no longer interest you?

Are you just taking a break?

Just curious. Lately WormNET has been extremely boring and hardly any good players play anymore, at least during the hours in which I can typically play.

I've tried finding other games to play but it seems like everything is boring. I haven't found anything addictive in a long time and friends of mine talk me into buying some game every once in a while and I lose interest quickly. (Especially if it involves 'grinding' whatsoever.)

Offline MarianRV

Re: Questions for those who are inactive / stopped playing
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 04:11 AM »
Pretty much as soon as I got a decent gaming pc, there were so many games I could suddenly play, WA just lost its charm after I dumped my ancient laptop that could only run like 10 games :v

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 09:07 AM »
For those of you who no longer play - why?

StepS hasn't made a fix for SuperFrontendHD, the snow lag is distracting me from playing and it's annoying

Is it because of life commitments?
No

Have you found another game(s) that you enjoy more?
Yes, osu!

Does W:A no longer interest you?
Maybe

Are you just taking a break?
Maybe

Offline HHC

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 01:17 PM »
I play other games  :)

Rocket League and MtG:Arena.
I have a shitload of other games on steam and ps3, but hardly play them. What I like about the above games is the pick-up-and-play rate. Usually I just go for the game which is one click away and where I can immediately engage in (ranked) play and where the games aren't too long.

I can see myself going back to Worms when there are ranked channels again.. then I can just enter worms and start playing seriously in 1 min time.
With TUS you first gotta find someone, which is hard enough, and then it's usually someone you don't really wanna play with, cause noob, asshole or scheme-rapist.

In those other games you can instantly play for ranked, vs similar level, in a predefined (single) scheme and for just a few mins. So even if you get your ass kicked, the next good game is just a second away.

Also, I kinda feel like I finished worms. There are no 'o wow' moments anymore.

I still like the intensity of playing a super important game for cup/tourney/po.

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 01:19 PM »
I enjoy wasting time (reading Facebook and posting on forums and shit), and allergies and insomnia also waste some of my time, so I can't juggle too many hobbies at once.

On the rare occasion I do find time to play games, there are others I want to try, even if none of them are quite as enjoyable as W:A.
x_+

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 01:59 PM »
The realization that W:A community is slowly dying and the fear that I won't have enough money for a living  :D

So I basically replaced playing games with developing them. Programming skills are more valuable than being the top player, and it should pay well. My total "income" from playing W:A is around $50 including gifted Steam games in 4 years, that's not enough for paying a rent  :D

Besides, playing other games saps out my appetite for gamedev.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 03:26 PM »
Also, I kinda feel like I finished worms. There are no 'o wow' moments anymore.

sad but logic.
how to have those if dont play  ::)

Offline raffie

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 04:36 PM »
The WA community used to be thriving, WormNet used to be riddled with players. I played PX games pretty much exclusively since it came out but with few players on, and only a very small percentage of those having PX, I just kind of stopped trying I guess.

I have no doubt though that someone will develop something awesome for WA some day and get people interested again.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 05:57 PM »
True, WormNET is quite sad lately. There's like 20-30 unknown ppl on weekend nights.
But few days ago, o and myself made a deal to play few Aerials before bedtime.. And all of a sudden, group of 3 random Croats came to our game in 3am just to do some Worms.

If that wasn't "oh wow" moment, HHC, don't know what is!

My opinion is that W:A breaks are must have from time to time, but only way to get me off this game permanently, would be shutting servers down or Microsoft to make it incompatible to play any more (they've started doing it with latest Win10 updates).

Offline skunk3

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 06:20 PM »
I've tried a lot of other games myself, but nothing has come close to the addictiveness / replay value of W:A. Rocket League doesn't interest me at all. In the last few months I've played PubG, Fortnite, Destiny 2, Civ 6, Heroes of the Storm, and loads of others. Nothing kept my interest for more than a week. The only thing that can interest me for a while is a good RPG but they only last a few days depending on how much time that I play, and they aren't multiplayer. (MMO's don't count, and suck anyway)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 06:22 PM by skunk3 »

Offline skunk3

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 06:28 PM »
I did get sucked into a f2p game on Steam for a while called "Bloons TD Battles." It is a head-to-head tower defense style game with a few modes of play, but I eventually got sick of it because it has a very clear meta if you want to win and pretty much all of the 'good' players play EXACTLY the same (by exploiting the dumbest aspects of the game mechanics) and it felt like playing vs. an AI.

I also did play WMD for quite a while but I already made a thread about that. What a game that could've been!

Offline Y2JID

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2018, 06:37 PM »
Tryed a come back but remembered how much I suck can't rope for shit plus my pcs lame and not in my bedroom anymore plus most of my mates left
Uh, yo, it just so happen this how Y2JID thing started
Flip two aces and get two face cards
It happens, chip stackin'
I turn around, see a bunch of chicks clappin'
But a girl walked by, caught my eye
So I said, 'What the f@#!, stand here and give me luck'
And she whispered in my ear
A purple one on there and put a pink one on there

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2018, 07:14 PM »
I'm done, at least for a bit.  Last time it was for 3-4 years, who knows this time.  Completely bored to tears with the game, I got to the point where I only liked playing competitive games, and about 6 months ago most of the good players left.   Sure, there are some good players around like vok and senator, aladdin, ect. but for the most part the experienced player base has left the game and the newer player base has produced virtually no good competitive players, so the league is dead.

Even if there was still a thriving competitive scene, I'm just a little bored with the gameplay, I play all the schemes for variety and I've always done this, but i think even new twists aren't enough to entertain me at this point. 

I think its worms fatigue.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2018, 08:09 PM »
The audience I used to thrive in does not exist anymore, it's been a long ride but it is likely over for me. At least I can keep the memories I have closely, pretty sure I will not forget W:A ever.

Offline Thewolensheep

• The MEGA retard.

• United States United States
  • A f@$!%$! loser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2018, 08:16 PM »
im making plans to make a fan-made Worms game that uses my art-style but is more cleaner lmao.
the proposed features are:
. More weapon customization
. Crafting is only available in the campaign/body count modes.
. Vehicles are nerfed and require ammo to use. (Can be replenished by getting a utility crate.)
. Custom Weapons and Mechanics
. 110 (Both Weapons and Utilities Together.)
. 256 Color Map Support.
. Beta for veterans of the Worms Franchise (Thanks Skunk3!)
. Worms 2 rope mechanic (Hopefully.)
. Ui Built for both consoles and PC (Looks similar to Worms Armageddon.)
. RubberWorm replaces WormPot and you can enable all of them if you want.
Creates soundbanks and other s!@t.