Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:42 PM

Author Topic: Questions for those who are inactive / stopped playing  (Read 8686 times)

Offline skunk3

Re: Questions for those who are inactive / stopped playing
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2018, 08:17 PM »
I'm not bored with the game itself. The reason why I find it boring these days is because of the lack of veteran players, and not only just because they are more skilled, but because I've known them longer and knew them better. Most of the people who play these days are random newbies who only play shopper, mole, and intermediate. You never see anyone play Team17, Elite, CTF, WFW, BR, etc. Lots of them do not speak English either, which really sucks.

I think that if the game were active and full of vets I'd probably never get bored with it... but then again I've taken breaks when it was active, so maybe I'm just romanticizing a bit.

I guess I just need to find some newer multiplayer game that I can get addicted to.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2018, 08:19 PM »
im making plans to make a fan-made Worms game that uses my art-style but is more cleaner lmao.
the proposed features are:
. More weapon customization
. Crafting is only available in the campaign/body count modes.
. Vehicles are nerfed and require ammo to use. (Can be replenished by getting a utility crate.)
. Custom Weapons and Mechanics
. 110 (Both Weapons and Utilities Together.)
. 256 Color Map Support.
. Beta for veterans of the Worms Franchise (Thanks Skunk3!)
. Worms 2 rope mechanic (Hopefully.)
. Ui Built for both consoles and PC (Looks similar to Worms Armageddon.)
. RubberWorm replaces WormPot and you can enable all of them if you want.

We've all seen your posts and none of us believe you. Even if you had the technical knowledge of how to create such a game, you're a one man show and you'd never have enough time to actually complete and polish it.

Offline Thewolensheep

• The MEGA retard.

• United States United States
  • A f@$!%$! loser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2018, 08:20 PM »
im making plans to make a fan-made Worms game that uses my art-style but is more cleaner lmao.
the proposed features are:
. More weapon customization
. Crafting is only available in the campaign/body count modes.
. Vehicles are nerfed and require ammo to use. (Can be replenished by getting a utility crate.)
. Custom Weapons and Mechanics
. 110 (Both Weapons and Utilities Together.)
. 256 Color Map Support.
. Beta for veterans of the Worms Franchise (Thanks Skunk3!)
. Worms 2 rope mechanic (Hopefully.)
. Ui Built for both consoles and PC (Looks similar to Worms Armageddon.)
. RubberWorm replaces WormPot and you can enable all of them if you want.

We've all seen your posts and none of us believe you. Even if you had the technical knowledge of how to create such a game, you're a one man show and you'd never have enough time to actually complete and polish it.

Its Barely on the mockups and concepts.
Creates soundbanks and other s!@t.

Offline Dr Abegod

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2018, 09:39 PM »
Im bored with the game atm. Even CWT (my annual worms highlight) had no interest from nobody other than tita who wont leave worms without a gold medal.
An important reason for playing worms is the interaction with other players - the shittalk. Worms acted as an outlet for repressed mental retardation. I have mingled with sophisticated trashtalkers (walrus my hero), totally imbecile trashtalkers and just deep seeded retards. I have also learned the art of good trolling.
And also sober talks can be nice.
I miss this and I miss the competitive playing when I feel like a f@#!ing pro beating the big guns of some scheme.

But Ill probably return seriously sometime.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2018, 09:46 PM »
I'm not bored with the game itself. The reason why I find it boring these days is because of the lack of veteran players, and not only just because they are more skilled, but because I've known them longer and knew them better. Most of the people who play these days are random newbies who only play shopper, mole, and intermediate. You never see anyone play Team17, Elite, CTF, WFW, BR, etc. Lots of them do not speak English either, which really sucks.

I think that if the game were active and full of vets I'd probably never get bored with it... but then again I've taken breaks when it was active, so maybe I'm just romanticizing a bit.

I guess I just need to find some newer multiplayer game that I can get addicted to.
Mole (TUS scheme or variants) is a good scheme, and it takes strategy and skill. You could play 10 games against FMA and lose every single one.

Offline Y2JID

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2018, 10:34 PM »
Wally what games u playing now
Uh, yo, it just so happen this how Y2JID thing started
Flip two aces and get two face cards
It happens, chip stackin'
I turn around, see a bunch of chicks clappin'
But a girl walked by, caught my eye
So I said, 'What the f@#!, stand here and give me luck'
And she whispered in my ear
A purple one on there and put a pink one on there

Offline HHC

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2018, 01:37 AM »
If that wasn't "oh wow" moment, HHC, don't know what is!

That's not what I meant sensei. What I mean is.. I know the game inside-out. In other games you sometimes discover a new technique or a new button/maneuver you never used before and suddenly you look at the game in a different light. It's been a REALLY REALLY long time since I seen something like that in Worms..

Most games you play about 2-3 months max and then you put it aside for the same reason, even though you can still learn some new things online.. if you're willing to put in the time/effort.
But Worms has been turned inside and out over the years. It seems like every possible scheme has been invented already, as has every technique. It's not the game anymore I fire up to explore new horizons you know. It's been used up for me  :-[

Offline Jengu

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2018, 04:37 AM »
Worms acted as an outlet for repressed mental retardation.

This is why I stopped playing.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2018, 08:02 AM »

Mole (TUS scheme or variants) is a good scheme, and it takes strategy and skill. You could play 10 games against FMA and lose every single one.

Sorry Joe, mole is a joke. It is so luck-based it's unreal. It's a noob scheme like shopper, and it's even worse when there's many people playing. I'd rather play almost anything other than mole. If I had to pick a scheme heavy in the luck department, I'd rather play a T17 *any* day over a mole.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 08:08 AM by skunk3 »

Offline skunk3

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2018, 08:06 AM »
Im bored with the game atm. Even CWT (my annual worms highlight) had no interest from nobody other than tita who wont leave worms without a gold medal.
An important reason for playing worms is the interaction with other players - the shittalk. Worms acted as an outlet for repressed mental retardation. I have mingled with sophisticated trashtalkers (walrus my hero), totally imbecile trashtalkers and just deep seeded retards. I have also learned the art of good trolling.
And also sober talks can be nice.
I miss this and I miss the competitive playing when I feel like a f@#!ing pro beating the big guns of some scheme.

But Ill probably return seriously sometime.

I used to troll a lot more in the game but these days I'd rather just have real conversations with people. Half of the fun of playing Worms is having weird convos with people and getting to know them. A lot of people who play these days either don't talk, or barely talk... and when they DO talk they have the personality of a piece of cardboard. WormNET used to be a weird, wacky, and hilarious place to spend time. Nowadays it just feels like a playground for a bunch of random noobs nobody gives a shit about.

Offline Csongi

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2018, 09:24 AM »
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart, you begin to understand, there is no going back?"
"There are some things that time cannot mend. Some hurts that go too deep… that have taken hold."
"I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil."
"We set out to save the Shire wormnet, Sam. And it has been saved. But not for me."

;<
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline barman

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2018, 10:50 AM »
I used to play the game 24/7, but the moment I got my first full time job in 2013 was the beginning of the end of my worms "career" ;) I probably would've left at some point anyway since the state of the community seems a bit... boring? Where is everyone? Amazing how the league activity went from a normal 1500-2000 games per season a year ago to basically zero right now... seems like as soon as a significant number of players leave the game, everyone else just follows suit?

The last game in my replays folder is from July 2016, haven't touched worms ever since. I've never been much of a gamer, so I haven't really played other games either. Bought a bunch of classics (Portal, Civ 5 etc.) for fun during the last two christmas breaks, logged ~80 hours and that's about it. I'm probably already at an age when it's really hard to get into a new activity, especially when I have a bunch of other hobbies (astronomy, photography, programming) to fill my free time with.
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Anubis

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2018, 12:19 PM »

The most important part about any online game is the community and the people you play with. I am not surprised you find it boring at all. The same happened to me around 2010+ onwards, the people that made W:A great for me simply stopped playing. The game is just the playground but without the right people there is no fun to be had. That's why I said W:A will always be dead to me. My only hope is a new worms game that would create a new community similar to the one I enjoyed, which is a very slim chance considering T17 f@#!s up the mechanics that would support such a community quite well.

I will never be bored of roping as a game mechanic. But it's no fun doing it alone at a high level.

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2018, 12:53 PM »
Hahaha! You got the pain you wanted at the cost of hating my story mods. Why would I support you now? You have overfilled my madness. You were just making fun of me - and here's a comeback answer!
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.
My reaction to 3.8: STATUS CANNOT BE REMOVED!

Offline Sensei

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2018, 02:28 PM »
That's not what I meant sensei. What I mean is.. I know the game inside-out. In other games you sometimes discover a new technique or a new button/maneuver you never used before and suddenly you look at the game in a different light. It's been a REALLY REALLY long time since I seen something like that in Worms..

Kk, gottcha. Although, when you look some videos of, for example, lacoste.. You'll find out there's lot more to discover in this game. It turns out your knowledge of physics and gameplay are low bottom. Been playing this a lot for past 5 years and most of turns this guy come up with, I couldn't even imagine to do, let alone do it succesful. Biggest problem is focusing on few schemes that you find enjoyable to play, while there's so many others where you can test W:A possibilites.

Saying you know this particular game inside-out is basically like some random joe comes up with: "I can beat Jordan 1v1 cause I'm familiar with basketball rules". Not buying it.
But respect your choice if you find it boring after 20 years of activity.

EDIT: first part of post wasn't towards you, but players globally.