Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:55 AM

Author Topic: Questions for those who are inactive / stopped playing  (Read 8678 times)

Offline HHC

Re: Questions for those who are inactive / stopped playing
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2018, 03:21 PM »
I guess I over-stated it a bit  :-[

I do not have a komodo complex ;D

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2018, 07:52 PM »
Wally what games u playing now
when i have people over we sometimes get down on this after a few drinks:

i have a few classic gaming systems i play as well, nintendo, snes, ps1, ps2, ect. but not that often, they mostly collect dust in my back room.  did play duck hunt the other night though.

i played starcraft 2 for awhile, i still like it, but don't see myself playing it at all, and im most interested in it as any PC game.  I played my xbox one several times and then never again, just not into the games i had for it.

the best answer is now that im not playing worms consistently my gaming is down by virtually 95%, i dont really sink my time into games unless im invested  in the gameplay, and there currently isnt/not aware of that game right now.  i have other things to do with my time.

also:

An important reason for playing worms is the interaction with other players - the shittalk. Worms acted as an outlet for repressed mental retardation.

i can completely agree with that assesment
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 07:57 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2018, 08:42 PM »
I'm just taking a break, I'll try to play more often.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Hurz

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2018, 05:46 AM »
That's not what I meant sensei. What I mean is.. I know the game inside-out. In other games you sometimes discover a new technique or a new button/maneuver you never used before and suddenly you look at the game in a different light. It's been a REALLY REALLY long time since I seen something like that in Worms..

Kk, gottcha. Although, when you look some videos of, for example, lacoste.. You'll find out there's lot more to discover in this game. It turns out your knowledge of physics and gameplay are low bottom. Been playing this a lot for past 5 years and most of turns this guy come up with, I couldn't even imagine to do, let alone do it succesful. Biggest problem is focusing on few schemes that you find enjoyable to play, while there's so many others where you can test W:A possibilites.

Saying you know this particular game inside-out is basically like some random joe comes up with: "I can beat Jordan 1v1 cause I'm familiar with basketball rules". Not buying it.
But respect your choice if you find it boring after 20 years of activity.

EDIT: first part of post wasn't towards you, but players globally.

:-* greetings husky

edit wa wow  moments never end
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 05:49 AM by Hurz »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2018, 11:33 AM »

^^Stuff like that mainly...

The community(on TUS) got extremely unsupportive and overly critical, and as a few other players said there aren't enough good competitive players. Without Clanners I barely see the point anymore...

Just sucks when you have all these ideas and plans and nobody else really cares enough to help out or put some effort in, you receive nothing but criticism and then lectured even though you are giving up your free time for the community...

I was online last week for a few games because XanKriegor got me slightly hooked to Grenade Wars, made a map too, I was asked about TUS, really can't be bothered with it but thought i'd check it out again for old times sake... I see I haven't missed much just some crazy guy going on about his WA dreams lol. I honestly can't be bothered sitting in AG spamming "Clanner ne1?" for like 4-5 hours to no avail anymore...

As for other games, waiting for 2 games to come out:

Monster Hunter World / X4: Foundations

As those are the last 2 series i've really enjoyed, the only 2 really, I thought the latest Zelda looked beautiful, and fell in love with it straight away but turned out to be a major disappointment with all the relentless grinding and doing same repetitive sh*t and lack of themes that OoT had for temples etc.

Apart from that music is going well had several songs on radio recently, done a remix for an upcoming band which gets released in 4 days, just need to keep grinding :)

Quitting my job / looking for new things.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2018, 01:51 PM »
Cause it is boring right now, none play league matches as many competitive players left it. One does not simply stay the whole day in ag looking for a league game... I prefer play some boII games which are definitely faster and funnier with friends. I've also been busy with rl stuff such as family and university. I miss this game so much, unfortunately i'm aware it's not anymore like it used to be.. well., life goes on..

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2018, 04:36 PM »
lack of scheme making options

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2018, 07:04 PM »
I will never be bored of roping as a game mechanic. But it's no fun doing it alone at a high level.

Yes it is! :D
x_+

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2018, 08:38 AM »

The community(on TUS) got extremely unsupportive and overly critical, and as a few other players said there aren't enough good competitive players. Without Clanners I barely see the point anymore...

Just sucks when you have all these ideas and plans and nobody else really cares enough to help out or put some effort in, you receive nothing but criticism and then lectured even though you are giving up your free time for the community...

I was online last week for a few games because XanKriegor got me slightly hooked to Grenade Wars, made a map too, I was asked about TUS, really can't be bothered with it but thought i'd check it out again for old times sake... I see I haven't missed much just some crazy guy going on about his WA dreams lol. I honestly can't be bothered sitting in AG spamming "Clanner ne1?" for like 4-5 hours to no avail anymore...

As those are the last 2 series i've really enjoyed, the only 2 really, I thought the latest Zelda looked beautiful, and fell in love with it straight away but turned out to be a major disappointment with all the relentless grinding and doing same repetitive sh*t and lack of themes that OoT had for temples etc.

Apart from that music is going well had several songs on radio recently, done a remix for an upcoming band which gets released in 4 days, just need to keep grinding :)

And that's also the reason why I engaged the Noobocalypse on WormNET. All the hate I get goes back later on.
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.
My reaction to 3.8: STATUS CANNOT BE REMOVED!

Offline fr4nk

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2018, 11:42 PM »
New city, new life... A JOB... no free time anymore! Kurwa!

[15:52:06] [avirex`mm] worms is not my life, u f@#!ing loser

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2018, 02:18 AM »
New city, new life... A JOB... no free time anymore! Kurwa!

EXCUSES!!!! REAL wormers will ALWAYS find a time to play at least max scheme or mole!!

Offline Thewolensheep

• The MEGA retard.

• United States United States
  • A f@$!%$! loser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2018, 03:33 AM »

And that's also the reason why I engaged the Noobocalypse on WormNET. All the hate I get goes back later on.

Because you're gonna make a bad side of the worms Armageddon community.
Creates soundbanks and other s!@t.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2018, 04:14 AM »
 ::)

Just keep play wutya lav

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2018, 10:53 AM »
Started playing guildwars 2 and if you wanted to do something there, people reacted enthousiastically and were generally very helpful. And we got the same people talking shit, but the snobbish people were a small minority.

Then I come back here, and people rely on the dinosaurs of the game to do something and when someone new comes along to make something, they get to deal with shitty comments.

And then I go back to gw2.

Edit: would still love to see more Wally commentating of replays, though! Had fun editing that one episode :) I'll still edit any new ones if you want or co-commentate if you want, though I'm pretty busy lately.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:56 AM by DarkOne »

Offline Husk

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2018, 06:09 PM »
As those are the last 2 series i've really enjoyed, the only 2 really, I thought the latest Zelda looked beautiful, and fell in love with it straight away but turned out to be a major disappointment with all the relentless grinding and doing same repetitive sh*t and lack of themes that OoT had for temples etc

yeah i know it's repetitive with the shrines... but outside of shrines there's alot of cool mysterious stuff... like i remember first time going to the desert... holy **** :D or the huge lake in south... but in worms we can make our own mysteries with our custom maps :D