Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:48 AM

Author Topic: Questions for those who are inactive / stopped playing  (Read 8680 times)

Re: Questions for those who are inactive / stopped playing
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2018, 07:30 PM »
I just found my CD after 5 years and put a snooper in Wormnet since.  Still love this game. It's still very fun to go for crazy stuff. I alternate between playing WA and Super Smash Bros. Melee.  The hardest thing is finding a good player to play. Please come back and let's play!

Some shitty things i've noticed with this new era of worms

Big RR is absolutely miserable... you can't see shit when you drop down from high heights and it's just shit. How does anyone enjoy this? Nooby wxw type roping zzzzz

Why does everyone play mole with x2 damage at the beginning? Ruins the scheme :(
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 07:42 PM by ShyGuy »
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Thewolensheep

• The MEGA retard.

• United States United States
  • A f@$!%$! loser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2018, 09:52 PM »
I just found my CD after 5 years and put a snooper in Wormnet since.  Still love this game. It's still very fun to go for crazy stuff. I alternate between playing WA and Super Smash Bros. Melee.  The hardest thing is finding a good player to play. Please come back and let's play!

Big RR is absolutely miserable... you can't see shit when you drop down from high heights and it's just shit. How does anyone enjoy this? Nooby wxw type roping zzzzz

Why does everyone play mole with x2 damage at the beginning? Ruins the scheme :(
i think you were playing rubber mole.
Creates soundbanks and other s!@t.

Offline AduN

• Chile Chile
  • hai2u!!1!:)
    • View Profile
    • my page
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2018, 10:42 PM »
I stopped playing W:A because lack of clanners and competitive players, so I returned to WoW Vanilla, but I got bored after a couple of months. Now I play W:A very rarely when I'm drunk and nostalgic. Right now I'm not playing any videogame, just studying for getting IT certifications and rec some "music".

« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2018, 01:11 AM »

I don't have rubber installed.

Also seems like every mole has someone invading me turn one and then it's up to the luck of the crates if I can defend myself. Stupid times on wormnet

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2018, 06:28 AM »

I don't have rubber installed.

Also seems like every mole has someone invading me turn one and then it's up to the luck of the crates if I can defend myself. Stupid times on wormnet
Avoiding that is part of the meta-game of multi-player mole. Don't make yourself the biggest/best cave right off the bat. Get your other worms moved into/connected to that cave ASAP to guard against invasion, but make it seem like a coincidence/accident. You want to appear like a noob as much as possible until you are in a dominant position. For example, if teleporting to your other worm, appear to seriously consider bad teleport locations (such as near the water with SD coming). Don't use chat/select worm/moonwalking at the start of the game if it's unnecessary.

It's always best to host the game yourself because a lot of people don't reseed the holes ("!seed hole random" and "!reload") or ensure the map has 65 colours or less. And then you can disable damage x2, gold banana, superweapons, etc, and restrict girder range and put whatever other settings you want. People naturally seem to gang up on the host a bit, so you can try using a random alias and changing your team's colour to something other than red. I agree that this is kinda lame, but a lot of "random russian noob" mole players actually do this.

Multiplayer mole is a challenging game. There are many unpredictable factors involved, the biggest of which is luck. It's a psychological battle as much as a strategic one. There is no honour, mostly just pettiness, greed, and revenge. You have to be okay with losing for reasons outside of your control. Your opponent is often stupid and will choose a sub-optimal move, throwing all your calculations out the window. Anyone can win, even a noob. The best you can do is increase your chances of winning. If all that sounds unacceptable, play BnG instead.

Playing 1v1 requires a lot more actual skill and less mind-tricks, so when I defend mole it's 1v1 I'm talking about, even though I enjoy all types. In 1v1 with a proper scheme the more talented player usually wins.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 06:32 AM by j0e »

Offline Mega`Adnan

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2018, 12:00 AM »
I actually decided to uninstall Steam and all of my games yesterday. I just can't get into gaming anymore. I still like it in theory but whenever I try something new I get bored in a very short amount of time, and when it comes to W:A I am not bored with the gameplay itself, but as I have already said before, it is a boring experience without the right people around. I'm not quitting forever and doubt that I ever will, but for now I find it depressing to log in to WormNET only to see a bunch of snoopers and random noobs. Every once in a while I'll find some good players on but not very often. I have very fond memories of the nights I'd say up until dawn playing Worms, sitting at my computer desk getting super stoned / drunk and laughing. I guess those days are gone.

I guess it's all for the best anyway since there's more productive things that I could be doing with my time. I am back in school yet again working on a master's degree, plus I recently got back into DJ'ing after being disinterested for a while. I also bought an Ableton Push 2 and will be learning how to use Ableton after being DAWless for like 10+ years.

It still sucks though. W:A was always an escape for me and even though I beefed with a couple of people throughout the years and thought that some others were assholes, the majority of players have been pretty cool... and to see them fade away one by one until basically none are left is really sad. This game helped me get through the darkest and most depressed times of my life and I honestly expected to be playing with some of these cats forever. I guess I should have known better and failed to realize what was inevitable. 

Offline skunk3

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2018, 12:07 AM »

I gotta disagree with you on one bit... Big RR is my favorite scheme hands down. There's so many amazing maps that test different roping competencies and there's no luck involved whatsoever, unlike roper/etc. I enjoy it more than TTRR because winning is based upon who does the best over many turns rather than just having one good run. Also, I have no problem seeing where I am going most of the time if I use CTRL + HOME. Dropping from heights is kinda hard sometimes but on some maps the map maker puts in some sort of indication to let you know that you're almost at the bottom. IMHO Big RR is the pinnacle of rope based schemes because there's no collecting crates, no attacking, just pure roping. It's a marathon of consistency and speed and that's why I'd rather play it than anything else. The crappy part is that there's only a handful of players who are active these days who can give me a challenge. (SaltyK9, Blitz, LordPiti, Sir J, etc.) I guess that doesn't matter anymore since I uninstalled! ;)

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2018, 01:04 AM »
I just don't like the wideness of the roping in Big RR. I like tight spaces where you have to be precise and efficient.  Don't quit worms, I'm back forever!

Offline skunk3

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2018, 06:33 PM »
I just don't like the wideness of the roping in Big RR. I like tight spaces where you have to be precise and efficient.  Don't quit worms, I'm back forever!

Well, you have to be precise and efficient in Big RR as well. The only difference is that one tiny mistake during one turn in Big RR isn't likely to cause a loss. I find Big RR more 'zen' and TTRR more stressful because one has to nail a run from start to finish as perfectly as possible, whereas in Big RR you know in the back of your mind that it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Anyway, I've already uninstalled... until I decide that there's a reason for me to come back. Maybe when 3.8 comes out I'll reinstall. 

Another thing that I should mention is that I historically do not limit my Worms experience to just W:A. I typically play W:A as well as whatever the newest Worms title is, and I can tell you that dealing with newer players is exhausting. Nobody gives a shit about the history of the game, nobody cares to learn rules, nobody cares to learn basic Worms etiquette, etc.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 06:45 PM by skunk3 »

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2018, 01:56 AM »
Guess I'm taking a break, due to life commitments and also lots of people have stopped playing and so have I, same reason as oldschoolers, this game is just not fun anymore, which is really sad indeed, cuz I used to enjoy it big time. Plus I need a new keyboard. :P

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2018, 04:39 AM »
The eruption of WA's death was launched by me in order to make a counterattack to my haters (Xan is now excluded). I didn't want to launch it, but the hate has charged me to do this.
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.
My reaction to 3.8: STATUS CANNOT BE REMOVED!

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2018, 07:41 AM »
Nobody hates you, you are just irrelevant. You seek attention constantly for bullshit fluff projects with zero substance. You released half a dozen flags and some shitty hand-drawn maps as the "ultimate worms mod". "Doodle worms" is probably a zipped shortcut to ms-paint. How is anyone supposed to take you seriously?

Offline Thewolensheep

• The MEGA retard.

• United States United States
  • A f@$!%$! loser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2018, 03:00 PM »
Nobody hates you, you are just irrelevant. You seek attention constantly for bullshit fluff projects with zero substance. You released half a dozen flags and some shitty hand-drawn maps as the "ultimate worms mod". "Doodle worms" is probably a zipped shortcut to ms-paint. How is anyone supposed to take you seriously?
Doodle Worms is my mod and is the one I've been working on for years.
It's a GuI mod. The deluxe version came out recently with a lot of stuff and is possibly better than his content. I've also done speech banks such as ports of worms reloaded ones, requested ones, original.
Creates soundbanks and other s!@t.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2018, 05:15 PM »
sometimes i think about returning and playing some games, but then i come here and see posts and topics of some idiots (like above) and i change my mind immediately, coz i am getting old and can't handle stupid people anymore
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 05:21 PM by Tomi »