Forums
March 29, 2024, 03:35 PM

Author Topic: Quick reminder: This is just a game, yeah?  (Read 5591 times)

Offline CyberShadow

• W:A maintainer

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Quick reminder: This is just a game, yeah?
« on: November 20, 2016, 02:53 PM »
Hi all,

I've been contacted today by a family member of a fellow Worms player. The player in question has been spending a lot of time playing the game, as well as participating in competitive events, up to the point where it began to affect their health and personal life, ending with an unfortunate situation.

So, I'd like to ask all of you to keep in mind that there are many, many things that are much more important than some 1999 video game about worms. Your health and family come foremost. Also, remember that every hour you play video games, including Worms Armageddon, is one hour you could have spent doing something productive or improving yourself (fitness, skills, career, etc.).

Additionally, as ESRB puts it... "Game Experience May Change During Online Play". Our community is generally nice, but can often be abrasive and unfortunately sometimes even vindictive and harsh. As much as I wish it could improve, there is little I can do about human nature.

It may not be easy to realize the full spectrum of outcomes from our decisions. Right now there are almost no limits on who can play online and no filters on what they can say once in-game, so it's not possible to predict what kind of person you will play against tomorrow. So, if you feel like playing online, or entering an event, might affect you or your life in a negative way, please just don't do it. It's not worth it, and there are better ways to fill your time.

And everyone else, please remember that the people behind the screen are also fellow humans, and might be more sensitive to some words or actions than others. Some people are more susceptible, some people may not realize when it's time to stop. It may not be easy when the other person is just some pixels on a screen, but please try to keep an element of humility and compassion in your online interactions.

Thank you.

Offline Mega`Adnan

Re: Quick reminder: This is just a game, yeah?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 03:28 PM »
An excellent message for everyone!

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 03:30 PM »
This game would be a better place if more people thought like this, Cybershadow :)

Offline StepS

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 03:47 PM »
I fully agree. It's always important to draw a line. This is why I've generally been much less involved in online games recently (I only play a couple times a week at best). Or games at all. Because I was able to realize how many actual goals had to be completed besides gaming. It's for this reason that the games I play nowadays are mostly those that carry some useful food for your brain. For example, foreign languages - depending on what you do, this may be better than any teacher. In everything I do, I try to find some value. Instead of having a worm bounce around the map for 5 hours straight, I could go to Wikipedia and learn something, or develop something for the good of many. As long as it is useful, I feel that a day has not been wasted. I don't expect everyone to feel the same way, but I hope you get my point. Thanks for the post.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Husk

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 03:57 PM »
much love to all, any friend of worms armageddon is a friend of mine

Offline Sensei

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 04:03 PM »

Offline Korydex

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 04:27 PM »

Offline xSniperx

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 05:04 PM »
Thank for the post CyberShadow.

This game would be a better place if more people thought like this, Cybershadow :)

It also would be a better place if those people post those thoughts more, DarkOne :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 05:17 PM »
Hi all,

I've been contacted today by a family member of a fellow Worms player. The player in question has been spending a lot of time playing the game, as well as participating in competitive events, up to the point where it began to affect their health and personal life, ending with an unfortunate situation.

So, I'd like to ask all of you to keep in mind that there are many, many things that are much more important than some 1999 video game about worms. Your health and family come foremost. Also, remember that every hour you play video games, including Worms Armageddon, is one hour you could have spent doing something productive or improving yourself (fitness, skills, career, etc.).

Additionally, as ESRB puts it... "Game Experience May Change During Online Play". Our community is generally nice, but can often be abrasive and unfortunately sometimes even vindictive and harsh. As much as I wish it could improve, there is little I can do about human nature.

It may not be easy to realize the full spectrum of outcomes from our decisions. Right now there are almost no limits on who can play online and no filters on what they can say once in-game, so it's not possible to predict what kind of person you will play against tomorrow. So, if you feel like playing online, or entering an event, might affect you or your life in a negative way, please just don't do it. It's not worth it, and there are better ways to fill your time.

And everyone else, please remember that the people behind the screen are also fellow humans, and might be more sensitive to some words or actions than others. Some people are more susceptible, some people may not realize when it's time to stop. It may not be easy when the other person is just some pixels on a screen, but please try to keep an element of humility and compassion in your online interactions.

Thank you.

that explain why u still did not do 4.0 update

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2016, 05:26 PM »
anyway that is post which should read komso, who ALWAYS force me to play SERIOUS and kick me from games,  but I always tell him "hey dude , just a game, hf" NOO!!!! f@#! U , PLAY SERIOUS OR DIE!!!!

Okay thats about Komso, and back to topic..

game is game, whatever you play cs worms or gta,  it will always be a game,  many ppl forget about it, they alliases, fake reports, and for what?  for being super mega pro in 90' game? if there are moneys at least.. no way,  thats reason i stopped tus for serious, I dont want to fight with ppl I like in this way, and you know what, I am good with that, I even saved many moneys by not buying next and next one keyboards (razer tarantula) which I usuaally destroy in some next days, and of course I saved the hell of much time.  I still enjoy play some funners like 1 time per week, hysteria big rr etc but this is totally another way that it was some years ago.

Thanks for that post CS, maybe some kids will read it and it will help them earlier than us - stupid old nerds without life

Offline Kradie

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2016, 06:22 PM »
Thanks for being forthcoming CyberShadow, I really wish people were more like this. It could alleviate a lot of drama if people had more communication with one another. Then again we're human, prone to imperfection, not everyone are compatible.

There's a lot of reason as to why people are different from each other, and why some pursue certain behaviorally role. Ergo the incompatibility card comes to play, it deters a user ability to be accepted with his/her current ranking and knowledge by third parties.

As individual, we're responsible for our action we make online. Unfortunately, not everyone can grasp the concept of the word responsibility and they cannot be faulted because of their current status. We all ''can'' grow as character you see in movies to someone complete.

Some human take solace in what they have in their life and dismiss those that they see less relevant. While some has limited knowledge of interaction, and that is to be what the community has classified.

In short, we can be the result of a human's behavior and personality, influencing with vanity or goodness of our heart.

Worms Armageddon's community is small but unique, that's what feel. We can be more mindful of our actions, and be accepting to one another.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Online Triad

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2016, 07:31 PM »
+1 for great post. Gaming is really something great, but it should be a hobby, not an addiction that eats your all day. There's a lot thing you can do in your life,  in such a short thing like human lifespan that even if I had 10 times longer lifespan it wouldn't be still enough. Having versatility of things you enjoy will lead a happier and stable life. Since not everything lasts forever, if you eventually get bored from gaming, it wouldn't be a problem if you already have other activities you enjoy beside gaming.

Sorry for any typo or grammar mistakes.

Offline Y2JID

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2016, 08:40 PM »
I remember when I used to leave the ex girlfriend in bed all time and I would prefer to worm she'd be like you love f@#!ing *chicken 23* more than me lol
Uh, yo, it just so happen this how Y2JID thing started
Flip two aces and get two face cards
It happens, chip stackin'
I turn around, see a bunch of chicks clappin'
But a girl walked by, caught my eye
So I said, 'What the f@#!, stand here and give me luck'
And she whispered in my ear
A purple one on there and put a pink one on there

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2016, 08:44 PM »
I remember when I used to leave the ex girlfriend in bed all time and I would prefer to worm she'd be like you love f@#!ing *chicken 23* more than me lol
lmao