Forums > General discussion

Real Time Rope Race!

<< < (3/4) > >>

j0e:
This works so well, no lag whatsoever. I highly recommend everyone to give it a try.

Kradie:
Will there be new version of real time?

j0e:
Version 0.0.9.0 was released on May 8th 2022. Download: https://github.com/nizikawa-worms/wkRealTime/releases/latest/download/wkRealTime-release.zip
The module is now compatible with wkBigLobby; disabled turn pause after worm gets damaged; disabled weapon panel lock

What a legend this nizikawa is!

TheKomodo:
I've also figured out another way to have realtime rope racing, with as many people as you want.

So how it works, I have this PC and a laptop, both have WA and both can host/join each others games.

I send the display from laptop to PC via a capture card, then stream 2 games live.

1 player will join each game, now here's the possible drawback, you cannot see what your opponent is doing because they are in a different game. Both players get into the same position with phased worms, they need to have VOIP, they don't need a mic, just able to hear the starting signal, once they hear it, they immediately skip go and start playing. That way their clocks will start at roughly the same time.

You need to use a specific scheme where pause timer is off, and also phase worms, and infinite time.

You could have 16 people all racing at the same time on the same screen had I enough computers and processing power.

This works for ANY racing scheme, i've done a demonstration with 2 computers:

I plan on hosting a Cup with this soon if anyone is interested.

j0e:
@Komo:  That's pretty clever, but about 10 years too late lol.  I doubt anyone wants to go to all that trouble now that we have an actual working realtime mod.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version