Forums
April 19, 2024, 12:33 AM

Author Topic: Roping meets music!  (Read 2839 times)

Offline TOMT

Roping meets music!
« on: December 25, 2013, 09:49 PM »

Always wanted some choreography in roping, I gave it my best shot!
This was a huge amount of work btw, for such a short video :)

Anyway, this is my Christmas present for all you wormers out there, merry Christmas!  :-*
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 10:54 PM by TOMT »

Re: Roping meets music!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 12:40 PM »
oh, sync music with turn on warmer, thats intresting, well i think sync vid (sliced on pieces) with music is easier but still gives kinda cooler effect. Or maybe you can put bass everime worm bounces on terrain, i think that would be epic

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 01:40 PM »
Nice.  That syncing must have taken a while! ;<

Offline Fenice

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 05:08 PM »
Lol man, this was very fun to watch xD. Nice! :D

Offline TOMT

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 11:57 PM »

Roping meets music 2 (demo)

Offline avirex

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 12:12 AM »
wow tomt!! that one was rly nice!!!

i rly liked that video!! gj!!

but... i hate the name change :X

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 01:58 AM »
btw! its super easy to make on Project X! Anyone is interested in that? Like map with piano and when you rope you can also play music haha

Offline Mayhem

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 06:06 AM »
That second one was awesome, and wtf name change, BRING TOMT BACK!!
BRING IT ON!!!!

Offline TOMT

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 04:55 PM »
Hey! I'm not changing back haha :P Everyone started saying "Hi Tom!" And my name isnt Tom, so I had to change!  ;D And Kuiper is based on the Kuiper Belt, which I think is awesome!  :P

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 10:29 PM »
btw! its super easy to make on Project X! Anyone is interested in that? Like map with piano and when you rope you can also play music haha

That is so true.
With ProjectX this is pretty simple to implement.  1 hour scripting and testing and we ready to go.

some beats areas, some loops areas. no problem with that. even volume and panning is under control in PX.
Its even possible to dinamically change the beats/loops depends on time/event.

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 10:56 PM »
and there is already px-wxw scheme, remember? When you touch the wall it change the color and makes some noise :D
10 mins of editing and we are done

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 11:57 PM »
and there is already px-wxw scheme, remember? When you touch the wall it change the color and makes some noise :D
10 mins of editing and we are done

lol u didnt play px too long) it was few ears ago xD There are a lot of other libs with map based conditions. Some of them written by me (portalGun ignore walls, Portals as map objects, TrickRace zones for ropes, logic task zones in NewAge PX rope race etc). Now i just need do the same, but related to music files.
And yeah.. its always very easy on words, but believe me, things that we think we can do in 10 mins, will take couple hours (if its about scripting) :) Always need tests, re-tests, fixing errors, testing multiple conditions, be sure all fine and only then release :)
What we can do now - is to make a map objects, place to specific places with custom size and set there filename to play. Also set is it should be a loop or played once (like in vid2) and script it to be related on worm`s position (for example if worm touched smth and that touch point is in specified zone). And so on. Then attach to scheme any lib that contains specified files and you ready to go.

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 12:11 AM »
What i personnaly think, perfect scenario would be:
press some key1 to RECORD/RE-RECORD loop1;
press some s_key1 to PLAY/STOP loop1;
key2 -> RECORD loop2;
s_key2 -> PLAY/STOP loop2.
and so on.
Thats the way to make realy cool and enjoyable musical compositions with only roping.
Also roping sounds (rope attach, worm bounces) will be muted.

We could make couple loops and turn on/off and build a song. Or we could record some loops, and then do freestyle beats while they playing.

To implemets this, i will need days (of free time), not hours. But this would definitely worth it
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 12:13 AM by PyroMan »

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 12:28 AM »
piano roof idea is brilliant
cant wait to try it

oh pyro you also want to add recording :Ddd
its even more kickass yeah
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 12:31 AM by Impossible »

Offline TOMT

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 01:38 AM »
Wow! This suddenly became some crazy PX idea! If this walk is gonna be walked I'll be the 1st person to make a big composition in PX music mode!! ;D