Forums
April 16, 2024, 07:55 AM

Author Topic: "S" for "Slow Motion" during a replay won't work?  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Magellan

"S" for "Slow Motion" during a replay won't work?
« on: March 28, 2010, 02:20 PM »
Hi all

First some technical things that may be relevant, about my version of WA and my computer in general.

I have the latest version of Worms Armageddon (forgot the number). However my CD from 1999 broke a long time ago so I am now playing using an ISO (virtual CD drive) on my PC. I am running windows vista, so I have to kill the "explorer.exe" process before I run WA if I want to see all the correct colors and palettes.

First, when I press R to force a replay, it almost never works. :/ (especially if it was a massive shot that killed like 40 worms). Second, when a replay DOES work (or when it is automatically brought up by the computer), if I press S for slow motion, it used to work a long time ago with my 1999 CD and an older version, but now it simply STOPS the damn replay... Like a "pause".... If I HOLD the "S" key, it will flow, but at normal 1.0x speed... How do I watch slow motion??

Also once I press "S" and freeze the Replay, pressing space to call it off doesn't work, I have to sit through all of it, but it's frozen, so I have to keep holding "S" until the end.

Does anyone have this problem?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 02:21 PM by Magellan »
~And thou shalt burn.

Re: "S" for "Slow Motion" during a replay won't work?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 02:58 PM »
First, when I press R to force a replay, it almost never works. :/ (especially if it was a massive shot that killed like 40 worms).

No clue here, R is for restarting the replay.

Also once I press "S" and freeze the Replay, pressing space to call it off doesn't work, I have to sit through all of it, but it's frozen, so I have to keep holding "S" until the end.

By using S you can watch your replay frame by frame. If you want to bring its speed back, just press 1.

Offline Magellan

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 03:12 PM »
Cool, is that a new feature? I didn't know. I've had WA for way too long, but of course I didn't play for all this time, and now that I'm back at it I'm facing all this new stuff. :D

So how do you view in slowmotion, say, x0.4, without having to be holding S to go frame by frame?
~And thou shalt burn.

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 05:17 PM »
Shift + 1-9

I recommend you to read the "WA_Readme-3.6.29.0_Beta.rtf" file found in the main directory of worms installation.

•   Replays (both instant-replays in offline games, and automatic game recordings): (introduced in v3.6.19.7, improved in v3.6.19.17, v3.6.24.1, v3.6.23.0)
•   To pause playback, press S.
•   To step one frame while paused, press S.
•   The playback speed can be controlled with the top number keys 1 – 9. The progression is geometric in pairs: the keys correspond to 1×,1.5×,2×,3×,4×,6×,8×,12×,16×.
•   Holding 0 allows setting higher coefficients: pressing 1 – 9 while holding 0 corresponds to 24×,32×,48×,64×,96×,128×,192×,256×,384×. The speeds are, however, limited to the processing capacity of your machine.
•   Holding Shift while pressing a speed key or key combination will slow down playback, otherwise it will be speeded up.
•   To set a "bookmark" at the current position during playback of a game recording, press M. When using "Playback at", the game sets the bookmark at the specified position and fast-forwards the replay until the position is reached.
•   To rewind an automatic game recording to the current bookmarked position, or to the beginning of the replay file if no bookmark has been set, press R.
•   To clear the bookmarked position and restart playback from the beginning, press Shift+R.

Offline Magellan

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 12:05 AM »
THANKS A LOT van!! That was a great reply. Stupid me, didn't read the readme.
~And thou shalt burn.