Forums
April 25, 2024, 05:17 PM

Author Topic: Schemes that you USED TO enjoy?  (Read 3691 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Schemes that you USED TO enjoy?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2018, 12:12 PM »
I had actually typed out like 3 different posts(I mean the one above that ended in 1 sentence) and deleted all of them thinking what's the point, someone will just moan and miss the point entirely lol.

But I agree with most of what you said in this thread Skunk, and Anubis and Zalo.

Certain people in this very post are a huge part of why I don't really do much anymore here, can't really do anything without being criticized for it one way or another, even when you host a free Twyst Tournaments with cash prizes for people in your own time, you still get bitched at for not being good enough...

I still go online for the odd game here and there, i'll never be fully into this game again, ever, unless some sort of miracle happens and everybody is fun and open minded again.

I used to go online and have people like Marco talk to me about spirituality and the pineal gland, that guy is one of my personal heroes, sent me on a path of life that I love...

Everybody that plays now, they talk about meaningless garbage, RAPE RAPE RAPE etc... (Or i'm just unlucky with who I play lol?)

Everytime I try to get people talking it's absolute bollux... XanKriegor has been an absolute legend speaking with me since I left on Discord, he is a real friend speaking about real passions and hobbies etc. Nino as well, he's been really cool chatting as well, hoping to visit nino within the next few years :)

So now I surround myself around positive people, it's amazing, i've truly never been happier :)

1 thing I will make clear, this game has been one of the most important parts of my life and I wouldn't change it for the world.

One of my favourite things to do is go to a pub, find an old person sitting alone, and hear their life stories, one of the most amazing experiences, old people know so much...

Offline Sensei

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2018, 02:24 PM »
Certain people in this very post are a huge part of why I don't really do much anymore here

Ppl in thread by now: skunk3, old sock, husk, xrayez, anubis, themadcharles, asbest, thewalrus, sensei, kradie, joe, senator, zalo, marian, nino.

Now stand behind your words for once and englighten us. Which of these ppl affected you in any way and are the reason you're not playing anymore? What was that big injustice that was dealt to you and couldn't ever be fixed!?

What's with all the self-pity on these forums? Are you guys actually think any of these, mostly 30+ year old ppl, give a flying f@#! about how fragile you are? Do we all should agree with your posts and opinions whenever you say something? Do we need to keep our mouth shut because we could, help me god, hurt anyone's feelings? Is this a community forum or a ballet reherseal?

Every idea/thread that brings something inovative and is well thought out will get applauded and supported. This community is not cancer. Never was, never will be.
Handful of same ppl just want to represent it that way over and over again. Give up.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2018, 02:58 PM »
One of the big reasons is you Sensei.

For example, I tried getting into Rocket League with you and Sniper, you both f@#!ing ignored me on Steam messaging service, yet few minutes later you are streaming, you act like my friend and talk all nice on your stream, but still ignore me in private, says a lot about your character. (This happened 3 times before I gave up and moved on.)

To put it simply, you're a selfish dick.

P.S. Not to mention you going after everyone on forums for anything, attacking them instead of the topic they raised.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2018, 03:07 PM »
Certain people in this very post are a huge part of why I don't really do much anymore here, can't really do anything without being criticized for it one way or another, even when you host a free Twyst Tournaments with cash prizes for people in your own time, you still get bitched at for not being good enough...

I am going to assume that you feel this way about me. We did have some interesting chats on snooper, but elsewhere there weren't much effort made in keeping in touch. Perhaps this is my fault too, I didn't want to intrude, you seem very busy.

A general note to everyone, I don't just play ZaR, but it is the scheme that I enjoy the most. I'm not perfect, nor am I liked much, but the people I hang with, are genuine good decent people, that can accept the indifference.

So maybe you are thinking now ''Well, I don't like Kradie much, does this make me a bad person?'' Hell no. there are people I don't like too.But to accept and tolerate is a better option than toxicity.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2018, 03:08 PM »
Gonna have to agree with komodo here, but sensei still has a good point, with the whole fragility thing. You shouldn't always blame your problems on others and care about what others think of you

Offline Sensei

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2018, 03:18 PM »
?? You stoped playin wa cause sniper and me were doin some competitive duos in rocket league?

You had 1hr in that game, snipe and me had 500+. You really think it would be fun for any of us to play ranked together? Cmon man, be realistic. You can't get affected by those kind of stuff.

Double standards dude.. You wouldn't ruin your bng stats to play duos with some newbie, but expect ppl to do it for you. That's school example of selfish ;)

Kinda proved my point of these self-pity meaningless posts ppl tend to write on tus. No head, no tail.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2018, 04:19 PM »
No Kradie, you are one of my favourite people on WA.

You are enthusiastic, intelligent, very helpful, and use the English language very creatively! We've had some pretty deep and fascinating conversations in #AG, I always thanked you for your time, I wish more people were like you.

Sensei, by the point I gave up I already became good flying in the air doing tricks n stuff, I have a natural talent to get amazing at anything I like, very fast.

And who said we had to play ranked? And if that was the case, YOU COULD HAVE f@#!ING REPLIED AND SAID THAT!

It's the fact you ignored me, then when on to play, it's just disrespectful, you didn't try to encourage me or help me get into the game at all, you kept it all to yourself. Maybe even "Sorry dude, i'm gonna play some Ranked matches with Sniper, maybe another time we can do some fun games and you can learn". But nope, you literally ignored me.

Yes, I wouldn't risk my BnG stats, but I still play COUNTLESS HOURS of funners with people who showed a keen interest to play and learn, you, alone pretty much ruined Rocket League for me, just like all the people on WA that have been shunned and turned away because of similar experiences!

Prove me wrong, I dare you! I don't hate you or anything, I just realize you are pretty selfish that way, and choose to avoid you now.

Also, STRGRN, why do you think I walked away and made myself happy lol, at the end of the day, Sensei lost out on a great friendship, and potential partner who has incredible abilities at gaming, I just went on to do other things with people who actually care.

P.S. - It also shows a lot about a persons personality when they can't even notice, take in, and understand key statements like "One of the big reasons", "For example," etc... It's actually worrying, and seems to happen a lot around here.

Offline Aladdin

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2018, 05:37 PM »
Kradie :-*

Offline skunk3

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2018, 07:20 PM »
This community is not cancer. Never was, never will be.

Wrong. (Just look at how people ran off Jonno from Team17, for example!)

There are many people who are absolute assholes around here. As I said, most of them don't seem to post anymore but TUS has been no stranger to cancerous jerks in years past... and the worst part about that is the fact that these twats are often supported in what they say by others in their incestuous clique, or at the very least, nobody speaks out about them. TUS has birthed (or at least further solidified) an 'inner circle' of players who suck the fun out of the game in myriad ways. For example, look at Husk's posts in this thread. That sort of behavior should rightfully be condemned because it is uncalled-for and just plain rude. In fact, if he were a decent person he would apologize.

I don't involve myself with cliques and never have. I play with everybody, I talk to everybody, and I often take time to teach noobs. Too many people on TUS are elitist, condescending, and rude.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2018, 08:25 PM »
Just look at how people ran off Jonno from Team17, for example!

He was here to promote new t17 title and try to trick ppl to spend money on it.
After his job was done, no one saw him ever again. There wasn't "knife on the neck" needed for that guy to leave this place, lol. Phony and no-name, is it possible anyone still mourning him?

Try and get back ppl like cueshark, lacoste - for entertaining you tube videos and compilations..
Map makers, wormkit module developers...

Just typed jonno in search on tus. He's mentioned 8 times in last 2 years.
5 times by you skunk3.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2018, 08:59 PM »
Skunk, I do agree with you on how Husk 1st responded to you, but honestly I think you both over reacted a bit, Husk is a Worms Armageddon legend, I think you should be more patient with him.

He's poured, imo, I could be wrong, at least 15k hours into this game, a fair bit of that included towards this very community, he's on my top 5 list of best players of all time for his variety of skills across every single scheme invented, his loyalty towards his friends, clan, and this community, and i've seen pretty much everything from almost everybody.

He does however have a very blunt way of speaking to people, which does offend some people, but I feel he's a good soul and will always treat him with the respect he deserves even if he pisses me off beyond belief with something(which he never has btw).

Anyway, I miss Darts the most.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2018, 09:11 PM »
Skunk, I do agree with you on how Husk 1st responded to you, but honestly I think you both over reacted a bit, Husk is a Worms Armageddon legend, I think you should be more patient with him.

He's poured, imo, I could be wrong, at least 15k hours into this game, a fair bit of that included towards this very community, he's on my top 5 list of best players of all time for his variety of skills across every single scheme invented, his loyalty towards his friends, clan, and this community, and i've seen pretty much everything from almost everybody.

He does however have a very blunt way of speaking to people, which does offend some people, but I feel he's a good soul and will always treat him with the respect he deserves even if he pisses me off beyond belief with something(which he never has btw).

Anyway, I miss Darts the most.

I have to carefully consider what I'm going to say here because I don't want anyone getting butthurt. First of all, I don't feel as though I overreacted whatsoever. I didn't insult him. I didn't act like a child. All I did was stand up for myself because if you don't correct people in their asshole behavior they will continue to act in that manner. It's like dog training. He needs to know that his attitude is NOT okay, ever. I have no patience for anyone who acts like that, here or IRL. I also don't give a damn about his (in your eyes) "legend" status. I too easily have 15k hours into this game or more, but the difference is that I haven't given a crap about league play for well over 10 years. I am a very solid all-arounder too but I don't want to get into that because people will try to argue and ridicule and mock and challenge, blah blah blah. I'm not going to make any self-aggrandizing claims because it's not relevant and I know what happens. Being good at the game and/or having a good league record doesn't give one carte blanche to be a prick, especially to me because league records mean absolutely nothing at all in my eyes.   

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2018, 11:28 PM »
Yeah except Husk isn't a big league fanatic really, he plays casually and does very well, at least seems like it to me lol.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2018, 12:07 AM »
Husk was a very competitive allrounder at FB.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 12:10 AM by Ryan »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2018, 12:18 AM »
Yeah he is, but it comes naturally, I never saw him brag or trash talk or ever mention how good he is at anything, always great sportsmanship, a very humble player.

I just imagine, Husk is that good just casually flowing along, imagine if he went full on?

And as usual, skunk, I never asked how good you were or think you are, everytime I mention how good I think someone is you mention your own talents and "if, but, coulda, woulda..." well,  the simple fact is, Husk has been around and proved himself, you haven't, to anybody it seems, and I don't mean to offend, that's just how it is, or at least looks to many of us.

I know for a fact I could equal or top Mablak if I could be arsed, but I can't, he could, and did... Same goes for a lot of people lol.