Forums
April 16, 2024, 05:24 PM

Author Topic: Schemes that you USED TO enjoy?  (Read 3666 times)

Offline skunk3

Schemes that you USED TO enjoy?
« on: June 11, 2018, 12:09 AM »
I played my first roper in ages the other day and it kinda reminded me why I stopped playing them to begin with. Years ago I was obsessed with roper and played it non-stop. Now I can't stand them because it's so dependent on crate luck and also there's usually 1-2 hides that are the best on the map and people just stick to the same hides over and over until crate luck determines a winner. These days I much prefer Big RR because there's no luck involved.

Do you guys have any schemes that you used to really enjoy, but don't like playing anymore?

Offline sock

Re: Schemes that you USED TO enjoy?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 12:28 AM »
Yeah, it's hard to enjoy roper with crate luck.

I don't enjoy time trial rope race that much anymore.

Offline Husk

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 07:43 PM »
I played my first roper in ages the other day and it kinda reminded me why I stopped playing them to begin with. Years ago I was obsessed with roper and played it non-stop. Now I can't stand them because it's so dependent on crate luck and also there's usually 1-2 hides that are the best on the map and people just stick to the same hides over and over until crate luck determines a winner. These days I much prefer Big RR because there's no luck involved.

Do you guys have any schemes that you used to really enjoy, but don't like playing anymore?

why do u care if ur opponent wins by crate luck? try to enjoy just improving urself, then u'll be the winner, u have a shit mentality. try to enjoy the game than to win, crate luck u can't change but u can always improve

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 08:15 PM »

why do u care if ur opponent wins by crate luck? try to enjoy just improving urself, then u'll be the winner, u have a shit mentality. try to enjoy the game than to win, crate luck u can't change but u can always improve

Yeah, even if there's luck involved, it's always constant, unlike skills that improve with more practice time.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 08:11 AM »

I do play to improve myself. YOU have a shit mentality if you're coming into this thread and making assumptions and generally being a sanctimonious ass totally unprovoked... acting like you possess the correct mentality. Come on man, that's just dick behavior, juvenile, and uncalled-for. 

While I do play for fun, and for improvement, I also do play to win. I think it's natural to be a little disappointed when taking a loss, especially when luck has anything to do with it. While things like crate luck can piss me off, not playing to my potential pisses me off even more. The other day I played a couple of ropers with Dibz/Blitz, the first ropers I'd played in ages. I wasn't surprised that I lost... I was rusty and Dibz is a very good roper. The first game I lost easily. The second one I nearly won (literally one turn away from winning) until I made a mistake and also had some bad crate luck. I was just commenting on how I used to love roper but now I prefer Big RR because I feel it has far less luck involved and is more interesting in general.

I'm not salty that I lost. I don't take Worms seriously anymore (and haven't in a long time), but that's not to say that I don't want to win. Having fun and playing to win are not mutually exclusive. If you aren't playing Worms to win I don't even see the point in playing, and it's also kinda disrespectful to your opponent. Nobody wants to win because the other guy wasn't trying. If I didn't enjoy Worms I wouldn't play it, simple. I've been on WormNET since day one having fun and wouldn't be still playing basically 20 years later if I didn't find it enjoyable, lol.

To get back on topic, there's certain schemes that I used to find very entertaining but these days I don't really care for them. Roper is one example. T17 is another. It's not that I don't have fun playing T17, I play to win, and if your opponent gets aqua sheeps and other useful items while you uzis and shit, it can be really annoying. Crate luck is why I also like playing WxW's with 1 HP crates instead of random weapon crates. I prefer zook/mine/drill/lg only. Last but not least I have to mention Intermediate. I have fun playing it, but it still pisses me off due to the 1 HP sudden death option... so I don't play it that much anymore.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:19 AM by skunk3 »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 11:17 AM »
BnG

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 02:57 PM »
Battle Race, Holy War, Chute Race (wdca only)

Offline sock

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 03:53 PM »
I like all the classic schemes to be honest and still do.

Offline Asbest

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 04:19 PM »
Warmer and TTRR

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 04:54 PM »
I like all the classic schemes to be honest and still do.
yeah there is nothing in classic league i dont like except shopper, or any scheme 2v2, the game has passed me by, though.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 05:08 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline Husk

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2018, 06:10 PM »

I do play to improve myself. YOU have a shit mentality if you're coming into this thread and making assumptions and generally being a sanctimonious ass totally unprovoked... acting like you possess the correct mentality. Come on man, that's just dick behavior, juvenile, and uncalled-for.

the thing is skunk3, this isn't the first time and not the last time u complain about luck, so yeah, YOU have a shit mentality

even if there was bad crate luck in the 2nd game between you and dibz, there were still 100 things u cuda done better, so instead of looking at luck, look at the possibilities u cuda done better

ofc you try to win, but winning and losing happens, you can't avoid losing, hell, if u want to improve you must fail/lose, you can focus on the bad luck you had, but i think it's more smart to focus on the good things my opponent did to win

you using the intermediate 1 hp sudden death as a example of luck just shows how out of touch you really are, i used to think it was luck aswell, but it's actually skill, you have all the information on your screen and if you pay attention you know when the sudden death starts

overall your mentality is bad, i'd say shit
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 06:17 PM by Husk »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 06:50 PM »

the thing is skunk3, this isn't the first time and not the last time u complain about luck, so yeah, YOU have a shit mentality

even if there was bad crate luck in the 2nd game between you and dibz, there were still 100 things u cuda done better, so instead of looking at luck, look at the possibilities u cuda done better

ofc you try to win, but winning and losing happens, you can't avoid losing, hell, if u want to improve you must fail/lose, you can focus on the bad luck you had, but i think it's more smart to focus on the good things my opponent did to win

you using the intermediate 1 hp sudden death as a example of luck just shows how out of touch you really are, i used to think it was luck aswell, but it's actually skill, you have all the information on your screen and if you pay attention you know when the sudden death starts

i was totally with you 100% until intermediate 1 hp argument, this was the strongest cheat in wa2.exe, i really doubt its skill unless you sit there with a stopwatch, its nice to have the vague prompts as to when SD is starting but it really isn't exactly indicative of the exact moment SD starts.

Seriously though Vince, just have fun, this game has no competitive aspect anymore, not like you were active in any league ever, anyways.  Stop taking yourself so seriously man, you seem hyper committed to always being disappointed or let down.  That's no way to live life.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 06:53 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2018, 06:55 PM »
Had some good times playing darts tours few years ago. Every night 4-6 ppl would compete and try to get highest scores in big variety of maps. Pretty active mini league, organised leaderboards, 200+ different throws/playstyles, all players similar in skill..

Now, like rest of the community, I hate the scheme.. But can't say it was never fun!

Stop taking yourself so seriously man, you seem hyper committed to always being disappointed or let down.  That's no way to live life.

What he said.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2018, 08:44 PM »
i was totally with you 100% until intermediate 1 hp argument, this was the strongest cheat in wa2.exe, i really doubt its skill unless you sit there with a stopwatch, its nice to have the vague prompts as to when SD is starting but it really isn't exactly indicative of the exact moment SD starts.

Seriously though Vince, just have fun, this game has no competitive aspect anymore, not like you were active in any league ever, anyways.  Stop taking yourself so seriously man, you seem hyper committed to always being disappointed or let down.  That's no way to live life.
Show him NormalNoNoobs, he might enjoy it

Offline skunk3

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2018, 09:27 AM »

When was the last time I really complained about luck? Can you actually cite a time without rummaging through past posts? I honestly can't remember personally but surely it has to be years ago since I've barely posted to these forums in comparison to most of the people on here. (264 posts vs. your nearly 7,000 posts!) Besides, I'm not COMPLAINING about anything at all. You don't seem to understand the difference between complaining and stating a preference. I simply said that I do not like playing roper anymore because of the luck / tedium element. That's it... nothing more, nothing less. Pointing out luck elements in a particular scheme does not equate to complaining. You keep trying to dissect my statements and accuse me of this and that while also being a straight-up asshole and saying that I have a shit mentality. I've said nothing here to have prompted your anti-Skunk tirade and the irony of the whole situation is absolutely hilarious. 

Everyone can always do better in games. You keep making very broad, generic statements / suggestions as though you are telling me something that I haven't considered, as though I don't know how to play the game when I've been around longer than you. Can you understand why this doesn't make any sense to me? As far as the game with Blitz goes, I already said that I made a mistake during the game, so why make redundant, obvious suggestions?

Finally, I am aware that you can strategize in Intermediate for 1 HP sudden death mode. This isn't news to me, I've been playing the damn scheme for ages. The reason why I don't like Intermediate or any scheme with 1 HP sudden death is because once SD kicks in, it makes me feel as though my efforts up until that point have been kinda worthless....basically just positioning. I just don't like that sudden death option. It's not that I can't plan ahead or adjust to it - I just think it's stupid and not fun, therefore I prefer to not play schemes with that sudden death mode. That's not to say that I don't / won't play Intermediate... I'd just prefer to play something else. Am I not allowed personal preference?

One thing that I will complain about is the very nature of what it feels like to engage on TUS with certain regular posters. It is a very high school, clique-y, wolf pack, popularity contest sort of vibe around here, which is why I barely posted to this site or even checked it out for years. The core TUS crowd (some of them, not all) is so incestuous in a manner of speaking and up each other's asses that anyone who isn't a part of that 'inner circle' is seen as an outsider and gets picked on like the new kid in the lunch room, lol. If you don't like me for whatever reason, that's fine, but there's no need to personally insult me or my intelligence unless I attack you first. I think that a lot of people view me in a bad light because of that one time I trolled the f@#! out of TUS for a day or two a long time ago. I find it funny and sad that basically nobody even understood that I was intentionally trying to aggravate people just to see if they would actually get butthurt or of they could identify a blatantly obvious troll attempt for what it is. The humor and ridiculousness that used to be a staple part of the W:A experience has been gone for a long time now, and that's why I think a lot of people don't feel like playing anymore. Furthermore, I personally think that TUS (both the leagues themselves and the 'inner circle') are the primary reason why the fun has been sucked out of the game... and that is not an attempt at trolling, I'm being dead serious.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 10:03 AM by skunk3 »