Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:42 PM

Author Topic: Schemes that you USED TO enjoy?  (Read 3647 times)

Offline skunk3

Re: Schemes that you USED TO enjoy?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 09:35 AM »
I played my first roper in ages the other day and it kinda reminded me why I stopped playing them to begin with. Years ago I was obsessed with roper and played it non-stop. Now I can't stand them because it's so dependent on crate luck and also there's usually 1-2 hides that are the best on the map and people just stick to the same hides over and over until crate luck determines a winner. These days I much prefer Big RR because there's no luck involved.

Do you guys have any schemes that you used to really enjoy, but don't like playing anymore?

why do u care if ur opponent wins by crate luck? try to enjoy just improving urself, then u'll be the winner, u have a shit mentality. try to enjoy the game than to win, crate luck u can't change but u can always improve

I do play to improve myself. YOU have a shit mentality if you're coming into this thread and making assumptions and generally being a sanctimonious ass totally unprovoked... acting like you possess the correct mentality. Come on man, that's just dick behavior, juvenile, and uncalled-for.

the thing is skunk3, this isn't the first time and not the last time u complain about luck, so yeah, YOU have a shit mentality

even if there was bad crate luck in the 2nd game between you and dibz, there were still 100 things u cuda done better, so instead of looking at luck, look at the possibilities u cuda done better

ofc you try to win, but winning and losing happens, you can't avoid losing, hell, if u want to improve you must fail/lose, you can focus on the bad luck you had, but i think it's more smart to focus on the good things my opponent did to win

you using the intermediate 1 hp sudden death as a example of luck just shows how out of touch you really are, i used to think it was luck aswell, but it's actually skill, you have all the information on your screen and if you pay attention you know when the sudden death starts

overall your mentality is bad, i'd say shit
i was totally with you 100% until intermediate 1 hp argument, this was the strongest cheat in wa2.exe, i really doubt its skill unless you sit there with a stopwatch, its nice to have the vague prompts as to when SD is starting but it really isn't exactly indicative of the exact moment SD starts.

Seriously though Vince, just have fun, this game has no competitive aspect anymore, not like you were active in any league ever, anyways.  Stop taking yourself so seriously man, you seem hyper committed to always being disappointed or let down.  That's no way to live life.

I do have fun. What gave you the impression that I am not having fun playing Worms? The game still has a competitive aspect but it's just not based on leagues. I've never understood why people think that nothing you do in-game matters unless a league score is there to back it up. As far as my league days go, I was never active in TUS at all. By the time TUS was even a thing I was burned out on playing in that way. I told you about this a long ass time ago. I used to play a ton of pre-TUS clanners and singles stuff but that was ages ago. I don't understand what is giving you the impression that I am taking myself too seriously here, or that I am in need of counseling? Go back through the thread. I haven't complained about anything at all. I just wanted to start a topic to get people talking.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 10:01 AM »
Besides, I'm not COMPLAINING about anything at all. You don't seem to understand the difference between complaining and stating a preference. I simply said that I do not like playing roper anymore because of the luck / tedium element.

That's why ppl started replying you with so much negativity. You make new thread every time you change opinion about something, and it's annoying cause you change it more often than I switch my underwear.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2018, 10:05 AM »
Besides, I'm not COMPLAINING about anything at all. You don't seem to understand the difference between complaining and stating a preference. I simply said that I do not like playing roper anymore because of the luck / tedium element.

That's why ppl started replying you with so much negativity. You make new thread every time you change opinion about something, and it's annoying cause you change it more often than I switch my underwear.

What on Earth are you talking about? How many threads have I even started on TUS? I BARELY even post to this site, man. Maybe you're confusing my posts to TUS with my posts to Steam forums for other Worm titles? Facebook groups? What is it? For that matter, I don't even change my mind that often, and if I do change my mind about something Worms-related, I try to at least explain why. I don't see how any of this deserves negativity thrown in my face.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 10:08 AM by skunk3 »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2018, 01:57 PM »
There are two ways to reply to any thread on the internet.

1. You stay on topic and reply what the thread is about.
2. You attack the thread creator.

90% of the time people choose 2. And that is not unique to TUS or W:A or anything. I frequent many forums way bigger than worms and it always boils down to debates and arguments over the most useless things, mainly opinions which have formed over the course of years or even decades and thus are very unlikely to change. I have come to the conclusion that online interaction with strangers is just a clown fiesta and people just want to be "right" to boost their ego. You can literally check anyone on these forums, including me, and you find this typical human behavior.

The easiest way to get along online is to just have no opinion at all. People even trust you way more if you are neutral on everything because they think you don't care anyway.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 02:01 PM by Anubis »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2018, 03:44 PM »
We seek opinion from others to validate our status. If the opinion of others aren't satisfactor to our own, we can feel threatened. Therefor we can act on our own justice, even if it seems cruel, it is just to seek order to our own stabilization- This is essential in controlling the chaos within us.

To have opinion, or not to have? We still seek confirmation or belonging from entities around us. So the inextricable everlasting quest of superiority complex will always corrupt. There's no escaping the cycle of vanity.  The only thing one can do is to accept, accept that being wrong is totally fine.

Then again, much here is totally subjective and should not be taken serious.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2018, 04:56 PM »
We seek opinion from others to validate our status. If the opinion of others aren't satisfactor to our own, we can feel threatened. Therefor we can act on our own justice, even if it seems cruel, it is just to seek order to our own stabilization- This is essential in controlling the chaos within us.

To have opinion, or not to have? We still seek confirmation or belonging from entities around us. So the inextricable everlasting quest of superiority complex will always corrupt. There's no escaping the cycle of vanity.  The only thing one can do is to accept, accept that being wrong is totally fine.

You post like a drunk Leo Tolstoy, I love it

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2018, 11:35 PM »

You post like a drunk Leo Tolstoy, I love it
Agreed. Best post I've read on these forums in months.

Offline Senator

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2018, 01:46 PM »
Rope schemes. Used to be the only reason for playing Worms.

Still, Roper > WxW

Offline Zalo

• Poland Poland
  • May the mole be with you (◕◡◕)/
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2018, 02:20 PM »

What on Earth are you talking about? How many threads have I even started on TUS? I BARELY even post to this site, man. Maybe you're confusing my posts to TUS with my posts to Steam forums for other Worm titles? Facebook groups? What is it? For that matter, I don't even change my mind that often, and if I do change my mind about something Worms-related, I try to at least explain why. I don't see how any of this deserves negativity thrown in my face.

1. sensei, you don't need to change your underwear simply because you wouldn't have anything inside it anyway.
2. The guy has made barely 266 posts compared to your cancerous spamming (1970 posts) and you even dare to talk to him like that? That's the reason why people are leaving TUS. Your arrogance is poisoning this place.

Thread time:
3. I loved playing aerial in past. I was fortunate enough to get 1 Gold from Aerial Tournament. Sadly, there was one arrogant streamer with Russian accent who started making a big deal out of Aerials and completely ruined the fun that I had with this scheme.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 02:25 PM by Zalo »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2018, 02:29 PM »
Hahah. **Pills forgotten!**

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2018, 02:45 PM »
2. The guy has made barely 266 posts compared to your cancerous spamming (1970 posts) and you even dare to talk to him like that?
Based on that logic Husk would be cancer  :o

Offline nino

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2018, 05:21 PM »
Elite  ;D

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2018, 03:47 AM »

1. sensei, you don't need to change your underwear simply because you wouldn't have anything inside it anyway.
2. The guy has made barely 266 posts compared to your cancerous spamming (1970 posts) and you even dare to talk to him like that? That's the reason why people are leaving TUS. Your arrogance is poisoning this place.

Thread time:
3. I loved playing aerial in past. I was fortunate enough to get 1 Gold from Aerial Tournament. Sadly, there was one arrogant streamer with Russian accent who started making a big deal out of Aerials and completely ruined the fun that I had with this scheme.

I've played less than 10 Aerial games ever, but I know that I'm not a huge fan of it. I like Hysteria but for some reason I am not overly fond of Aerial, but I suppose that it could grow on me if I played it more. I am trying to branch out and force myself to play schemes that I rarely play just for balancing and practice. I played a few Elites earlier today and did surprisingly well.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2018, 03:53 AM »
I used to enjoy this game and this community, reading stuff like this makes me glad I escaped.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2018, 05:21 AM »
I used to enjoy this game and this community, reading stuff like this makes me glad I escaped.

You should play the game anyway. If TUS irks you, just ignore the site. I largely ignored this site for many years, as you can see by my post count. All in all, there's only a handful of players who I truly cannot stand. Everyone else is fine, even if people can be dicks sometimes. (Myself included.) Most of the people who I dislike the most don't seem to post here very much anymore from what I can tell. I've tried tons of games and nothing keeps me coming back like W:A. I have tried all of the most popular new games and nothing hooks me. W:A is always fun even if I get burned out on it sometimes and need a break. If a bunch of older players came back and started playing frequently it would be even better.

I've been having a lot of fun these past ~2 months or so. My only real complaint is the lack of old schoolers. There's some promising newer players though but who knows if they will stick around. I think my time zone is the main reason why I don't see too many people.