Forums
March 29, 2024, 10:15 AM

Author Topic: Schemes that you USED TO enjoy?  (Read 3650 times)

Offline Ryan

Re: Schemes that you USED TO enjoy?
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2018, 12:20 AM »
This has gone massively offtopic.

I used to enjoy TTRR. These days I could never have a tense game  :(

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2018, 12:22 AM »
Yeah, sorry, it's completely my fault, it's an interesting topic though, couldn't help myself...

Offline sock

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2018, 04:51 PM »
Yeah, it is hard to have a tense game in TTRR for me now.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2018, 03:41 AM »
What are you guys meaning by "tense game?"

Offline Ryan

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2018, 07:56 AM »
Close game.

Even funner RRs would be tense if all players in the game were near evenly matched.

Though nothing would beat a tense clanner/tourny final.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2018, 08:53 AM »
Gotcha… although I don't understand why some people feel that a game has to be for rank for it to be exciting. As long as I have good competition I feel tension. I think that the added stress from it being a ranked game kind of saps the fun out of the whole experience, but obviously I'm the minority here. :) To each their own.

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2018, 12:03 PM »
Bungee Shopper, Bungee Race, Kaos.

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2018, 01:45 PM »

This, I think I can safely speak for many players when we all agree we miss good Clanner competition the most...

skunk, I agree with you, I enjoy tense funners as well, but it's hard to find people like that.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2018, 07:08 PM »

skunk, I agree with you, I enjoy tense funners as well, but it's hard to find people like that.

It is no more or less hard than finding people to play single/clanner ranked games. *shrug*

Offline Anubis

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2018, 12:10 AM »

This, I think I can safely speak for many players when we all agree we miss good Clanner competition the most...

Clanners will always be the best thing about W:A leagues, too bad it's the easiest scene to lose, singles can survive with little players but clanners really can't. Honestly, FBCL was my favorite time of Worms in hindsight. Great activity, fierce clanner competition and still many new blood pouring in as well as hundreds of oldies to play with. I would relax in warmers and wait for my clan mates to show up and find clanners. I doubt I will find a better gaming experience ever. It was the perfect package for both, competition and funners. Early-mid TUS clanners were also great but I wasn't much around in the beginning due to other games that caught my attention, my personal fav. time will always be FB.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 12:12 AM by Anubis »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2018, 12:17 AM »
To be honest, I think i've enjoyed most eras of WA equally, apart from right now obviously lol.

I think the best times for Clanners were WACL, FB and TUS up until about 1-2 years ago.

I think it's easier to find a funner these days because I only really play Big RR now, to be honest I wish we could hand down our skills to newer players so that people could BnG/Rope as well as I could, and others could pass on Elite skills etc, of course this is a ridiculous unrealistic fantasy lol.

Coming to think of it, I can't even remember when the last League game I ever saw hosted in AG was now...

I used to believe there was something we could do to bring the activity back, I honestly don't know now...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 12:19 AM by TheKomodo »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2018, 03:47 AM »
I wish we could hand down our skills to newer players so that people could BnG/Rope as well as I could

With all due respect, i'd look for roping skills elsewhere.
Let us know when you guys start giving away your knowledge to younger generations. Will be fun day.
This peasant community can't wait for touch of gods....

::)

Haha, sry komo.. just can't resist sometimes. All this time thought it was you, but it's probably me.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 03:50 AM by Sensei »

Online Sbaffo

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2018, 09:19 AM »
I wish we could hand down our skills to newer players so that people could BnG/Rope as well as I could

With all due respect, i'd look for roping skills elsewhere.
Let us know when you guys start giving away your knowledge to younger generations. Will be fun day.
This peasant community can't wait for touch of gods....

::)

Haha, sry komo.. just can't resist sometimes. All this time thought it was you, but it's probably me.

Komo is michael jordan, the others are newer players

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2018, 02:21 PM »
That's cool, let's see you get voted as one of the top 10 roper/warmer players of all time and talked about during the best era of roping amongst people like Jmoberg, marco, Fatal, Saltyk9, Wargod, Oijogja, Ropa, TheSheriff etc. ;)

I've already proven myself and beat many of the top players of all time just as much as they beat me.

I just don't play as much as I used to so obviously not as good as I used to be, notice I said "could", not I am right now ;)

And yes, I think i'm pretty bad right now lol, but I can still teach people and help them to enjoy the game...  I'd love to prove myself again but there isn't really any attraction to...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 02:24 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2018, 04:46 PM »
How come we never see guys like mablak,ryan, salty, sock, masta, dibz.. touching sky with their noses and self-promoting of how skilled they are/were?
Literally, I never seen any of their posts going toward that direction. And we're all familiar with their capabilities.

Ropa came in discord last night and was pretty toxic, but can agree with that guy on one thing: fachades!
Stop talking about yourselves in superlatives even if it's deserved, cause that's not a way to gain/maintain respect. It tend to do complete opposite.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 04:47 PM by Sensei »