Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:37 PM

Poll

Would you buy WA over again if it have 3.8/4.0 update and new name?

Yes, only if the update is big enough to warrant a profitable purchase
7 (63.6%)
No, because I have already paid for it before (Maybe Twice/more)
2 (18.2%)
Only if it can help make WA more active aka more money for Team17
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Should Team17 Reissue Worms Armageddon?  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Kradie

Should Team17 Reissue Worms Armageddon?
« on: January 18, 2020, 08:51 PM »
The coming unscheduled update is very big, and 4.0 is said to be significant bigger. So my question is for you, would you buy WA over again if Team17 releases it again with a massive update and potential a new name to?
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Korydex

Re: Should Team17 Reissue Worms Armageddon?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 09:46 PM »
Won't happen.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 09:55 PM »
Won't happen.

Mister Korydex. Can you please elaborate?

Offline Korydex

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 10:03 PM »
Won't happen.

It's obvious for me thar they are not gonna do that with such old game. Instead they release a bunch of mediocre clones. Even Blizzard isn't making remaster of Diablo II and that game is more popular.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 11:05 PM »
Won't happen.

It's obvious for me thar they are not gonna do that with such old game. Instead they release a bunch of mediocre clones. Even Blizzard isn't making remaster of Diablo II and that game is more popular.
That makes sense to me. However, new update(s) are in the works as we speak. Wouldn't it be more profitable to reissuse the game as a fully blown remastered?

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 01:09 PM »
i'd rather have a proper worms game that is not under t17's copyright

Offline Sensei

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 02:10 PM »
That makes sense to me. However, new update(s) are in the works as we speak.

Its not updates, it's update. Work on 4.0 isn't even started, for all we know. And the one we're waiting for is not even made by team17. We're still waiting update that's been finished for 2 yrs already, probably. And you're talking about some new worms remaster game like it is just behind the corner. Stop living in a bubble and let us enjoy tus silence, rather than 2-3 stupid threads every week.

Offline SiD

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 02:41 PM »
W:A should be ported to HTML5.
Proof of Concept

Offline Kradie

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 02:47 PM »
That makes sense to me. However, new update(s) are in the works as we speak.

Its not updates, it's update. Work on 4.0 isn't even started, for all we know. And the one we're waiting for is not even made by team17. We're still waiting update that's been finished for 2 yrs already, probably. And you're talking about some new worms remaster game like it is just behind the corner. Stop living in a bubble and let us enjoy tus silence, rather than 2-3 stupid threads every week.
You don't have the authority to tell me what I can and can't do. You act like the boss around here, so who is living in a bubble? If you can't scoop up some useful intelligence to partake in some of my threads, then don't bother man.

The sneak peak of 3.8 seems incredible big, and as far as I understand is that both Deadcode and CyberShadow have relations with Team17, how deep it is is anyone's guess. However they are obliged to hold things back due to legal reasons. So again, there's a big update coming, no one knows its release date because there isn't a proper road map laid ahead, and many thought myself included that the update is nigh for release. However it seems that Team17 is blockage for its pending release. But this is a theory because of the lack of intelligence shared with the community, but again this might be for legal reasons.

I am not a business man, but wouldn't it make sense to reissue the game? The update changes the game drastically beyond its former recognition. Lot of people don't have rubberworm too, so don't forget that. Look at Worms World Party ''Remastered'', it was nothing but a bad joke by Team17, WA is far superior than that release. The new 3.8 is beyond WWPR, heck even this so called 4.0 that's been in the work over a decade and half. So wouldn't it be more beneficial to reissue the game? It would be in Team17 interest I think. Maybe best interest for CS  and DC? It could cause some revenue to their end as well for their hard work.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2020, 06:18 PM »
You act like the boss around here

Never did, never will. But nice of you to have such a high opinion about old Sensei.  :-*

But this is a theory because of the lack of intelligence shared with the community

Lack of informations you mean? Intelligence is something else, Kradie.
And yeah, we did get informations about 3.8, but that thread was hyped up so lot of ppl missed part where CS basically said he would have released it long time ago and that he stopped working on it. DC wants it to be perfect update and that's why it's not out yet. At least that's how I read those lines.

Instead of spamming with these threads, just host another zar cup or something.. We liked you more when you were promoting it, believe it or not.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 06:21 PM by Sensei »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2020, 08:04 PM »
You act like the boss around here

Never did, never will. But nice of you to have such a high opinion about old Sensei.  :-*

But this is a theory because of the lack of intelligence shared with the community

Lack of informations you mean? Intelligence is something else, Kradie.
And yeah, we did get informations about 3.8, but that thread was hyped up so lot of ppl missed part where CS basically said he would have released it long time ago and that he stopped working on it. DC wants it to be perfect update and that's why it's not out yet. At least that's how I read those lines.

Instead of spamming with these threads, just host another zar cup or something.. We liked you more when you were promoting it, believe it or not.
Obviously people missed those allegedly lines but perhaps those lines weren't clear enough for people to catch on to that. Better communication is with the community is more favorable than giving the answer deep inside the sneak peak thread or on a discord.  As I said, 3.8 is still being discussed on every corner of Wormnet, it is not easy to avoid someone mentioning it every now and then.  I personally would like a timetable, but it doesn't have to be necessary accurate, because it could apply pressure to DC and that's something I don't want. After all, again as far as I personally know, he is doing it for free?

So my point comes back to this.... This update is huge, it will change the game a lot, so why not reissue it for extra revenue. I am not sure if DC and CS receives any cut from steam sales. But if a re-release of the game happened, more money would enter the pocket of  our good developers.   

I am not spamming anything Sensei. I am trying to stir up some interesting debates now and then. Unfortunately it is of no avail. The usual suspects enter the threads I make and spouts the usual lines like ''Lock this'' ''Running out of ideas?'' and so on. Instead of contributing to the topic. It's not like I am violating forum rules, and if you don't like the topics I make, just ignore them and move on. 

And don't worry, there will be more zar talk later. I wasn't aware I was disliked only to the usual suspects.  ;)

Offline skunk3

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2020, 06:22 AM »
I don't understand the point of reissuing a game that is still being sold in digital form.

As far as the 3.8 update goes, I doubt that it will ever see a release because as CS said, it's been more or less finished for a very long time now. The fact that it has not been released indicates to me that there is some sort of deeper issue, and being completely in the dark about it is annoying. I'd be totally fine with the update never coming out if DC would just straight-up tell us.

I know that a lot of people are Team17 haters and are not fans of the newer Worms titles, but personally what I am hoping for is a new Worms game. WMD has been out for some time now and it could have been a truly awesome game if Team17 had just put a little more time / development into it and also had a closed beta for feedback. It's not a bad game at all; it just needed more polish. It was definitely a step in the right direction though, getting the series back to 2D, 6 players, a ninja rope more like W:A's (but still far off), etc. WMD is the first Worms game since WWP that doesn't feel like it was made for consoles.

Moving forward I'd like to see Team17 release a new game that stays in 2D, has a *proper* chat lobby system from launch, a proper ranking system with multiple ranked schemes AND clan implementation, a ranking system that doesn't reward grinding so much as getting wins vs. good players, increasing maximum player count to 8 and also adding spectator seats, easy streaming integration, vastly more unlocked/unlimited scheme editing potential (we should be able to edit anything and everything we want), get rid of the crafting system and vehicles, keep buildings, bring back water, include all legacy weapons and utilities (except for ones that are too redundant), detailed stat tracking like we had in Clan Wars, bring back 'physics objects', and introduce new gameplay elements like smoke, different surface types (sticky, slippery, etc), improve the ninja rope and make it as close to W:A as possible, introduce objects that continually pump out some sort of 'liquid'  like water, lava, etc. Of course when water and lava come into contact with each other it turns into fresh terrain. I think it'd be cool to have Angry Birds-esque stage elements that can topple over. I'd like to see wooden objects that can catch on fire and will burn completely... and when the smoke is in the way you can't see outside of the smoke. I'd like to see wood and other objects that can float in water. I'd like to see bouncy surfaces like trampolines.. pinball bumpers that kick worms around.. a wormhole item that connects 2 points of the map and lets you travel freely between the two points.. etc etc. I basically want to see a rock solid 2D Worms game that has all of the best elements from the past with highly refined gameplay mechanics and interesting new features that enhance the gameplay.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2020, 04:09 PM »
So you are suggesting an entire new Worms game with all the good things from all past Worms games? A ''Worms All Stars'' so to say. But if you recall the big list of ideas might already be part of 3.8 or at least in the work ''increasing maximum player count to 8 and also adding spectator seats. Improve ninja rope''. But sure, many of the other suggestions might not be feasible to incorporate into WA physic engine.  So ergo a brand new worms tittle is needed. But if we look past those extra physics like lava, floating objects, and water pounds, it might be possible. Therefore reissuing Worms Armageddon can be profitable for Team17 and DC/CS. In the end, it is their customer who have the final say. Their job to give what the public what, not what they think they want.

Yes, I feel too left in the dark regarding the 3.8 update. DC have said he can't express much more than he already have said on these forums. Still, I would prefer a straight up answer than guessing and waiting. Why don't you just ask him?