Forums > General discussion

Should they release Worms Armageddon v3.8 on Dec. 31st. even if it's unfinished?

(1/26) > >>

miketh2005:
As you know, the maintainers set a deadline of the end of the year to release v.3.8. Of course it could have been sooner if the maintainers thought it was ready. Obviously they don't think it's ready, but they will release it anyway, unfinished, December 31st. (Plus however long T17's process takes.)

I'm creating this poll so that they can receive some input from the community before they makes this decision.

I will be voting "no" and here is my explanation for why I will be voting this way:

Deadcode has reasons for why v3.8 hasn't been released yet. To throw these reasons away in order to comply with some arbitrary deadline will hurt Worms Armageddon according to Deadcode's own logic. Here are his reasons:

--- Quote from: Deadcode on October 10, 2017, 03:42 AM ---

--- Quote from: skunk3 on October 10, 2017, 12:17 AM ---if "almost everyone" agrees that it should have been released long ago (and therefore, presumably finished) then why hasn't it been released yet?
--- End quote ---

I'm sorry, I can't be specific. Basically, I feel it would hurt the long-term future of the game to release it at this point, with certain features unfinished. But whether or not I manage to finish these things, you will be getting a release by the end of the year.

After releasing 3.8, I want to go back to a much more frequent release schedule, like it used to be before 3.6.28.0.

--- End quote ---

Again, this argument doesn't follow. It'd be like Elon Musk saying he can't release the new Tesla because he believes people will die due to mechanical issues they still need to work on, but he will release it anyway on [Arbitrary Date Goes Here], even if these issues are not worked out.

People's lives should take precedence!

In the same way, if Deadcode believes W:A will be hurt by releasing 3.8 unfinished, then why release it anyway? (And if it will not be hurt, why wasn't it released sooner?)

I think it should be released as soon as the maintainers are confident W:A will not be hurt by the release; no sooner or later, and not by some arbitrary deadline.

We've already waited this long; if I am to choose between hurting the game I love and getting a new update now vs. waiting longer and giving this game the best chance at success, I will choose the latter.

We might be able to make a more informed decision if we knew the specifics, but since that's not possible, I, for one, trust Deadcode and his reasoning above, as he knows the situation.

It seems like the maintainers feel like the community is forcing them to keep a promise they made. I don't think we would want that if if means hurting the game in the long run, but with this poll we can find out.

GeneralEcchi:
Aren't that's what most of game company doing these days ? Releasing unfinished garbage fire ?

XanKriegor:
I agree with GeneralItchy, let at least one game be different  :D

Urben:
I found out by accident that the next version is coming soon. I assumed to wait another few years for an update so I am happy with everything that is closer than that.

Sensei:
Too many fresh members make threads and seem more interested in game and incoming update than any of old TUS thugs. But then again, why would anyone make aliases and talk about that?

Quite intriguing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version