Forums > General discussion

Should they release Worms Armageddon v3.8 on Dec. 31st. even if it's unfinished?

<< < (13/26) > >>

j0e:

--- Quote from: Crowe on March 18, 2018, 08:31 PM ---Haha, I'm so curious about this update. It's been five years since the last one, and recently I started playing with some old friends. Wish the game didn't appear on Steam, cos T17 seems to take their time reviewing the update or whatever...

--- End quote ---
It's a great game without the update. There's tons of features and nothing is broken, except sometimes it needs some tweaking to work on Windows 10. No reason not to list it on Steam.

@CyberShadow - Is there any chance of unofficially releasing the update early for non-Steam users? I assume it's backwards compatible with the current version. You could label it as an alpha build and post it on worms2d.info along with a disclaimer. You guys said you want to do more frequent updates, and this would be a natural way to do it, as long as Team17 didn't file a lawsuit. With casual tiny "nightly" builds you won't feel pressure to include every last thing before releasing or seeking release approval, which I gather is a somewhat major obstacle. Is there a contractual requirement that the private alpha testing group has to be private?

Sensei:

--- Quote from: j0e on March 19, 2018, 02:57 AM --- There's tons of features and nothing is broken, except sometimes it needs some tweaking to work on Windows 10.

--- End quote ---

Agree with you gameplay wise. Except realtime worms, there's nothing much left to add.
Tho these tweaks for win 10 are pain in the ass, not even minor problems. For example, my game won't load if not compatible with Win XP (which makes rope a bit strange than it was before).

Also, on 3.7.2.1. windowed module is causing vsync anomalies and framedrops. These things are about to get fixed in 3.8, if rumours are true.

Pretty big and meaningful update imo. Too bad everyone's gone.

j0e:

--- Quote ---Pretty big and meaningful update imo. Too bad everyone's gone.

--- End quote ---
There's lots of talented players left. Lots more will come back when the update is released.

lacoste:

--- Quote from: j0e on March 19, 2018, 05:20 PM ---There's lots of talented players left. Lots more will come back when the update is released.

--- End quote ---

How do you actually know that? And what do you expect from this update other than some (obviously important but still) compatibility improvements and barely noticable bugfixes? I'm not saying this is all the patch has to offer but maybe you are painting way too much in your imagination. If (lots of) old players wanted to suddenly come back, they would be back; an update is cool and all but these people played that game in current and past state for years without complains then stopped playing because of personal reasons, lack of updates is the last thing that holds them off.

So what do you think this update will notably change in W:A or add to the game?  I'm curious.

Crowe:

--- Quote from: j0e on March 19, 2018, 02:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: Crowe on March 18, 2018, 08:31 PM ---Haha, I'm so curious about this update. It's been five years since the last one, and recently I started playing with some old friends. Wish the game didn't appear on Steam, cos T17 seems to take their time reviewing the update or whatever...

--- End quote ---
It's a great game without the update. There's tons of features and nothing is broken, except sometimes it needs some tweaking to work on Windows 10. No reason not to list it on Steam.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, indeed the game is great as it is right now, but I'm saying that before Steam, updates got released immediately. And now they have to go through T17, until approval :/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version