Forums
March 28, 2024, 07:51 PM

Poll

Should they release Worms Armageddon v3.8 on Dec. 31st. even if it's unfinished?

Yes. ("even if it hurts the game" or "I don't believe Deadcode, it won't hurt the game to release it now")
16 (38.1%)
No. ("release it when the maintainers believe it won't hurt the game" or "release it at a future date when I don't believe it will hurt the game")
26 (61.9%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: February 27, 2018, 01:49 AM

Author Topic: Should they release Worms Armageddon v3.8 on Dec. 31st. even if it's unfinished?  (Read 21014 times)

Offline The Extremist

Just happened upon this:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-05-08-team17-confirms-230-million-flotation-plans

Basically, Team17 is preparing to sell stock, which should give them more capital, and therefore more hiring power, bigger budgets, and a chance to grow. I wonder if the update is being held back until after the smoke clears?

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
Any news?

Offline The Extremist

Any news?

Not on the Worms front, but Team17 is now officially on the stock market.

https://www.google.com/search?q=LON:TM17&e=4112296&tbm=fin&biw=1280&bih=797

As a result, the company is now valued at £217 million, with their gross profit from the offering being £107.5 million. Founder/CEO Debbie Bestwick intends to cash in £50 million of her personal £100 million stake.

https://www.prolificnorth.co.uk/news/digital/2018/05/wakefields-team17-raises-%C2%A3217m-stock-market-float

Offline h3oCharles

I feel like someone from TUS should buy at least a tenth of these stocks. Perhaps fund DC/CS's work with them?

Offline Ytrojan

Any news?

Not on the Worms front, but Team17 is now officially on the stock market.

https://www.google.com/search?q=LON:TM17&e=4112296&tbm=fin&biw=1280&bih=797

As a result, the company is now valued at £217 million, with their gross profit from the offering being £107.5 million. Founder/CEO Debbie Bestwick intends to cash in £50 million of her personal £100 million stake.

https://www.prolificnorth.co.uk/news/digital/2018/05/wakefields-team17-raises-%C2%A3217m-stock-market-float
Seriously, I see 3.8's release increasing Team17's stock, so that should convince you if returning old-timers won't.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Husk

we havn't even explored all the possibilities our current update has to offer... yet everyone is so much in hurry to get the new update lol

Offline Ytrojan

we havn't even explored all the possibilities our current update has to offer... yet everyone is so much in hurry to get the new update lol
There's always an option to keep the old update, like I do with 3.6.31, because of Project X, which should really be updated.

Maybe in 3.8, we could see a successor to PX, even if it's primitive.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline XanKriegor

Why would it increase their stock?

Offline h3oCharles

Why would it increase their stock?
because people will come back to play WA, which means buying it.

unless they are pirates. YARR ARR FIDDLEEE DEEE
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 11:51 PM by TheMadCharles »

Offline XanKriegor

Ah yes, i forgot that games are not  for free  :D :D :D

Offline TheWalrus

Seriously, I see 3.8's release increasing Team17's stock
Excuse me for a moment

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
@Cybershadow and Deadcode - Would there be any legal (or other) issue in posting unofficial alpha builds on the worms2d.info site? The time Team 17 is taking to vet the update is not reasonable, especially since you've stated you wish to release updates more frequently. I think they feel threatened because W:A outshines all their new games, and wish it never existed. However threatened I can't imagine them taking you to court over a 20 year old game, even if you straight up leaked their source code. Both of you live far outside UK jurisdiction. What judge would take them seriously anyway?

The only reason I visit this site anymore is for news about the update. I think we have, out of respect, been overly shy in probing for news, and this has come across to you as a lack of interest. I care about this update (and this game) a lot and I'm sure tons of other players do too even if they don't speak English well enough to say so. You both should know how much I appreciate your devotion but I don't feel like rehashing all that again during this dry spell. It kills me that months go by and you don't say anything..
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 12:56 AM by j0e »

Offline Anubis

Seriously, I see 3.8's release increasing Team17's stock
Excuse me for a moment

Innocent youth is glorious. xD

Offline h3oCharles

@Cybershadow and Deadcode - Would there be any legal (or other) issue in posting unofficial alpha builds on the worms2d.info site? The time Team 17 is taking to vet the update is not reasonable, especially since you've stated you wish to release updates more frequently. I think they feel threatened because W:A outshines all their new games, and wish it never existed. However threatened I can't imagine them taking you to court over a 20 year old game, even if you straight up leaked their source code. Both of you live far outside UK jurisdiction. What judge would take them seriously anyway?
Sue them? Why and for what advantage? Tbh at this point, T17 dug themselves a grave

Also +1

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

6 years already and people still hurry up the patch developers of WA! Come on now, take a rest with Sonic Mania or Epic Battle Fantasy 3/4/5. Kupo delivers a new game for you to play and you ignore him (pretty much like you ignored me, I had the same story).
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.
My reaction to 3.8: STATUS CANNOT BE REMOVED!