Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:18 PM

Poll

Should they release Worms Armageddon v3.8 on Dec. 31st. even if it's unfinished?

Yes. ("even if it hurts the game" or "I don't believe Deadcode, it won't hurt the game to release it now")
16 (38.1%)
No. ("release it when the maintainers believe it won't hurt the game" or "release it at a future date when I don't believe it will hurt the game")
26 (61.9%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: February 27, 2018, 01:49 AM

Author Topic: Should they release Worms Armageddon v3.8 on Dec. 31st. even if it's unfinished?  (Read 21008 times)

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
Someone from Team17 actually did something?! This must be an April fools joke. Any progress is good though so I'm happy about this. Thanks for the update StepS.

Just to clarify some things:
  • This 3.7.2.2 update was not developed by Deadcode/CyberShadow. The single change was made by Charles Blessing (same as when 3.6.31.2b was suddenly released back in September 2012). There was no cooperation between DC/CS and Team17 on this release.
  • This is not the same 3.7.2.2 update as the one that DC/CS internally developed a while ago.
  • This is not the 3.8.0 update. It doesn't include all of 3.8.0's fixes, new features and other changes.
  • The 3.8.0 update is awaiting some changes before it can be submitted to Team17 for release. This should hopefully happen as soon as possible.

Offline WTF-8

Any progress is good though
you suuuuure about that?

Seems like it broke wkKawooshKick and wkRubberWorm
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline mk

The 3.8.0 update is awaiting some changes before it can be submitted to Team17 for release. This should hopefully happen as soon as possible.
So we've come from "no later than 2017, ready or not" to some unspecified point in time that "should" "hopefully" happen "soon"? Got it, thanks for the clarification.

Offline Asbest

what about rubberworm and kawoosh kick? errors pop up
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 06:48 PM by Asbest »

Offline Kradie

That's because both kawoosh kick and rubberworm modules are developed independently by other developers, and has nothing to do with Worms Armageddon's updates.
So all of the present module that are available now, are likely to be incompatible with WA, and will have to be updated to the current and future version of WA by their respective developers.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
Hopefully 3.8 will be out soon enough so they don't all have to do it twice

That's because both kawoosh kick and rubberworm modules are developed independently by other developers, and has nothing to do with Worms Armageddon's updates.
So all of the present module that are available now, are likely to be incompatible with WA, and will have to be updated to the current and future version of WA by their respective developers.

Offline Thewolensheep

• The MEGA retard.

• United States United States
  • A f@$!%$! loser.
    • View Profile
Not just RubberWorm and KawooshKick its ALL modules that were in 3.7.2.1
Creates soundbanks and other s!@t.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
Just curious - did this update fix any problems people were actually experiencing?

Offline Sensei

Just curious - did this update fix any problems people were actually experiencing?

I'm still avoiding update but could let it and test.
Since one of Win10 updates almost year ago, been forced to play WA using compatibility with XP. Don't know anyone with same problem.
Also curious did they fixed it or 3.7.2.2. will be marked down as biggest failure in recent Team17 history.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
Any progress / news / rumours?

Offline The Extremist

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

Who needs the 3.7.2.2 patch, if it is such a minority TBH? It only enhances Win10 compatiablity with Worms Armageddon, but does nothing else, like PX ports or new mechanics.
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.
My reaction to 3.8: STATUS CANNOT BE REMOVED!

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
Who needs the 3.7.2.2 patch, if it is such a minority TBH? It only enhances Win10 compatiablity with Worms Armageddon, but does nothing else, like PX ports or new mechanics.
3.8 is being made by different people. It will be better.

Offline Stressfish

I have lost hope. I don't think 3.8 will ever be released.

Offline Ytrojan

I have lost hope. I don't think 3.8 will ever be released.
I haven't, but it'll be a while. If this struggle keeps going, Half Life 3 will be announced well before Worms Armageddon 3.8 gets released
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!