Forums
April 19, 2024, 09:01 PM

Author Topic: Some questions about Worms Armageddon (PSX)  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Ice Garmendia

Some questions about Worms Armageddon (PSX)
« on: October 21, 2022, 04:13 PM »
Hi everybody! I'm Ice Garmendia, from Belgium, and I'm a big fan of Worms Armageddon for PlayStation. I discovered it back in 2003 and, since then, it became some kind of addiction. Nowadays I've got a PlayStation 2 and a PlayStation 3, but I play games of every system, especially with this beautiful invention called PKG.

What I really like to play on WA is the ''Combat to Death'' mode. I really love the challenge of become ''weaker'' and face bigger challenges from match to match. Some months ago I got into the highest level on the Ranking, ''Elite''. Now I play on this stage once or twice a month, and I donĀ“t find that hard to get the victory. I've been fighting 10 enemies with just 2 soldiers, and my strategy for victory is this - try to shoot two times with my two worms, then hide them on the highest point of the scenario and wait for sudden death. It works on 8 of 10 matches, so I keep on using this strategy.

My question is - how much do I have to wait to fight more than 10 enemies? In the last two months I played about 6 battles, and I always face 10 enemies. I think that, as an Elite ranker, you can fight up to 15 enemies with just 2 soldiers. Is that true? If so, how long does it take to get to that point?

If anyone here could answer, I'd be very thankful.

:-[

Offline Korydex

Re: Some questions about Worms Armageddon (PSX)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 04:59 PM »
Elite is the the highest difficulty in the game, if you reached that difficulty it won't change

Online Lupastic

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2022, 05:23 PM »
let's give this boy a real challenge - if he really wants one, since he's here :D if he got bored of beating the elite rank in singleplayer, maybe we should schedule a match for him with:

tita, bo5 intermediate?
chuvash, bo3 elite?
blitzed, TTRR?
Deadcode, bo3 team17?
Hurz, bo5 Kaos?

:-[

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2022, 05:31 AM »
Hello Ice Garmendia,

Welcome to TUS. We're almost all PC players. Have you considered moving to PC? You'll find much more there.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ice Garmendia

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2022, 04:15 AM »
Thanks for the answers. So, do you fight more than 10 enemies on the Elite Level?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2022, 08:01 AM »
We usually play with each other. There are tons of other game modes than death match elite.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.