Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:28 PM

Author Topic: Sorry I've been away  (Read 2572 times)

Offline skunk3

Sorry I've been away
« on: December 03, 2018, 05:46 AM »
I know most people don't care but I've been away from W:A for a while now due to medical issues.

I don't want to get into the exact details but suffice it to say that I have been very sick for a while now. I have some complications going on with Crohn's disease / Ulcerative Colitis and I haven't had much time to play. My stomach constantly feels like I have someone stabbing me with a knife, and on good days I am on the toilet for hours and hours.

I am not quite sure what happened... I think it is an underlying issue that I've had for quite some time but it never got serious until recently. A few months ago I went to the hospital for a week because I couldn't have a bowel movement and since then it has been one issue after the next. I've been in and out of the hospital since so in case anyone has wondered where I've been, there's your answer. I'm rarely on WormNET and when I am. I am in a lot of pain and can't play like my normal self. I just wanted to let people know because right now I'm waiting on biopsy results and I'm hoping that I don't have cancer.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 05:49 AM by skunk3 »

Online TheWalrus

Re: Sorry I've been away
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 07:07 AM »
Hope everything goes well Vince, here's to hoping you are back in good health soon :)

Offline Sensei

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 07:59 AM »
I did actually invite you to join us on voice and rope not so long ago.
Recover and get back in wormnet, no more time to waste! ;)
Best wishes man.

Offline nino

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 12:27 PM »
you got skunked m8 thats why ur health is so weak,! change ur nickname asap!

nah serious! take care ae! get 100% soon m8.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 01:33 PM »
you got skunked m8 thats why ur health is so weak,! change ur nickname asap!

Lol  ;D

Sorry to hear that skunk, it's not nice to hear anyone suffer for any reason and this sounds very unpleasant/painful...

Sincerely hope they can treat it and you recover as soon as possible.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 08:27 PM »
all the best skunk. My partners mum has Crohns'. There is light at the end of the tunnel, don't worry! Rest well and some drastic changes to diet can help but get the medical attention you require now.

Offline Asbest

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 10:05 PM »
All the best skunk, get well.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 10:39 AM »
Thanks guys. Some days are horrible. I'm slowly learning which foods I can and cannot consume. It gets REALLY tiresome shitting blood too.

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 01:47 PM »
Get well soon, hope you don't get the Cancer.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 04:04 PM »
get well bro, propably u got skunked, tell doctors they will know what to do

Offline HHC

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 10:25 PM »
missed the thread

Wish you good health skunk, Crohn's a real bitch  :(

Let us now how the biops turns out  ???

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2018, 09:48 AM »
Thanks guys. Some days are horrible. I'm slowly learning which foods I can and cannot consume. It gets REALLY tiresome shitting blood too.

my partners mum can't eat things like popcorn, sweetcorn, nothing with skin (tomatoes skins), nuts etc. You'll work out what you can and can't eat should slowly start to recover. All the best

Offline skunk3

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2019, 05:32 AM »

my partners mum can't eat things like popcorn, sweetcorn, nothing with skin (tomatoes skins), nuts etc. You'll work out what you can and can't eat should slowly start to recover. All the best

Yeah, I've been doing an elimination diet and I've found there's lots of stuff that I can't eat. ANY kind of corn is a definite no. Some seeds are a no, but sesame seeds don't seem to bother me. Most nuts are a no, but walnuts I seem to be okay with. For some reason I cannot tolerate spinach at all, which sucks because I love it. Within 10 minutes after eating spinach my ass erupts like a geyser and it comes out looking like it did going in. These past few months I've been extremely careful with what I eat and how much I eat at any given time... so basically eating has been boring and I don't get as much joy out of it as I used to but I just try to think about it as a simple process of fueling up rather than something to luxuriate in. The past few weeks I've been in remission so I've felt good compared to months past. Unfortunately all of the issues gave me a hemorrhoid lol... now I feel like I'm shittin' a razor blade out every time. TMI :P

Offline Rogi

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2019, 09:28 AM »
Holy shit!
i wish u new stomach dude! Just tell me, what the shit could begin this issue? Maybe you really mock your body dude?
now I feel like I'm shittin' a razor blade out every time
Topic of pain, omfg.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Online Triad

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2019, 10:48 AM »
I hope it will get better mate, take care of yourself.