Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:45 PM

Author Topic: Sorry I've been away  (Read 2579 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: Sorry I've been away
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 03:17 PM »
Thanks guys. Some days are horrible. I'm slowly learning which foods I can and cannot consume. It gets REALLY tiresome shitting blood too.

my partners mum can't eat things like popcorn, sweetcorn, nothing with skin (tomatoes skins), nuts etc. You'll work out what you can and can't eat should slowly start to recover. All the best

Yeah, I've been doing an elimination diet and I've found there's lots of stuff that I can't eat. ANY kind of corn is a definite no. Some seeds are a no, but sesame seeds don't seem to bother me. Most nuts are a no, but walnuts I seem to be okay with. For some reason I cannot tolerate spinach at all, which sucks because I love it. Within 10 minutes after eating spinach my ass erupts like a geyser and it comes out looking like it did going in. These past few months I've been extremely careful with what I eat and how much I eat at any given time... so basically eating has been boring and I don't get as much joy out of it as I used to but I just try to think about it as a simple process of fueling up rather than something to luxuriate in. The past few weeks I've been in remission so I've felt good compared to months past. Unfortunately all of the issues gave me a hemorrhoid lol... now I feel like I'm shittin' a razor blade out every time. TMI :P

Hey buddy, I have stomach issues myself and I found out that rice will give me the most trouble which I ate religiously in the past years. It's funny I always thought I might have something real dangerous because the pain it would sometimes give me was pretty bad and sometimes I would need to go to the toilet 2-3 times a day which would sometimes result in some blood on the toilet paper and then it cycles further and messes with your head that you might have cancer or something. In the end it was just a bad eating habit and nothing was wrong at all. I just don't handle rice all to well lol. Lifes been good since then (1 year ago). :D

Offline nino

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 01:37 PM »

sometimes result in some blood on the toilet paper and then it cycles further and messes with your head that you might have cancer or something.

haha i know whats ur problem!!! but wont tell here!
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 01:03 AM »
Rice doesn't bother me at all. One thing I've learned is that for Crohn's what triggers issues for people is different for everybody, although there are some foods that are nearly universally problematic. Rice is actually very gentle on my stomach. Another 'funny' thing that I learned is that, generally speaking, 'healthy' foods hurt me far more than junk food. Whole grain breads are definitely not an option for me, as well as anything packed with fiber. Basically anything that isn't easily digestible should be avoided. I also have been staying away from alcohol and fatty foods. The biopsy didn't reveal any cancer but I do have some polyps that can become problematic in the future. I also have some scarring and overall damage to my GI tract. The weirdest thing about Crohn's is the other effects that come from it, like joint pain, etc. I already have joint issues due to thyroid disease and genetics as well as past injuries. Some days I feel okay and other days I feel like I'm 70 years old. Getting older sucks! For now I'm just going to focus on continuing to lose weight to ease pressure on my body as much as possible. I've had issues with my weight for many years and I think that it had a lot to do with undiagnosed thyroid issues. I'm 6' tall and at my biggest I weighed around 330 lbs. There was a couple of times where I cut out drinking and shitty foods and started to exercise regularly and I lost tons of weight, but as soon as I stopped being disciplined, the weight came back. For me it's EXTREMELY easy to gain weight because my metabolism is shit. Back in 2008 I lost a ton of weight and got in pretty good shape, but by early 2010 I was fat again because I stopped exercising and drank tons of beer. I have been losing lots of weight the last several months due to not drinking and making sure to exercise daily but I wouldn't say I'm in 'good' shape. Right now I'm around 235 lbs which is actually fairly light for me, but I'd ideally like to hit about 205. All I have to do is just work out more but I'm a lazy bastard lol. My strength is good but my cardio sucks. I need to quit smoking.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 01:05 AM by skunk3 »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2019, 11:27 AM »
I quit smoking and alcohol like 10 years ago by now, pretty happy I was able to stop that shit early on when you still have an easier time (imo). My brother quit smoking with 35 and it was way harder for him compared to me. I just dropped it and after 1 week I was over it.

Ah btw regarding healthy food: Yeah your body is not used to massive amount of fiber and whole grain, it takes some time. You have to start slowly and add fiber here and there if your diet has almost no fiber in it prior to switching. I suggest whole spelt flour products, it's easier to digest but not sure if you can get that in the USA.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 11:37 AM by Anubis »

Offline nino

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2019, 12:37 PM »
haha Anubis, made me remember of when u asked me to send u a pack of cigarrets from brazil for you!

Still wants? You will come back smoke in a big style hauhauha j/k
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2019, 01:18 PM »
haha Anubis, made me remember of when u asked me to send u a pack of cigarrets from brazil for you!

Still wants? You will come back smoke in a big style hauhauha j/k

HuheuEUeHueHueheuehueh! xD

Offline l7cx1Cl

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2019, 07:48 PM »
Dang that sucks.  Have u tried CBD?

Offline skunk3

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2019, 08:52 PM »
Dang that sucks.  Have u tried CBD?

I use CBD sometimes but it doesn't help all that much. It's much better at dealing with joint pain than Crohn's issues.

Offline l7cx1Cl

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2019, 03:53 AM »
I will ask my friends friend that makes and sells it for u.  it has some magical healing powers. but u need the right kind