Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:46 PM

Author Topic: Streaming so far - Thanks!  (Read 1289 times)

Offline TheKaren

Streaming so far - Thanks!
« on: August 30, 2017, 01:37 AM »
So some of you might have noticed i've been streaming the last few Hysteria tournaments and so far they've turned out great! (LINKS AT BOTTOM FOR YESTERDAYS TOURNAMENT)

I was honestly a bit worried on how people would respond to my accent, goofy sense of humour and over the top way of explaining things but apparently i'm doing a pretty good job keeping the audience entertained :D

Also, thanks to some needed criticism from KRD, sensei, strgrn and a few others, my stream quality is improving each time, during yesterdays stream the 1st hour or so my voice seemed to be a bit quiet, so turned up the mic from 80% to 100% and turned down the volume of the game slightly and KRD said it was balanced better, so thanks for that :)

It's really great to see so many of you getting involved now whether it's taking part in games, watching via twitch and commenting saying hello to your mates n stuff, I believe this is the start of a much needed kick up the communities butt!

It's only been like 1 week since i've started streaming properly(started with 0 followers) and was surprised to see 11 people watching the final at one point and half a dozen or so people talking in the stream :) That's actually awesome!!!

Already got 8 followers from a few streams, it's cool to know even 2 or 3 people are watching :D

I hope to get more involved and watch this community grow :)

I noticed when I had music playing my voice was quiet mostly as I was talking away from mic, so need to fix that.

So i've turned on the archive option on Twitch so you can watch my previous videos, tonight consisted of 2 videos as I had to stop the stream for a moment, if you want to watch it :)

Links and timelines for 1v1 Hysteria Tournament 29th August 2017.

Link to part 1 - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/170709192

Link to part 2 - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/170746245

Timeline for part 1:

00:00 - 11:03 / Dutchies Vs Throsti / Funner

11:26  - 42:29 / Dutchies Vs Throsti Vs Korydex / Funner

45:01 - 56:57 / Throsti Vs Korydex / TUS Singles 2x Hysteria

57:00 - 1:33:30 / Tournament signups

1:35:00 - 2:00:28 / 1st Round - Throsti Vs Frutiloops

2:01:00 - 2:14:50 / 1st Round - Korydex Vs Aladdin

2:15:10 - 2:17:37 / Me introducing Semi Finals and talking about "White Tiger", a Russian war movie

2:19:00 - 2:27:30 / Semi Final - Korydex Vs XanKriegor

2:27:30 - End / Some music, waiting, end of 1st video

Timeline for Part 2:

00:00 - End / Final of Tournament - Korydex Vs Rogi

P.S. - My favourite game was Korydex Vs XanKriegor, and i'm voting Xan for best zooks of the Tournament :D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 01:51 AM by TheKomodo »

Re: Streaming so far - Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 05:29 AM »
Fair warning, if you don't make a video a highlight, it will be removed after a while.

Good to see a good response so far :)

Offline Korydex

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 08:45 AM »
Thank you! Btw streaming some other schemes would be nice, because I think it's prolly not very fun to watch plunking own worms all the time :-[

Offline Senator

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 09:46 AM »
Turn on the best background graphics (clouds and everything) so it looks nicer :P

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 09:53 AM »
Disable background to make your videos more compact  ;D

Offline Triad

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 11:34 AM »
You can create a YouTube channel where you upload highlights of a stream.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 12:03 PM »
Disable background to make your videos more compact  ;D

that + transparent black water and you can see the entire map

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 02:57 PM »
Thank you! Btw streaming some other schemes would be nice, because I think it's prolly not very fun to watch plunking own worms all the time :-[

Well, to be honest Hysteria is currently my favourite scheme alongside Elite.

I am going to try and do 1-2 Hysteria tournaments a week, cuz they are so much fun! And having it streamed regulary is something people enjoy being part of I guess.

When people see your great shots(and funny fails lol), it's cool :D

So one person says, use full background, another says use empty background lol, I guess we need a poll??

I have a YouTube channel, I tried "exporting" the highlight I made to YouTube but I just kept getting an error thing... So that doesn't work?

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 03:26 PM »
No poll, try both and make a conclusion.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 05:42 PM »
So one person says, use full background, another says use empty background lol, I guess we need a poll??

If anyone aside watches the stream - he/she will not fall for graphics obviously :)
Better to use png maps that will remove background soil and play on empty background too.

Fk invisible pxls.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 05:54 PM »
Yes, our BnG Mirror pack is made w/o soil. Enjoy.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 07:32 PM »
Well, it's important for me personally to use the background I do for default schemes, some of you may realize already, some of you may not.

Remember scanlines on old retro games? The background I use has sort of horizontal background scanlines, it looks like this:

-------------------------------------------------------------

When playing BnG/Hysteria/Elite those are very important, using those to judge the height difference between worms and measure the aim/power of shots more accurately, this is also another reason I am able to call shots before they hit even when i'm not playing.

So yeah, i'm probably going to stick with the way I view default schemes, when it's rope schemes it will be empty or full depending what people want.

Offline goom

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2017, 02:32 AM »
stream looks good so far. glad to see worms is picking up on twitch, that's 3 worms-oriented channels now:

i will assemble a twitch community group within next few days, that will encourage growth and may lead others to join in on the broadcasting.

i highly recommend enabling 'automatically record while streaming'
you can choose to record locally at higher quality than stream (1080@60 causes frame drops, i downscale to 720 for the stream - original video is full resolution). plus if stream/twitch dies or internet cuts out, you'll still have a copy of video+commentary to upload to twitch VOD/YT or highlight shots.

personally, i keep the background off when i'm streaming - on (basic without cloud/particles) would look a little nicer but dislike the extra water layer it adds.

oh and when doing group voicechats, make sure to watch your own stream to check the sound balance - i once played an entire game not realizing my OBS mic was muted, they could only hear the other person! ::)

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2017, 03:04 AM »
Great idea for the community.

Personally, I don't like recording locally, already mentioned why on discord lol.

I will only record locally with very important games, deal with them immediately and transfer them off my hard drive.

We still have the WA replay files, it's easy enough to rip the audio from the VOD and slap it over the replays if you ever did accidentally miss anything important.

So I have the laptop that streams, I wear the headset with 1 ear off, the other ear I have smaller headphones plugged into my phone, watching the stream just to monitor levels etc, i'll pick it up now and again and check on it, on my PC I can handle everything else such as Twitch chatroom, managing the tournament and watching American Dad :D

I've decided to use the full background, it looks great for default schemes! Will stick to empty background for rope schemes though.

Offline goom

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2017, 03:29 AM »
(mentioned this to Komo in Discord, but posting again for others' sake)

We still have the WA replay files, it's easy enough to rip the audio from the VOD and slap it over the replays if you ever did accidentally miss anything important.

definitely, the audio has much more worth considering we have WAgame's at our disposal. youtube-download utility makes it easy to grab audio from a stream directly without the large file hassle of video.

[1] check available formats for given url: youtube-dl -F [url]
[2] select format and download: youtube-dl -f [format] [url]

Code: [Select]
youtube-dl -F https://www.twitch.tv/videos/171056300
[twitch:vod] 171056300: Downloading vod info JSON
[twitch:vod] 171056300: Downloading vod access token
[twitch:vod] 171056300: Downloading m3u8 information
[info] Available formats for v171056300:
format code  extension  resolution note
Audio_Only   mp4        audio only    0k , mp4a.40.2
Source       mp4        1920x1080     0k , avc1.64002A, mp4a.40.2 (best)

for this instance use 'Audio_Only' format (case sensitive)
youtube-dl -f Audio_Only https://www.twitch.tv/videos/171056300
you may be provided a lot more options depending on the service, youtube for example:
youtube-dl -F https://www.twitch.tv/videos/170088413
[twitch:vod] 170088413: Downloading vod info JSON
[twitch:vod] 170088413: Downloading vod access token
[twitch:vod] 170088413: Downloading m3u8 information
[info] Available formats for v170088413:
format code  extension  resolution note
Audio_Only   mp4        audio only  205k , mp4a.40.2
160p30       mp4        284x160     256k , avc1.4D400C, mp4a.40.2
360p30       mp4        640x360     650k , avc1.4D401E, mp4a.40.2
480p30       mp4        852x480    1379k , avc1.4D401E, mp4a.40.2
720p30       mp4        1280x720   2228k , avc1.4D401F, mp4a.40.2
720p60       mp4        1280x720   3061k , avc1.4D401F, mp4a.40.2
Source       mp4        1280x720   2853k , avc1.640020, mp4a.40.2 (best)

happy archivng ;)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 03:31 AM by goom »