Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:47 PM

Author Topic: Suggestion: Mapshot for replays  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Corujão

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan

• Man is born good, worms corrupt him - Shakespeare
    • View Profile
    • Corujao Snooper
Suggestion: Mapshot for replays
« on: February 01, 2022, 09:31 PM »
It would be nice to have a command, module or keyboard shortcut to instantly save the current state of the map.
The /map command only does this during gameplay, but it doesn't work in replays (except with the private version of TA)

Because I'd like to be able to reproduce some moves on destroyed maps I've played

Although I assume this suggestion will have low feedback unfortunately, but I insist on posting it

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: Mapshot for replays
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 06:56 AM »
Good idea corujao! Would be nice have a tool like this.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 10:16 PM »
Talking with Corujão, we realized there's a command for what he wanted since v3.8. Just press Alt + Pause during the replay and the map will be saved as PNG playable map from the moment you captured the screen (with the craters and destruction of the game).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 10:18 PM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Sensei

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 10:33 PM »
Isn't there also a command to type in ingame chat.. Like "/map" or something?
So when someone desyncs, you just save the map how it looked that moment and rehost a game.

Wonderful feature for BnG games.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 03:17 AM »
The /map command only does this during gameplay, but it doesn't work in replays (except with the private version of TA)

He was aware of /map, but it doesn't work during replays. He tested Alt + Pause now and it works in replays. But I didn't realize that /map command was so useful, thanks.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Corujão

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan

• Man is born good, worms corrupt him - Shakespeare
    • View Profile
    • Corujao Snooper
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 03:32 AM »
Yes, capturing the map can be useful to test some movement or specific shot under certain pixels where the map is. I think many players don't know this or just forget to use it.

Using /map command during game play or Alt Pause Break in replays, the map will be saved in Worms Armageddon\User\SavedLevels\Capture

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2022, 10:27 AM »
Can you guys repeat this same thing 10 more times pls?
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2022, 10:46 AM »
When you're in game, you can type /map in the game chat. When you're watching a replay, alt + pause/break will do the same thing. Hope this helps ^^
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2022, 11:21 AM »
Hahaha...WTF8!! Years of inactivity, but comes back right where he stopped - being grumpy on forums. 
Good life!

Offline StepS

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2022, 12:53 PM »
It's very simple, you just need to press Alt+Pause, that would be the equivalent of /map when watching a replay (but it works in-game too).
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]