Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:48 PM

Author Topic: Summer ESA Tournament Room: Worms Armageddon Tournament  (Read 1165 times)

Offline MrTPenguin

Summer ESA Tournament Room: Worms Armageddon Tournament
« on: November 28, 2019, 09:52 PM »
I found this earlier. Does anyone know anything about it?

Offline SiD

Re: Summer ESA Tournament Room: Worms Armageddon Tournament
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 11:11 PM »
That fistbump denial at 25:13  :D

nice find.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 01:27 AM »
Ah, the European Speedrunning Assembly, that's an awesome event when they do their speedrun marathons on Twitch.

Have no idea what this was though lol.

Offline MrTPenguin

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 12:27 PM »
I thought I recognised ESA, but I've realised I was thinking of ESL, who did a televised Elite tournament several years ago. I suspect this 4-worm normal mini-tournament was cobbled together using players who had come to do speedruns in other games. If they want to do another one next year, people from the online community (TUS, ONL, CWT, FTM) could perhaps travel there to boost it up. I myself would go to London or Manchester, say, but not overseas. A problem however is that playing together on one PC and talking about what you're doing while you're doing it, is not what we WormNetters are used to.

(Edit: the scheme they used was "Tournament")
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 09:47 PM by MrTPenguin »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 04:22 PM »
Dude almost misses air strike on an open worm then gets rejected for a fistbump haha.
Yeah, pretty good.

Offline WhiteRqbbit

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 10:29 PM »
I found this earlier. Does anyone know anything about it?
Nice find. W:A exposure is allways nice.

Ah, the European Speedrunning Assembly, that's an awesome event when they do their speedrun marathons on Twitch.
It would be nice if W:A was represented at those kind of events like GDQ. It could be like u have to do all missions in one take. Or maybe all training in one take.
Mablak posted some speedruns for single missions here on tus. But I think it would be more fun if you have to do them all in one run.

I thought I recognised ESA, but I've realised I was thinking of ESL, who did a televised Elite tournament several years ago.
Those tournaments were organized by Giga not by ESL. Giga TV hosted some showmatches on german television and did the "Giga Liga". The final rounds (Grandslam) of that was also aired on TV. Grandslam IV had a prizepool of 3000€ - back in 2005 :D.
You can watch a video of the Grandslam IV finals here: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon/giga-liga-23425/  8) 

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2019, 05:39 AM »
Neat that anybody's playing it, we could always ask 'em if they need some European wormers to join in next time?

The missions speed run is done by the way, I optimized the hell out of it! But I've only really completed runs a couple times, having trouble getting back to it when I'm trying to focus on music. GDQ one day would be rad though.

Offline MrTPenguin

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2019, 05:40 PM »
Those tournaments were organized by Giga not by ESL. Giga TV hosted some showmatches on german television and did the "Giga Liga".
Thank you for the correction. I remember several years ago players on WN, often Germans, saying "gigaliga jemand?"