Forums
April 25, 2024, 09:34 PM

Author Topic: WormNET ranking system  (Read 702 times)

Offline Jean

WormNET ranking system
« on: August 13, 2021, 06:45 PM »
This game desperately needs a ranking system. Everytime I host 2v2 games there's a good chance a newbie will join. And lots of them quit when they make a mistake or realize they can't win. So many matches have been screwed up because of this. Adding 'no noobs' or 'pro' in host title is useless because most people simply ignore that.

Can we have a ranking system so we could allow only experienced/pro players to join our games?

Offline Lupastic

Re: WormNET ranking system
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 07:16 PM »
diz iz rascism :(

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 07:31 PM »
Adding 'no noobs' or 'pro' in host title is useless because most people simply ignore that.

Offline Jean

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 09:33 PM »
I should mention ranks would also be a good countermeasure for aliasing, because in order to play with pros you'd have to build up your rank, which can be extremely tedious if you change names often.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2021, 02:05 AM »
TUS will probably have a matchmaking system that will help people to find players on their level. Also, it will help newbies don't be kicked or insulted so often. It would be good to have a in-game ranking system as I heard it had in the past, it would be good to be similar to what is like in League of Legends, you choose to play ranked or a fun game and join a matchmaking queue. If TUS apply a matchmaking system, that would help a lot I think. Maybe players would have to wait a while, because this game is not as played as others of the trend right now. It is way better to wait than keep trying to send messages to multiple people, spamming on the chat for games, or hosting and dealing with beginners that are not on the same level when you are not in the mood to teach them and help them understand the game.

Edit: another thing that is complicated is that Worms has thousands of game modes and each player enjoys usually a limited amount of schemes. This could cause a scheme queue to be longer than others and the not-so-high amount of players that play competitively would be split due to different schemes. It is better to try than keep things the way they are.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 02:55 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Kradie

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2021, 03:31 AM »
If maps on TUS is tied to WA such as commands, why can't !Rank be? Type !rank in host tittle or in host room to kick/OR/warn player that they are not in your league, and that they need to become better.

Though I fear this COULD segregate the community further, even I don't care much about ranks, and the community is small.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Saint

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2021, 09:20 AM »
I asked CS to add ranks 3 years ago,he said that he would think about it,but there are too few players now to create it.I think for 100 players online every day, the rank system would not hurt.and I also advise you not to play with random players, but to know every good player and call him if necessary,I always do this.because if you just create a lobby with the name 1v1 pro only then you will have to wait all day XD

Offline Saint

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2021, 09:22 AM »
it is a much better idea,as you have already said, to create something like accounts so that you can not change your nickname

Offline Kradie

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2021, 09:51 AM »
I have no problems with newbies, I sometime welcome them to my games. Though the problem for me that is they can sulk and whine about being bad, or just have a bad attitude.

TUS Passports, link your tus account to WA login XD Makes me think of something else that is happening in this....

Anyways, at least I won't have uninvited guests in my host room :o
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB