Forums
April 25, 2024, 08:10 AM

Author Topic: Tool Assisted  (Read 1748 times)

Offline Corujão

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan

• Man is born good, worms corrupt him - Shakespeare
    • View Profile
    • Corujao Snooper
Tool Assisted
« on: May 22, 2022, 07:55 PM »
Illustrative video about the ''TA'' tool

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
Re: Tool Assisted
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 04:14 AM »
Really nice video.  I also wish the private version could be made public.  They must be worried that it could be reverse engineered or modified to play online.  I have used an older version of it and can confirm it's extremely powerful - especially the aimbot function which accounts for bounces / fuse time perfectly.

Nizikawa's version is also tons of fun and surprisingly powerful!  I advise everyone to download it, just in case anyone decides to remove it or make it private.

Offline Corujão

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan

• View Profile
    • Corujao Snooper
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2022, 12:28 AM »
Thanks j0e for the recognition and understanding.
I think the following, if you are going to forbid it for some, then it should forbid it for everyone. I've noticed that many players who disagree with people's right to get such a tool are not veteran, competitive players, so they don't care. Or are they simply naive about the subject. Some people are so boring it's not even worth arguing about.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 12:38 AM by Corujão »

Offline King-Gizzard

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2022, 10:45 AM »
I agree, it's a shame that it's been released to a select group who may have then shared it with those they trust.  If it can be exploited in its privately released state, maybe it already has been.  Here's hoping a public version gets released soon, or that Nizikawa continues with his version so that replays can be loaded (even if not re-saved).  I have a bunch of replays that I've kept for when this tool/feature becomes available.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 10:54 AM by King-Gizzard »

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2022, 11:05 AM »
If it can be exploited in its privately released state, maybe it already has been.

Of course it has been. Especially if you deal with people for whom reporting the match is literally all what they care about... not even facing the opponent properly. And then you end up with some guy reporting 2 free wins from 2 disconnected games whose opponent still had worms with maximum health. Such people are the reason why I won't ever play any other TRL or Tus classic game.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 04:44 PM by GonZaLO »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2022, 11:15 AM »
@GonZalo,

Deadcode stepped out of the playoffs because he didn't like your attitude. You're not the only one not happy with the situation. You are hijacking every topic you reply and making it about those league reports. Please stop. Consider this a friendly warning.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2022, 07:53 PM »
Yeah, what is this bullshit that I'm reading here...

The TA build isn't some conspiracy designed to give The Jews/BLM/gingers/whoever an advantage over you at the game of Worms, that just makes you sound completely deranged. The reason it's always been kept private is that in its current state, it isn't ready for public release, same as a bunch of other features and ideas floating around, competing for the same single, unpaid programmer's time and attention. As it happens, it's specifically the sort of big feature that will require a lot of rethinking on the design front, changes in the way the rest of the game is put together, on top of the sheer implementation of it. So doing all that correctly is tricky and hence harder to justify pouring resources into it, over implementing or improving features that will be interesting to a (much) larger portion of the player base. Gotta look at it with some perspective.

If anything, I imagine trying to nudge DC into prioritising work on a public TA build by making shit up and questioning the motives of people who have been nothing but helpful in keeping the game alive for upwards of 15 years is going to achieve the opposite; it'll make TA builds less easy to ask for by those who would have a legitimate use for them now, one that contributes in some way to the goal of advancing the WA community. Speculating on how advantageous having a TA build is, or on the other no doubt nefarious shenanigans that some unnamed cabal of elitists gets up to while laughing at the plebs, with seemingly little interest in actually listening to and understanding the explanations offered... yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if that would be exactly the sort of motivation-destroying attitude that would delay progress and harm us all in the long run. Don't do that!

Offline Corujão

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan

• View Profile
    • Corujao Snooper
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2022, 10:21 PM »
There will always be people to problematize everything.
Long and tedious discussions about the "finger roll" technique for rope schemes and recently the WkWormOrder module has also received negative feedback from some.

I believe that all this contributes to the demovitation, as the game is already practically dead compared to other games, and every time something new is suggested, half a dozen moralists resurface being against and wanting to police everyone.
It's usually the same small groups of friends from DC as always. But I'm not afraid, I have a critical sense and I speak my mind.

If Nizikawa manages to create a new version of TA that is capable of editing replays, it will be very good progress. Although we know that no ''TA'' version will have the same implementations as the official version

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2022, 05:00 PM »
I know Corujao for quite some time and the guy has always been having pure intentions. I think the video is as neutral as possible and fairly expressed. If I were to choose a saint here on TUS, Corujao would be somewhere at top of my choices.

I am the only one here who has caused upsetting others with my view on fairness.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2022, 01:14 AM »
The only Saint I'm aware on TUS is Jimmy.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2022, 09:51 AM »
nope, it is Saint :-*

Offline Kradie

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2022, 10:15 AM »
It is Roger Moore. RIP :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB