Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:58 PM

Author Topic: Trying to find a developer to help us build a game inspired by Worms  (Read 4407 times)

Offline Metaman

Dear all,

I've been desperately trying to get hold of a developer with experience in building a Worms-like game. We're a well funded project and are really at this stage looking for consultants to start with who may want to get more meaningfully involved as things develop. We're looking for insights, and a steer in a number of directions. We're an international team with a great track record and really hope we can find somebody here who can help.

My first aim was to try and get hold of David "Deadcode" Ellsworth, Cybershadow or Andy Davidson but it seems very difficult to connect with these guys.

Any ideas or offer of help would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance,
Metaman

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Trying to find a developer to help us build a game inspired by Worms
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 11:36 AM »
Hello,

Out of those 3 guys, Deadcode is available. Where did you look for him?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Metaman

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 12:46 PM »
Hi, thanks for responding.

I've tried to connect with a few people on LinkedIn that I thought might be him...no joy across social networks.

Found an email for Cybershadow but no reply as yet and Andy I've tried everything under the sun...even writing snail mail to his address.

How would you suggest I contact Deadcode?

ps - Awesome handle, was close to getting a tattoo of Guybrush Threepwood, in my top 3 best games of all time.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 01:30 PM »
afaik there are 4 worms-like clones that are nowhere close to the perfection that is WA. to name those: Hedgewars, Asteroidians, Webysteria, Crate Before Attack

ur gonna need 10+ years of time and perfect knowledge of physics to come close to WA, unless ur Team17 who milks the Worms franchise as cashgrabs

Deadcode should be in one of WA-related Discord servers

Offline Anubis

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2022, 01:37 PM »
Nice try Team17. ;)

Offline Metaman

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2022, 01:42 PM »
Roger that, thanks for the suggestions of other games, that's useful.

We're inspired by WA for sure, in that we're building a turn based, time limited, war strategy game.

Agree that Team 17 have overly milked the franchise, it's sad to see...I'm defo not from Team 17!

Don't mind sharing what we're building...see www.warsnails.com.

If anyone else is keen to help out on consulting/advice/how to avoid black holes do shout.

Offline nizikawa

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2022, 02:15 PM »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 05:26 AM by nizikawa »

Offline Metaman

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2022, 03:03 PM »
Wowza...don't hold back on the instant judgement based on limited information dude. Please enlighten me on how you can be so confident in your view?

Offline nizikawa

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2022, 03:10 PM »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 05:18 AM by nizikawa »

Offline Metaman

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2022, 03:12 PM »
Right, ok...gonna leave it there, thanks to those who offered up some useful suggestions.

Offline vesuvio

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2022, 03:13 PM »
lol ur game just can suck to prevent new players never played worms . a engine in wich is so fine to jump a enter jump undernaeath a wall to get  a hole new working game physic so smooth as worms is un belivable because iam god made worms

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2022, 03:27 PM »
I'd like to encourage everyone to keep the conversation under control.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline King-Gizzard

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2022, 04:19 PM »
Agree that Team 17 have overly milked the franchise, it's sad to see...

This NFT venture makes me more sad.  I'm glad T17 backed out of the NFT space when they received the negative feedback. 

Offline Metaman

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2022, 04:40 PM »
 I'd genuinely like to hear what the arguement is against NFT gaming, not to incite but to hear some balanced views if poss.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 04:56 PM by Metaman »

Offline King-Gizzard

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2022, 05:03 PM »
For me personally it's at odds with gaming because the NFT economy becomes the priority and focus... if people lose interest in NFT's what becomes of the game?  Also I don't personally like the NFT space, in it's worst form it's a borderline scam.