Forums
March 29, 2024, 06:38 AM

Author Topic: Unlimited teams?  (Read 1774 times)

Offline CharlesSwag277

Unlimited teams?
« on: August 14, 2019, 01:55 PM »
Hey guys, is there a mod that allows me to create an unlimited number of teams?

note: I'm using my e-mail from school for this site. To contact me, my real e-mail is charles.l.b@live.ca

Offline h3oCharles

Re: Unlimited teams?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 10:24 AM »
no

Offline CharlesSwag277

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 03:17 PM »
Oh ok, I'm sorry about that... :(

note: I'm using my e-mail from school for this site. To contact me, my real e-mail is charles.l.b@live.ca

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 05:37 PM »
Someone should be able to create a 48-team mod, with as many teams as you want as long as the number of worms is less than 48.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 12:19 AM »
Battle Royale came even here?

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 09:15 AM »
Someone should be able to create a 48-team mod, with as many teams as you want as long as the number of worms is less than 48.
if someone tryharded enough with Project X and the old real-time code then maybe it will happen

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 10:15 AM »
Battle Royale came even here?

Wasn't sure what's Battle Royale until now. :D

Offline Triad

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 11:41 AM »
Imagine waiting 47 turns for your next move.

Offline StepS

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 11:56 AM »
The dude wasn't even asking about having 48 teams in-game.
There is a 32 teams limit in the team file. You can't create more than that amount. This is a limitation of the file format that cannot be bypassed at the moment. Although you could keep multiple User\Teams\WG.WGT files, each with its set of 32 teams. But you won't be able to swap them without quitting the game first.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline CharlesSwag277

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 03:48 PM »
There is a 32 teams limit in the team file. You can't create more than that amount. This is a limitation of the file format that cannot be bypassed at the moment. Although you could keep multiple User\Teams\WG.WGT files, each with its set of 32 teams. But you won't be able to swap them without quitting the game first.

Yeah, and is there a way to upgrade the limit? ???

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 08:15 PM »
is there a way to upgrade the limit?
You can't create more than that amount. This is a limitation of the file format that cannot be bypassed at the moment.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2019, 10:32 AM »
is there a way to upgrade the limit?
You can't create more than that amount. This is a limitation of the file format that cannot be bypassed at the moment.

no

Sorry, OCD made me do it...

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2019, 01:11 AM »

Yeah, and is there a way to upgrade the limit? ???
Wait until 3.8 comes out, or 4.0, because it might be the droid that you're looking for, as it might upgrade the team file format.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2019, 01:27 AM »
Wait until 3.8 comes out [...] as it might upgrade the team file format.
Source?

or 4.0
Do you also believe in Santa Claus?
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2019, 05:24 AM »
Wait until 3.8 comes out [...] as it might upgrade the team file format.
Source?

or 4.0
Do you also believe in Santa Claus?
Motivation comes in waves. DC and CS have asked for the latitude not to have to account for times of silence, as I guess it could cloud their intrinsic enjoyment of the project. FWIW no-one official has ever suggested 4.0 is off; the official word is development will accelerate after 3.8 is released. I'm still trying to be hopeful for a 3.8 release this year. Ultimately though if we want WA to survive in a meaningful sense, we need to play it, patch or no.