Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:04 AM

Author Topic: Updates for HB schemes:  (Read 4525 times)

Offline Sensei

Re: Updates for HB schemes:
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2018, 10:27 PM »
Just to be clear, as title says, this thread was about HB schemes.
I proposed few changes but don't really care about them getting implemented or not.

Last few posts were pointed towards TUS Aerial, not HB one.

EDIT: as far crates goes, there's 6 default schemes and only 1 (team17) containing them. Having bo3 Aerial with crates is welcome, imo. But if you make it mandatory bo1 without crates - it's hyst duplicate.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 10:33 PM by Sensei »

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2018, 07:07 AM »
!host Aerial

!host Aerial_SD

Offline Senator

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2018, 09:52 AM »
Because if you can easily clear the mines around you, there isn't really any point in having them at all?

You can still use them for extra damage (possibly bigger first turn advantage though?), and they can block some hides for a moment because you may not have time to clear them right away. Pretty much like in Shopper?

There's nothing wrong with a 'gamble' element IMO. Because it forces you to make an extra decision: which mines are worth clearing even if I can blow myself up?

A smart player doesn't rely on luck (unless you really have to). I would find it annoying if my opponent took gambles all the time and got away with it.

I also stand by my wormy rule: if a game element doesn't BREAK the scheme, it's worth keeping. A completely stripped scheme like BnG has become is not something I find interesting and challenging to play anymore. That's why I'm in favour of keeping crates, mines, barrels and as many weaps in as possible.

It's funny you say this after defending a stripped down version of T17. ;D

Having bo3 Aerial with crates is welcome, imo. But if you make it mandatory bo1 without crates - it's hyst duplicate.

You are still saying Aerial is a Hysteria duplicate 90% of the time (when no crate drops), huh? The number of rounds doesn't have anything to do with Aerial being or not being a Hysteria duplicate. You can have a "proper" fight in Hysteria too depending on placements. And some people play the same way no matter what. I will always rely on telecow/jpcow shit because I suck at bng.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 01:01 PM by Senator »

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2018, 02:59 PM »
how about let the wormnet ppl to vote on schemes xd
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 03:08 PM by TheMadCharles »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2018, 04:33 PM »
They wouldn't even see changes being implemented, Charles. Everyone that play shopper eventually learn to say CAK and write commands: !ammo baz inf, !crate ban 0, etc..

Those who learnt it will continue to write all the commands nevertheless, but new ppl that arrive shouldn't be bothered with that kind of stuff if they don't need to! And they, for sure, don't!

Offline Frutiloops

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2018, 04:51 PM »
Just simple as "we love aerial cuz it's a fast pace game", but "darksiders" kinda ruin it tbh. Aerial SD is the answer! Hail Aerial_SD.
Life is a funner dressed up as a tus

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2018, 05:52 PM »
... petrols and mortars are reduced to 2 and uzi is removed. Why? Cause when sudden death strikes, it makes it much easier to finish game when you have 4 chances of full powering petrol or notching mortar. Not to speak about uzi when it's late stage of SD and you just burst it on other side of the map. 0 skill envolved in that.

Yes, there's enough time for a player to find position, notch it a bit and get the result (unlike in hysteria), so reducing petrols is a good decision. Not really sure about mortars because I don't think they are that powerful to push the worm anyway, better suited for clearing girders which is quite alright. Uzi? Not really bothered me much as well. Shotgun is more accurate for that matter.

Random mines because 3 sec makes easy clearing with JP. The danger of encountering a 0 sec makes it less beneficial to clear your entire side of any mines b4 they can strike you. 0 sec mines also no, cause annoying with JP and too powerful for this scheme imo.

Mines: which one is worse, players taking a gamble to get out of a mine block or players being able to clear the map of mines (or utilize easier for extra damage..)? Rewarding for taking gambles is questionable imo.

Yeah, random mines are ok, I'd consider instant mines for that case though to make it more deterministic and that would discipline a player to master jetpacking! This also makes pushing a mine with bazooka/grenade onto the opponent predictable). I've noticed significant increase in flying accuracy in other schemes like Mine Madness just because of that. But if you treat random mines as if they're instant, there's really not that much of gambling involved. I like elite's instant mines.

Only ppl I've seen against it was HHC (cause he made existent league scheme) and Chelsea (cause he doesn't like fast and more interesting pace of SD, rather prefers darksiding and 40 min games)

True, I'm quite happy with SD because I get tired a bit after around 25 mins of playing (except for BnG ofcourse!), and the water rise speed is slow enough to allow making decent decisions.

I like the idea of aerial being Bo1, in a 2 pick league system Bo3 should be avoided whenever possible.  The random elements of placement don't create more variation than say t17, so I am okay with aerial having more elements of chance.  I would say my two biggest issues are getting superweapons in crates that immediately end the game e.g. sheep strike, banana bomb, ect.; and the random mines, assign the mines a fuse like every other competitive league scheme known to man.

Yes, Bo3 is redundant, better just have 2 teles if luck factor is involved with auto placement. I kinda like to dig out from difficult places and block away potential plop holes, so to say. This again adds elite feeling. Superweapons is another thing that concerns me.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 05:55 PM by Xrayez »

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2018, 07:30 AM »
I’d also like to emphasize how important I think infinite Bazooka is in Shopper. I also always get baffled whenever I see a Shopper scheme made for a tournament, for example, in which there is no infinite Bazooka. It’s like, you have no standard weapon to do reasonable damage if you are unlucky, finding some very weak and ineffective weapon, so it turns out you end up with some dead turns during the matches. With infinite Bazooka, on the other hand, you have something to at least keep you steady in the killing race instead of just being helpless and letting your opponent crush you with a bigger weapon, allowing unnecessary luck to interfere in the game/scheme. Moreover, it allows you to choose whether to use the weapon you found in the crate or Bazooka according to the situation, providing more strategy in play.

I really disagree and think shopper with inf zook is really bad and just turns things into a bit of a roper style, you want focus on what the creates and could be and if you get lame cr8 your skillful enough to use it.

Inf drill was good to cause damage if you got a bad cr8 and alot of the maps i remember playing on alot of players would tend to hide in spots where you could knock and drill them for 35-42 damage.

But i'm old and the cr8 chances were probably different and didn't get as many issues of cr8 rope.

Offline StepS

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2021, 03:56 AM »
implemented
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]