Forums
April 25, 2024, 12:36 AM

Author Topic: WA geek question  (Read 1619 times)

Offline OrangE

WA geek question
« on: April 10, 2013, 04:53 AM »
allright nerds and geeks of the world of WA.

i have a question that some of you will be able to answer for sure. but i can't. check with slow motion, or frame by frame the kami at 0:44 here:

* 2013-04-09 20.11.32 [Online Round 1] @`69`orange, RoH`Dulek, r3n`.WAgame (39.96 kB - downloaded 65 times.)

there are 3 piled worms. the kami can't hit a moving worm (is this true, right?). the kami reaches the barrel which explodes and makes the RIGHT worm move, but the other 2 not.
the question is: why kelevra (the left worm) is not hit by the kami? and why the moving worm is knocked in the air with the other one?

i mean: the obvious answer is the other 2 worms knocked left kelevra. but i can't understand how it works, why a moving worm was hit and a still one wasn't...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 04:56 AM by OrangE »

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
Re: WA geek question
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 06:05 AM »
Yeah, the worm furthest to the right started moving because of the barrel, but landed in a stationary position right before the kami reached him, and kelevra worm just got knocked by theeone being in mid air.

I mean, that's what I'd assume, but I sure as f@#! don't know what I'm talking about. ;0

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 06:29 AM »
It appears that the rightmost worm was hit first, probably because he just barely had enough time to recover from the barrel blast. Then the middle worm was hit, which immediately moved the left worm, who was no longer hittable because he was moving.

Offline OrangE

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 04:48 AM »
thanks. :D

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 02:37 PM »
wouldnt we all love to know the true mechanics of this game... i have a feeling its not as simple as you might think for example you can make exact same shot and get atleast 3 differant results. There is a video explaining this with with how animals react , I think mablak made it ^^^ maybe he can send you a link but u have probably seen this already. Plus ive seem this game do weird things like an axe doing 55hp damage to a 100hp worm and a fire punch hit the same worm twice in one hit and one of the weirdest ive seen a player teleport and not loose his turn.

I think this is nail...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 02:45 PM by pizzasheet »

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 04:19 PM »
Perfectly rational explanations for all of those, pizza. Just fringe events in the quantum mechanics of the WA engine!

Offline OrangE

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 12:05 AM »
i can understand everything except the teleport thing. how it's possible not to loose the turn with a teleport?

Offline Husk

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 12:30 PM »
i can understand everything except the teleport thing. how it's possible not to loose the turn with a teleport?

where can I find the replay for that? =)

Offline OrangE

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 12:48 PM »

i dont know, pizza said its possible

Offline _ssm_

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 01:12 PM »

I know only 1 replay where i saw "how it's possible not to loose the turn with a teleport?"

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 01:50 PM »
It's much more likely that he saw someone jump after teleporting. The game accepts input for a single frame after the worm has already beamed to the new location.

Offline Casso

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 02:45 PM »

i dont know, pizza said its possible

It's a funny trick; sometimes I use it (just to laugh).
This is an example in my last cup game: https://www.tus-wa.com/cups/game-142419/ at 0:38 sec

Offline Husk

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 02:55 PM »

Offline OrangE

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 03:26 PM »
lol the tele+jump its the first thing you learn when you start playing wxw's.

but you're actually loosing the turn, its just +1 frame. pizza said something else, but i guess he doesn't remember well.

Offline Peja

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 05:40 PM »