Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:40 AM

Author Topic: WA is on life support  (Read 9443 times)

Offline skunk3

WA is on life support
« on: July 17, 2021, 11:06 PM »
Activity in the game is slowing to a trickle compared to what it once was.

There's hardly any long-time players who are active anymore. Most of the people in AG are snooping (2/3rds at least) and the people who are in there are just random noobs. Clanners are dead. I rarely see any sort of ranked games hosted for any league. I've been busy this summer but I've also tried to make time to play WA when I can and every time I sign on (no matter the time of day) it's a disappointment. I haven't checked TUS in long time and from what I can tell, even this forum is half dead. It looks like the same posts that I saw last time I logged in here are still at the top with hardly any new replies. At this rate it makes me wonder how much longer the servers will even be running.

Offline Kradie

Re: WA is on life support
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 11:42 PM »
That's unfortunate that you see it this way. I see it differently. I always manage to find or arrange games with people. Though at times it can be difficult setup games, but that doesn't mean imo that the game is dead. It all depends on what time you go on, and not everyone likes the same schemes.

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 11:42 PM »
lol skunk I have met you like 3-4 times in the game and even there you were doing nothing else, but b*tching for hours about how dead the game and the activity is. if you truly think so, why are you coming back, and keep playing it? :-X only for this? to point out something so pointless?
I mean I just don't understand this.. :D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 11:44 PM by Lupastic »

Offline skunk3

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2021, 12:15 AM »
lol skunk I have met you like 3-4 times in the game and even there you were doing nothing else, but b*tching for hours about how dead the game and the activity is. if you truly think so, why are you coming back, and keep playing it? :-X only for this? to point out something so pointless?
I mean I just don't understand this.. :D
I think you are being a little hyperbolic there. "bitching for hours?" Really? I might have commented once or twice about how there's hardly any activity and that is it, so please stop exaggerating and being a drama queen. Was I really hanging out in AG bitching about dead the game is?

I hop on WormNET when I can hoping to find good matches with skilled players and to have fun. Also, isn't a bit hypocritical of you to comment on this if it is so "pointless?" What is the point of your comment?

Being able to simply find a game is not the same thing as the game being active. There doesn't have to be literally zero games hosted and nobody joining lobbies for the game to be practically dead. It seems like with every month that goes by there's less and less people playing, and even at certain parts of the day when the game is at its most 'active', it's nothing in comparison to how active the game used to be. At almost any hour of the day when I log on to WormNET, more than 50% of the names in AG are snoopers or bots, and frequently that number can be more like 65-75%. Of course that doesn't account for people in games, but still. I just want people to start playing this again because modern gaming is super boring. I have a very powerful PC / GPU and most newer online multiplayer games suck. I have almost 600 games in my Steam library but I'd give them all up to keep WA.     

Offline nino

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2021, 12:24 AM »
iam 4 days without shit cos no time!!!

porra it!!!

ahhh i miss waking up. peeing, then start to play... no shower!!! eat / drink everything in the room! then it is 04:00 am, time to sleep!!  ;D ;D ;D
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2021, 12:40 AM »
I am in a BIG RR z with a few others right now. WA doesn't feel dead.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2021, 01:17 AM »
I think these numbers speaks for themselves in regards to WA online player activity.
https://steamcharts.com/app/217200#7d

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2021, 01:22 AM »
actually I see groups of newbie hungarian players coming every week, some of them are even streaming WA content to their already popular youtube channels, many of them are buying the game via Steam, etc.
so yeah I remember having more players around back in 2012, and now obviously we have less, as it would happen with any online game.. losing players as the years go on. this is called: non-b*tching attitude ;D

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2021, 01:45 AM »
Actually, WA is more active, even competitively than it has been in the past few years this year.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2021, 02:08 AM »
I think these numbers speaks for themselves in regards to WA online player activity.

lol those numbers probably include people playing offline or anyone who just has the game open for any reason, or even people who opened and then closed the application - not people who are in AG looking for a game. 137 players this past hour? Yeah f@#!ing right. Those Steam numbers are a straight-up lie.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2021, 02:17 AM »
Actually, WA is more active, even competitively than it has been in the past few years this year.

That doesn't reflect my experience on WormNET lately at all, or this whole year in general. I just logged in a short while ago and there were 5 people in AG who weren't snoopers or bots, and I can't even be sure if some of those people weren't snooping. I know that it's late in Europe right now but still...

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2021, 03:45 AM »
It doesn't need to reflect your experience.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2021, 04:30 AM »
I think these numbers speak for themselves in regards to WA online player activity.

keep in mind that these numbers are only for steam users, and it doesn't matter if they are connected to wormnet or not, they may as well be idle in the main menu. you also need to add up data from before August 2012, as well as CD and GOG releases, and any potential pirates
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 04:32 AM by TheMadCharles »

Offline Korydex

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2021, 06:12 AM »
I think it's partly because of me but I feel the same way and even started to play offline more often because it's much easier to start playing.
Sometimes it's boring to play for fun with randoms or league with the same handful of players. Hundreds of players that I loved to play with left and that's why it feels so empty.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2021, 02:01 PM »
Hundreds of players that I loved to play with left and that's why it feels so empty.

For me clanners were the most fun thing to do, and since clanners are still very inactive, I don't even play WA anymore.

Although, i'm still very involved as a spectator and streamer, WA is more active this year than it has been in the past few years thanks to the new update and surge in competitive activity.

Still, I need clanners to personally thrive as a player.