Forums
March 29, 2024, 06:12 AM

Author Topic: WA is on life support  (Read 9440 times)

Offline Y2JID

Re: WA is on life support
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2021, 07:19 PM »
died after 2004
Uh, yo, it just so happen this how Y2JID thing started
Flip two aces and get two face cards
It happens, chip stackin'
I turn around, see a bunch of chicks clappin'
But a girl walked by, caught my eye
So I said, 'What the f@#!, stand here and give me luck'
And she whispered in my ear
A purple one on there and put a pink one on there

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2021, 09:27 PM »
alive and kicking, thanks for your input jiddy.

Offline vesuvio

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2022, 06:07 PM »
since i started to play i never seen skunk but he said he would delete all his 700games out of steam to keep w:a  :-X

Offline skunk3

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2022, 01:00 AM »
since i started to play i never seen skunk but he said he would delete all his 700games out of steam to keep w:a  :-X

I still play fairly often. I took a break for a while to get into Elden Ring, but that's about it. Also, it's summer and I tend to game less when the weather is nice. I don't usually stick around in AG for too long. If I see it's dead I am not going to wait around for people to show up. I get on WormNET at random times of the day and no matter what time I get on, it's always pretty much dead despite what anyone might say. There might be a few people here and there playing cups or whatever but let's be honest - this game is on life support lol. (And has been for a very long time.)

Offline skunk3

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2022, 01:28 AM »
died after 2004
I'd say 2007-ish, but yeah. The 'glory days' of WA were definitely 99-07 IMO. Ever since then there's been little revivals in popularity but they never last too long and weren't as active as back then.

It is now a year after I originally wrote this post and my opinion hasn't changed one bit, and in fact the average user count that I see on WormNET is even less than it was a year ago, and I am going into the game at all times of day, including 'peak' hours. It's basically a ghost town. Kaos/mole/shopper. No-name noobs. Old schoolers nowhere to be found. No chatting in AG going on. In short, I was right then and I'm right now.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 07:42 PM by skunk3 »

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2022, 02:36 AM »
Skunk 🦨 is on life support. When the skunk press space it stinks, so you better collect a health crate when you see one.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2022, 07:09 AM »
died after 2004
I'd say 2007-ish, but yeah. The 'glory days' of WA were definitely 99-07 IMO. Ever since then there's been little revivals in popularity but they never last too long and weren't as f@#! as back then.

It is now a year after I originally wrote this post and my opinion hasn't changed one bit, and in fact the average user count that I see on WormNET is even less than it was a year ago, and I am going into the game at all times of day, including 'peak' hours. It's basically a ghost town. Kaos/mole/shopper. No-name noobs. Old schoolers nowhere to be found. No chatting in AG going on. In short, I was right then and I'm right now.

I WAS there from 2002 to 2007. All I could see was Intermediate and Forts games to which I was joining out of lack of choice. 1-2 people played those schemes regularly and soon I said goodbye to it. I then returned in 2013, seeing some update advertised on Ytube. That was also when Prince (Egypt) introduced me to Worm Olympics, because he needed a teammate. I also realised that my favourite schemes were in those Worm Olympics as well (Plop War, WfW, Aerial, Mine Madness) and that made me fall in love with this game like never before. I then met NouS, Mycy, Mazinger and all the other people who were so down-to-earth, that they were digging corridors underground, just like me.

Skunk, it doesn't hurt to play in clanners or in 2vs2 matches, or else how possibly you could share memorable moments with other people from this game?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 07:22 AM by GonZaLO »

Offline skunk3

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2022, 07:34 AM »
died after 2004
I'd say 2007-ish, but yeah. The 'glory days' of WA were definitely 99-07 IMO. Ever since then there's been little revivals in popularity but they never last too long and weren't as f@#! as back then.

I WAS there from 2002 to 2007. All I could see was Intermediate and Forts games to which I was joining out of lack of choice. 1-2 people played those schemes regularly and soon I said goodbye to it. I then returned in 2013, seeing some update advertised on Ytube. That was also when Prince (Egypt) introduced me to Worm Olympics, because he needed a teammate. I also realised that my favourite schemes were in those Worm Olympics as well (Plop War, WfW, Aerial, Mine Madness) and that made me fall in love with this game like never before. I then met NouS, Mycy, Mazinger and all the other people who were so down-to-earth, that they were digging corridors underground, just like me.

Skunk, it doesn't hurt to play in clanners or in 2vs2 matches, or else how possibly you could share memorable moments with other people from this game?

Been there, done that. If all you saw in 2002-2007 was fort and intermediate, I have no idea what to say but maybe you had bad luck? Back then there were so many more schemes hosted than that.

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2022, 10:03 AM »
instead of bitching about how dead this game is, we should say a f@#!ing hallelujah that WA is still around and being played in 2022 and will be in 2023 too ;) I've seen a couple of times what time periods you come up to AG and look for a game and that is GMT 6 am- until 10 am usually :) you do know that we, europeans are usually asleep or at work these times, right? that is the "ghost-town" you see from the US at that period. I think you have never seen the peek of players and activity before..? :D

I think you should go back and play Rocket League skunk, and leave WA for the players who actually play it..? ::)

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2022, 10:36 AM »
you do know that we, europeans are usually asleep or at work these times, right? that is the "ghost-town" you see from the US at that period.

You actually hit the spot there Lupa

Offline skunk3

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2022, 04:11 PM »
instead of bitching about how dead this game is, we should say a f@#!ing hallelujah that WA is still around and being played in 2022 and will be in 2023 too ;) I've seen a couple of times what time periods you come up to AG and look for a game and that is GMT 6 am- until 10 am usually :) you do know that we, europeans are usually asleep or at work these times, right? that is the "ghost-town" you see from the US at that period. I think you have never seen the peek of players and activity before..? :D

I think you should go back and play Rocket League skunk, and leave WA for the players who actually play it..? ::)

Maybe you missed the part where I specifically mentioned that I get on WA at all times of day, including 'peak European hours.' It doesn't matter what time of day I get on, the game is dead as f@#! and most veteran players are nowhere to be found the vast majority of the time.

I guarantee that I play WA far more than you do.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2022, 04:31 PM »

Maybe you missed the part where I specifically mentioned that I get on WA at all times of day, including 'peak European hours.' It doesn't matter what time of day I get on, the game is dead as f@#! and most veteran players are nowhere to be found the vast majority of the time.

I guarantee that I play WA far more than you do.
You care too much about people that doesn't play anymore. They simply don't matter anymore, and the game is just fine without them.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2022, 05:58 PM »
You care too much about people that doesn't play anymore. They simply don't matter anymore, and the game is just fine without them.

Didn't you know Kradie? You can't possibly matter to skunk, if you don't play for at least 20 years, or ideally for 25 years (since Worms 2 first demo release). Before this happens you are just some new meaningless rookie, who doesn't contribute to any "gold days of WA" because your body's spine is not twisted enough for you to be proclaimed "veteran of WA"  :-[

« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 06:11 PM by GonZaLO »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2022, 07:36 PM »
skunk3 is correct regarding the drop of activity but at the same time, those of us who stayed don't care. So what? We're still enjoying the game.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2022, 08:47 PM »
I probably arrange about 80% of my games on discord, i think a lot of other players also use discord to find games. This has a big impact on AG activity as fewer people use it in the community to find matches.

This probably doesn't help for old schoolers coming back and thinking there is little activity, or new players unaware of the discord worm servers.