Forums
April 25, 2024, 07:11 PM

Author Topic: W:A Texturizer: web-app to create pixel-perfect maps  (Read 1527 times)

Offline oScarDiAnno

W:A Texturizer: web-app to create pixel-perfect maps
« on: July 18, 2022, 09:05 PM »
Hey guys!
I'm pleased to announce you that I've finished this project, originally started by @Syc :D

A lightweight web program for making maps that seem like they were created in W:A, in the original terrain style but with precise pixel placement. This ensures that your board/trick/race maps maintain their intended functionality after applying textures, since transparent pixels will always remain translucent.
Also, the application style was designed to follow W:A's graphical interfaces style :)

You can try it here: https://wa-map-texturizer.vercel.app
Source code (with a small tutorial): https://github.com/oscardianno/wa-texturizer

Would love to see some maps created with this tool, please let me know if you do!
Feedback is always kindly appreciated!  ;D 

Thanks to h3oCharles, SIBASA and everyone who has helped with testing, and llamaprefer for the improved description :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 03:49 PM by oScarDiAnno »

Offline philie

Re: W:A Texturizer: web-app to create pixel-perfect maps
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 12:07 AM »
awesome!

Offline llamaprefer

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 03:09 PM »
A lightweight web program for making maps that seem like they were created in W:A, in the original terrain style but with precise pixel placement. This ensures that your race maps maintain their intended functionality after applying textures, since transparent pixels will always remain translucent.

Offline rUNaW4y

• “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear”

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2022, 04:54 PM »
Hey guys!
I'm pleased to announce you that I've finished this project, originally started by @Syc :D

W:A Texturizer is a small web-application that allows you to create maps that look W:A generated; in the style of the classic terrains, but keeping them pixel-perfect. This means that transparent pixels will always stay transparent, so that you can create precise race maps that will still work as they were meant to after the textures are applied.
Also, the application style was designed to follow W:A's graphical interfaces style :)

You can try it here: https://wa-map-texturizer.vercel.app
Source code (with a small tutorial): https://github.com/oscardianno/wa-texturizer

I enjoyed working on this:)), any feedback is kindly appreciated!  ;D

Interesting.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2022, 08:21 PM »
hi, i helped in beta-testing and some suggestion crafting

this program is especially useful if you are making a precision map that's only white. once the mapper is done with the placement of pixels, one can use this to give the map some color

Offline oScarDiAnno

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2022, 03:33 PM »
A lightweight web program for making maps that seem like they were created in W:A, in the original terrain style but with precise pixel placement. This ensures that your race maps maintain their intended functionality after applying textures, since transparent pixels will always remain translucent.
Thanks for rewording the description, this one is definitely more clear and straightforward. I appreciate it!
I'm going to update it, if you don't mind ^^

hi, i helped in beta-testing and some suggestion crafting

this program is especially useful if you are making a precision map that's only white. once the mapper is done with the placement of pixels, one can use this to give the map some color
Correct, thanks Charles :))
Not only white, though! One can place objects and stuff using other colors that won't get texturized, like the worms in the example.
Maybe I should add some other objects, and not only worms, to make it more evident?

Offline Sensei

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2022, 06:52 PM »
Sounds like a great and useful program. Well done!