Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:37 AM

Author Topic: WA is on life support  (Read 9442 times)

Offline TheKaren

Re: WA is on life support
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2021, 01:46 PM »
skunk, your attitude towards this game and collective community in general feels pretty abysmal, you are such a downer about this game and act pretty ignorant and selfish towards people.

Your opinion of the definition of the word "active" is irrelevant, as by the actual English definition of the word in every dictionary there is, this game is active, and also engaging, that is not an opinion, it is not subjective, it's a fact.

"Active enough" is subjective though, and is true for myself and other people. Though i'm not going to deny i'd happily welcome even more activity!

Also, Worms Armageddon history doesn't dictate what the word active means. It's definitely not at it's peak, and it likely never will be again, nobody is arguing that. It might not be active in such a way that satisfies you, and there are parts of the game and people that are gone I wish would come back, that's life though, people move on, people adapt.

The game is still active though, that isn't even up for debate, it's literally a fact.

All these things you personally think are stupid, are parts of the game that are active and lots of other people enjoy.

It's your own problem you don't enjoy playing with inexperienced players. Quitters are sometimes frustrating though i'll give you that, though that isn't exclusive to this game, that happens everywhere in life.

It's your problem you don't enjoy playing offline to submit your times against others around the world, then again.

It's your problem you can't accept there is a vast galaxy of adventures and possibilities outside the world you are living in(metaphorically speaking of course).

People still make maps, even Mablak is posting world record runs for missions and deathmatch! People are streaming the game on Twitch including myself, the r/worms subreddit often has people asking about the game, Sensei has that massive Discord channel which has thousands of people, Deadcode & CyberShadow are still updating the game. People are playing Cups, Tournaments, Challenges, CWT will begin within 2 months and should be great! lalo told me the Southern American communities have a private Discord where they organize Elite Tournaments with each other and Adun streams them on Twitch often. Apparently there is a massive Russian community of wormers as well who play among themselves, sometimes some pretty big YouTubers streaming Worms matches.

These are all things which add to the activity of the game.

Every time i've logged on to WormNET in the past year there has always been multiple games hosted, and i've seen a healthy variation of schemes hosted, i've seen Ropers, Big RR, WxW, Shopper, Mole Shopper, Normal, BnG, Bungee, Kaos, Darts, Team17, Elite, TTRR, Warmer and the list goes on... Granted most of the games hosted are casual, though that still adds to the games activity.

Here is an idea, you could create your own Discord channel, with the express purpose of inviting all the people you like playing games with, so you can organize games with people that you deem good enough.

The main point being, just because things aren't the way you personally want them to be, doesn't mean the game is dead, or that it sucks, or that people are stupid, or that noobs are worthless.

You are not more important or better than everyone else, just because you don't like something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 01:58 PM by Komito »

Offline biscojoe

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2021, 02:23 AM »
Technically the game will never die because you can just rope around by yourself if you're bored... in terms of finding someone "on par" with your skill and roping... that can be hard... or when you host games and people quit on you, that can suck. It's just like Counter-Strike 1.6, that games been dead for a long time and people still play it... or they play 5v5 pick up games, yea it takes a long time to get 10 people into the server maybe but it happens... worms is an easier game to play by yourself then a first person shooter multiplayer game. It's definitely not what it once was... but I enjoy the games I play from time to time with skunk, I think he's really the only one I'll rope with or that is online and actually engages in conversation when you're playing... most don't... i get it most don't understand english either... it's hard with the timezones of the community, which is what makes the game itself awesome, the community of people from all over the world. Idk, it's all how you view it... but when you've played something from the start, it's never going to be the same. Shit, I remember when WormNET had ranks up and everything when you logged on... Ropers Heaven just packed with ropers... like roping was the meta during a time in worms, it was sick. I'm just glad to still be tappin' my spacebar and roping around. it's pretty sick on 1440p 165hz lol, you go to think that you used to play any scheme really on like 1024x768 max on a monitor that weighed more then yourself :D

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2021, 02:59 AM »
I think he's really the only one I'll rope with or that is online and actually engages in conversation when you're playing... most don't...

Maybe you and skunk simply don't relate to people you refer to as "most don't", and they purposely remain quiet because you don't say anything that's interesting or engaging to them? We're not all compatible with each other, especially with differences in age and culture.

It's like this story I heard Terry Crews talk about being a parent, as a very athletic and strong male type, who was into sports and stuff stuff, he struggled to connect and bond with his son, his son who is very nerdy and interested in technology and stuff, and he realized they were drifting apart, he was trying to encourage his son to take up his hobbies and his interests and his son wasn't interested.

Then it all changed for him when he realized that wasn't working, and to form a more meaningful bond with his son he should focus on trying to take an interest in his songs hobbies, now Terry Crews and his son do live streams on Twitch together, he's a major PC enthusiast now.

Maybe, this game and the community just don't relate to you anymore and you are beating yourselves up over it instead of either moving on, or embracing the changes.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 03:01 AM by Komito »

Offline biscojoe

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2021, 07:23 AM »
I think he's really the only one I'll rope with or that is online and actually engages in conversation when you're playing... most don't...

Maybe you and skunk simply don't relate to people you refer to as "most don't", and they purposely remain quiet because you don't say anything that's interesting or engaging to them? We're not all compatible with each other, especially with differences in age and culture.

It's like this story I heard Terry Crews talk about being a parent, as a very athletic and strong male type, who was into sports and stuff stuff, he struggled to connect and bond with his son, his son who is very nerdy and interested in technology and stuff, and he realized they were drifting apart, he was trying to encourage his son to take up his hobbies and his interests and his son wasn't interested.

Then it all changed for him when he realized that wasn't working, and to form a more meaningful bond with his son he should focus on trying to take an interest in his songs hobbies, now Terry Crews and his son do live streams on Twitch together, he's a major PC enthusiast now.

Maybe, this game and the community just don't relate to you anymore and you are beating yourselves up over it instead of either moving on, or embracing the changes.

I guess you misread what I said or I f@#!ed up how i pronounced it lol. I meant he's really the only one I'll rope with because nobody is online. at least on my time zone. he's also one of the OGs that still ropes this game. I've left snooper open for days.. in #ropersheaven and #ag... nobody hosts roper games (anything rope related) or BnG for the most part... i don't see any increase in community size, it just stays where its at which is cool. the games playable not saying it isn't... and i'm someone who loves change btw, so.. if the game is changing, cool. lol. i'm not even complaining, i love roping when i get the time too or if people are around even if i don't know who they are, it's fun. or i'll just do some offline games by myself, who cares? lol
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 07:25 AM by biscojoe »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2021, 03:07 PM »
I guess you misread what I said or I f@#!ed up how i pronounced it lol.

You added "or" and "most don't".

Still, I was simply elaborating on possibilities, and giving examples.

I meant he's really the only one I'll rope with because nobody is online. at least on my time zone.

Yeah that's fine to pick and choose who you play with, the problem is how skunk complains about it, the way he blames everyone else and looks down on other people as if they are beneath him. If he simply said he doesn't like what Worms Armageddon has became, that's fine. If he could vent without insulting other people and acting superior.

We were all noobs at one point.

I've left snooper open for days.. in #ropersheaven and #ag... nobody hosts roper games (anything rope related) or BnG for the most part...

Granted I haven't actually physically played any games myself in the past few months, though i've been streaming a lot of Intermediate and spectating a lot of games even when i'm busy working on my own stuff, and I can assure you, there are still people hosting Big RR, Warmer, Roper, ZaR Roper, TTRR, WxW games, it's definitely not as much as it was many years ago, though still enough that I always find a game when online.

If I could honestly be bothered, i'd record it and prove it lol, i'm too lazy for such a little point though.

Offline Kradie

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2021, 04:46 PM »

Offline skunk3

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2021, 08:38 PM »
skunk, your attitude towards this game and collective community in general feels pretty abysmal, you are such a downer about this game and act pretty ignorant and selfish towards people.

Your opinion of the definition of the word "active" is irrelevant, as by the actual English definition of the word in every dictionary there is, this game is active, and also engaging, that is not an opinion, it is not subjective, it's a fact.

"Active enough" is subjective though, and is true for myself and other people. Though i'm not going to deny i'd happily welcome even more activity!

Also, Worms Armageddon history doesn't dictate what the word active means. It's definitely not at it's peak, and it likely never will be again, nobody is arguing that. It might not be active in such a way that satisfies you, and there are parts of the game and people that are gone I wish would come back, that's life though, people move on, people adapt.

The game is still active though, that isn't even up for debate, it's literally a fact.

All these things you personally think are stupid, are parts of the game that are active and lots of other people enjoy.

It's your own problem you don't enjoy playing with inexperienced players. Quitters are sometimes frustrating though i'll give you that, though that isn't exclusive to this game, that happens everywhere in life.

It's your problem you don't enjoy playing offline to submit your times against others around the world, then again.

It's your problem you can't accept there is a vast galaxy of adventures and possibilities outside the world you are living in(metaphorically speaking of course).

People still make maps, even Mablak is posting world record runs for missions and deathmatch! People are streaming the game on Twitch including myself, the r/worms subreddit often has people asking about the game, Sensei has that massive Discord channel which has thousands of people, Deadcode & CyberShadow are still updating the game. People are playing Cups, Tournaments, Challenges, CWT will begin within 2 months and should be great! lalo told me the Southern American communities have a private Discord where they organize Elite Tournaments with each other and Adun streams them on Twitch often. Apparently there is a massive Russian community of wormers as well who play among themselves, sometimes some pretty big YouTubers streaming Worms matches.

These are all things which add to the activity of the game.

Every time i've logged on to WormNET in the past year there has always been multiple games hosted, and i've seen a healthy variation of schemes hosted, i've seen Ropers, Big RR, WxW, Shopper, Mole Shopper, Normal, BnG, Bungee, Kaos, Darts, Team17, Elite, TTRR, Warmer and the list goes on... Granted most of the games hosted are casual, though that still adds to the games activity.

Here is an idea, you could create your own Discord channel, with the express purpose of inviting all the people you like playing games with, so you can organize games with people that you deem good enough.

The main point being, just because things aren't the way you personally want them to be, doesn't mean the game is dead, or that it sucks, or that people are stupid, or that noobs are worthless.

You are not more important or better than everyone else, just because you don't like something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Why do you like arguing nonsense? Why do you feel that you must try to 'win' any conversation you engage in? This post has absolutely nothing to do with you but as always, you make it your holy duty to argue because you have no life.

My attitude about this game is based upon what I've seen with my own eyes. Every time you log on there's multiple games hosted? Well good for you! Many times when I log on there's no games hosted, or maybe one of something simple like a shopper. The game is frequently 'dead' by any reasonable understanding of the term. Of course we can argue semantics but that's pointless. Your opinion of my attitude is just your opinion, and your opinion sucks the vast majority of the time lol. Just look at a few of the 12,000+ posts you've made over the years and re-read a lot of the retarded shit you've said. You're a smug twat who tries to do or say anything you can to make yourself look better while putting others down.

I furthermore have no idea wtf you are talking about when it comes to me acting ignorant and selfish towards people. How am I acting selfish? How am I being ignorant? If me wishing that the game was more active and more full of old school players, then yeah... I'm definitely selfish. Guilty as charged! If me being ignorant means that I am unaware of ranked activities hosted on various forums, then I'm also guilty as charged there. Aside from that, I have no clue what you are talking about.

If you consider WA to be active, then good for you. I don't. 90%+ of the time I log on to WormNET there are less than 40 people in #AG and of those ~40 people, probably 2/3rds of them are snoopers and bots. Of course this doesn't reflect anyone who might be in the middle of a game, but still... that's not what any reasonable person would consider active, both in terms of historical WA activity and for most online multiplayer games in general. "Worms Armageddon history doesn't dictate what active means" - you. Why the f@#! would it not? You make no sense. The fact that the game is active is not "literally a fact." That's just... wrong.

As far as me not caring about offline challenges and stuff goes, that's simply my prerogative. It's not fun to *me.* I don't care about speedrunning deathmatches or doing time trials. That's not a "problem" but rather a matter of preference. I am not shitting on anyone for being into those sorts of things. All I said is that I'm not into it; not that other people should be ashamed about enjoying it.

I shouldn't have to organize an external site/forum/channel to arrange games. If people spent half as much time actually playing WA as they do lurking in such places, the game would be way more active and fun. People need to take that activity/chat to AG and make the game feel more alive. Then again, that's just my opinion.

Playing with random/noob players isn't fun, personally. They either quit or pose little to no challenge. Where's the fun in that, when the outcome is a foregone conclusion? Also, a lot of them barely speak English so there's that also. I don't mind playing with newcomers in a teaching context but for general gameplay fun it just doesn't work. Also, the list of games you claim to see hosted is far more variety than what I see whenever I get on. Hardly anyone hosts ropers aside from Kradie and his silly ZaR ropers or those Zillians hosting w2 ropers. I haven't seen anyone host a BnG in ages, nor a Bungee, Darts, Elite, TTRR or Warmer. Those basically never get hosted.

I never said that just because I don't like something then it doesn't exist. That's stupid and you're simply being disingenuous for the sake of winning an argument that you are engaged in with yourself because you are being you.. in other words, finding arguments where they don't exist and upping your post count.

All I want is what is best for the game - more in-game activity, more of a feeling of community, etc. I want old school players to actually boot up the game and play. I am not unhappy that new people are discovering the game and playing... in fact, I think it's great. However, what I don't like is logging on to WormNET and seeing almost nothing but randoms from Bumf@#!istan who keep hosting and joining the same handful of beginner schemes.  I am glad that when *you* join AG you seem to see so much more activity and variety than I do. More fortunate timezone in general, I guess? All I know is that most of the time when I have a chance to play, the game isn't nearly as active as you make it out to be, and the scheme variety is also far more limited. Just sayin'.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2021, 12:55 AM »
Why do you like arguing nonsense? Why do you feel that you must try to 'win' any conversation you engage in? This post has absolutely nothing to do with you but as always, you make it your holy duty to argue because you have no life.

You are the one that goes out of his way and comes here every year complaining, I enjoy discussing the positives of this game and it's community, while you dwell on your own subjective negatives. This entire thread isn't about me, it it literally about your perspective as you are the one who is unhappy and complaining. I am literally giving you information you could use to adapt and enjoy the game more.

I furthermore have no idea wtf you are talking about when it comes to me acting ignorant and selfish towards people.

Of course you don't, that is literally the definition of ignorance. Thank you for proving my point.

"Worms Armageddon history doesn't dictate what active means" - you. Why the f@#! would it not? You make no sense.

"Why the f@#! would it not?" - The  definition of the word "active" has absolutely nothing to do with this game or it's past.

The fact that the game is active is not "literally a fact." That's just... wrong.

It is literally a fact that this game is active, this is not a debate.

I shouldn't have to organize an external site/forum/channel to arrange games.

Yeah skunk, blame the rest of the world for your lack of effort, that'll teach them!

If people spent half as much time actually playing WA as they do lurking in such places, the game would be way more active and fun. People need to take that activity/chat to AG and make the game feel more alive. Then again, that's just my opinion.

You sound like a dictator, people generally don't like dictators, they sound like dicks.

It's the same attitude I had while complaining about b2b not being as active as they used to be, blaming everyone else, instead of realizing they were all moving on doing different things, have different attitudes and I was stubborn.

Since then i've moved on, became more open minded, adapted, and feel much better for it.

Playing with random/noob players isn't fun, personally. They either quit or pose little to no challenge. Where's the fun in that, when the outcome is a foregone conclusion?

This is the exact kind of attitude i'm talking about... Hopelessly negative...

This absolutely sucks that I have to go here and use my own history though I will to prove a point, the only reason i'm going there is because you constantly go there comparing yourself to other people.

Nobody that I know of has ever considered you a top player at anything, you've always said you have no interest in Leagues so unfortunately we don't have League statistics to prove how low you are compared to the top players. Which is ridiculous as you constantly complain about not enough challenge yet you always avoided the very thing which presented the best challenge in the entire history of the game - Leagues.

Saying funners are just as serious is complete faff, there is never any pressure because nobody remembers who won and who lost, there are no playoffs, no records, nothing, without this pressure it's too easy.

You view "noobs" and "strangers" as posing little to no challenge, and quite honestly I look at you the same way regarding roping schemes.

You're too slow in Big RR and TTRR to beat any highly skilled player, you're too slow to win WxW on the longer maps that the highly skilled players play on, Roper is 50/50 and your best chance where even the best can lose to much lesser skilled ropers if the crates are lucky enough.

When it comes to Warmer, guys like myself, Mablak, Anubis, SaltyK9, Shadymilkman, Oijogja, Marco, FlowingWater, TheOne, Volrin, Wargod, Ropa, Tenchi, Jmoberg and others were so much more skilled than you, faster than you, more consistent than you,

Since you like to talk about how much "more active" WA used to be, back then you wouldn't be considered a threat in statistically recorded competitive games such as you find in a league.

The way you view other people as being little to no challenge can be compared to the difference in highly skilled players against you simply because you weren't on their level.

Look at this page - https://worms2d.info/Warmer, look at the notable players, is your name there? No.

This is all irrelevant though, i'd still play with you because it's fun just to play against other people regardless of how skilled they are! You will never improve if you don't push yourself.

Yes while you can learn and improve by playing better players in more challenging scenarios, you will also improve in roping schemes simply by challenging yourself and pushing yourself further, trying to beat your own previous performances, this is something you can do alone, so you can definitely do it with any other players regardles if they are better than you, or worse than you.

Playing with random players and noobs contribute to keeping the schemes we like and cherish active. Nobody is an expert at anything the first time.

The mere fact that you write off strangers and noobs does not help the situation you so desperately want to improve... To put it simply, your actions contradict your wishes.

Also, a lot of them barely speak English so there's that also.

They don't have to speak English to play the game.

Corujao even has a translator app installed on Discord so we can have a perfectly fine conversation about various things even though his English isn't great.

That guy is a inspiration! More people could benefit from imitating his enthusiasm!

I don't mind playing with newcomers in a teaching context but for general gameplay fun it just doesn't work.

People get better with practise, practise can be achieved through casual gameplay, that is fun to a lot of people!

Also, the list of games you claim to see hosted is far more variety than what I see whenever I get on.

Do you actually hang around a lot though? Do you only come on at specific times? Do you try different timezones?

To be honest I have absolutely no idea how long you wait for games, how you look for games, or what times you pop in on, as for me, I sit with 2 computers on so I can monitor #AG and Discord on my laptop, while playing other video games, studying, or watching something on my PC.

So not only do I constantly find games to play and enjoy them, while i'm in an active game i'm looking for and organizing games for when i've finished the current game in advance!

A lot of people these days organize games with their friends or specific interests via apps like Discord, welcome to the future.

The game is more active in the hours that are during early morning or late night for you, we all agree that your timezone is about the most inactive, though there are still ways you can find more games, or either host them yourself and learn to appreciate noobs.

Hardly anyone hosts ropers aside from Kradie and his silly ZaR ropers or those Zillians hosting w2 ropers. I haven't seen anyone host a BnG in ages, nor a Bungee, Darts, Elite, TTRR or Warmer. Those basically never get hosted.

Well, I started playing again about a week ago and i've already played a healthy amount of BnG, Big RR, TTRR, Hysteria with various people already, not to mention i've hosted a successful Tournament for the alternative to Intermediate scheme "80hp" earlier, which has some of the best players in the community like Dario, Albus, Rafka, Korydex participating, we even Mablak  commentating and he is eager to join the 80hp Cup!

I've hosted several BnGs late at night in the past 2-3 nights and it's mostly people who have never played before, I don't even complain about them throwing sitters and 5s shots without LG or minimum bounce, it's just nice to see them play for a while, even if they quit because well, I have no mercy and I absolutely destroy them lol, some of them are inspired by seeing top players blow their minds, and when they are treated with respect and friendliness while witnessing something awesome, they are more likely to stay and ask questions and take it up as a hobby.

I've hosted almost a dozen Big RRs myself, and saw dozens more hosted via HostingBuddy and manual hosting.

Even in the past month i've seen multiple Darts games reported, and saw a few casuals hosted, although this is one of the least active schemes of all i've mentioned.

I've only seen a couple Bungee Races, though that is generally one of the least popular schemes ever.

ZaR Roper is still a Roper scheme, and it's a good scheme, w2 Roper is in my opinion the best "Roper" variation and the w2 guys are incredibly good!

Looking at the general activity of TUS in the past month alone:

Intermediate, Elite, Team17, Roper, Big RR, Darts, Abnormal, Aerial, Bungee Race, Kaos, Mole Shopper, Forts, Golf, WxW, Jetpack Race, BnG, Mine Madness, i've actually stopped scrolling now and that was only down to 19th July.  That's like, just in 2 weeks.

I never said that just because I don't like something then it doesn't exist. That's stupid and you're simply being disingenuous for the sake of winning an argument...

I never said you did say that, so you are acting stupid there for thinking I did.

Read it again, carefully:

"You are not more important or better than everyone else, just because you don't like something doesn't mean it doesn't exist."

The point is that you don't like all those things that you've literally just went ahead and said you don't like or don't want to do or feel like other people should make the effort, and that does not mean the game is not active. Such things as using Discord to organize games, playing Challenges offline.

I don't care about winning an argument, I care about telling the truth and challenging your constant negativity, and i'll never stop challenging your constant negativity.

All I want is what is best for the game - more in-game activity, more of a feeling of community, etc. I want old school players to actually boot up the game and play. I am not unhappy that new people are discovering the game and playing... in fact, I think it's great. However, what I don't like is logging on to WormNET and seeing almost nothing but randoms from Bumf@#!istan who keep hosting and joining the same handful of beginner schemes.  I am glad that when *you* join AG you seem to see so much more activity and variety than I do. More fortunate timezone in general, I guess? All I know is that most of the time when I have a chance to play, the game isn't nearly as active as you make it out to be, and the scheme variety is also far more limited. Just sayin'.

To begin with, there is absolutely no need for that racist and homophobic comment regarding what country someone is from and the sexual act you used as a play on words.

What is best for the game is very subjective depending on who you ask.

Let's say we're talking about activity and worthy challengers as those are 2 of your most repeated complaints over the past few years, added to the fact you just said you want more of a feeling of community.

Like, please explain to me how you hope to achieve that by not wanting to play people based on their level of skill and lack of understanding English?

You know what, there are lots of players from various countries whose English has improved over years of playing videos games and interacting with English speaking players.

You also don't need to speak another language to compete in TUS.

Not only are you unfortunate because of your timezone, you make things 10x worse by just being the way you are.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 01:08 AM by Komito »

Offline Godmax

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2021, 09:07 AM »
wtf

Offline skunk3

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2021, 07:38 AM »
Komo, I truly don't want to come off as rude right now but you have GOT to get a life, buddy. I'm just going to reply to a few things, and probably not in order.

It is abundantly clear that we have very different opinions on basically everything and you put way too much stock into leagues. You remind me of someone who is perpetually stuck in a 'high school' sort of mentality. Your appeals to popularity or this worms 'inner circle' make me f@#!ing laugh. You seriously sound like a stereotypical 'mean popular girl' in some cheesy movie who tries to act like some sort of gatekeeper. You also have no current actual gauge of my skill level for any scheme because we essentially never play vs. each other (I think the last time was probably 2 years ago?), so all you are doing is just baselessly talking shit as per usual. FFS look at your post count, my guy. I can't hang in Big RR? lol... name 5 people who can consistently beat me in Big RR or WXW, and I am talking about people who are actually active. Before you do, I will just point out that your selections will probably be based upon no factual information, and possibly untrue to boot. I'm not bragging or trying to make any claims - all I am saying is that your opinions are flaccid because anyone who knows anything about the state of Big RR today knows where I'm at. I'm not unbeatable, but I can give ANYONE a run for their money and I am more than happy to prove that. In fact, the only player who I think might have a winning record on me in Big RR is probably Dibz, but even that isn't by a huge margin. As far as warmer goes, who gives a crap? I never even cared about warmer when it was popular lol. I joined a warmer contest and just flagpoled for my entire turn just to show how dumb I thought warmers were. The state of roping within the modern WA scene is what I predicted would happen a very long time ago - branching away from warmers and constantly trying to do named tricks and more about robotic efficiency and consistency. I play WA more often than most of the people who lurk on these boards and on Discord and I'm not even THAT active anymore compared to back in the day. In the last year I think I've seen one warmer hosted...maybe? Warmers are a relic of the past dude, and so is TTRR. I'm not saying they never get hosted. Sure, they probably do rarely here and there (not when I'm around) but they are exceedingly rare in any case and any attempt to argue to the contrary is just plain false unless they just so happen to only get hosted when I'm sleeping or at work, which I nonetheless doubt. And darts? Yeah, haven't seen one of those in years. 99% (an estimate, obviously) of the games I see hosted in AG are Kaos, Intermediate, Shopper, Mole Shopper, WXW, Big RR, Supersheeper, and Hysteria. Anything other than those is pretty damn rare.

We can also argue the definition of 'active' until we're blue in the face but if you consider a user count of ~40-ish in AG (with half of them being snoopers) 'active' then I don't know what to tell you. I've been in AG at all times of the day recently and in years past and it's seldom poppin' off anymore. I've not liked snooper programs ever since they hit the WA scene. I understand that some people like such tools but I don't because it pulls people out of the game. Furthermore, I'd argue that my attitude is not "hopelessly negative," but realistic. Your inferred claim that league stats is the only real indicator of skill is totally absurd and I couldn't care less if nobody you know has ever considered me a top player at anything. First of all, imagine giving a shit about being a top WA player in 2021. lmao. Second, opinions are like assholes and everyone has one. Third, not everyone is a sweaty tryhard EVERY game they play. Some people play for fun and like to get a buzz on and play with friends. Sometimes I am hyper-focused and play to win and other times I'm just mindlessly playing some Worms while I work on several other things at once. As far as the noobs go, I'm not dissing them for being noobs. Everyone was a noob at some point. All I am saying is that if I have time to game I would much rather spend that time playing against people who I know are going to be skilled. That's not to say that I don't play with any noobs. It's just not as fun (unless they chat and are cool to talk to) and I think anyone with a shred of sensibility would agree with that. As far as the list of old rope pros that you mentioned, only one of them is even somewhat active anymore. The rest of them haven't been around for years or even more than a decade at this point and I am sure that a lot of people probably don't even know who some of them are. I've also played with a few of them when they 'came back' to the game (for a very short time, obviously) and they were not nearly as good as they once were.

Of course people don't have to be able to speak English to play the game, but if I am going to befriend them and get to know them via long chats in-game, they have to be able to read and write English to a decent degree because the only other language I know is Spanish and I'm pretty shit at it.   

"racist and homophobic comment" - go virtue signal to someone who cares lol.. wank wank

Offline Kradie

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2021, 03:42 PM »
Please add some space in between your text. Currently it looks pretty jammed together and bad. :-\
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2021, 04:23 PM »
I'm looking for funners or leagues matches in great part of the day. But the few games I play is with people I already know from leagues. It's not being easy to find new people.