Forums
April 23, 2024, 03:04 PM

Author Topic: What MonkeyIsland doesn't want you to see  (Read 4027 times)

What MonkeyIsland doesn't want you to see
« on: January 28, 2017, 02:18 PM »
lol clickbait

So a couple of years ago, TdC decided that they wanted to have a clan movie. It took quite a long time, but we finally got around to making this (well, I did, anyway)! Thanks also for Rash for really starting editing, even if you didn't have time to finish it. It did motivate me to make this :)

Since it took such a long time to edit this, the members roster underwent some changes, so please consider the players and their segments as a sort of time capsule of how the clan used to be.

The video is best viewed on full screen. Make sure you have the time for it, it's almost 24 minutes long

Without further ado, here it is!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 10:11 PM by DarkOne »

Re: What MonkeyIsland doesn't want you to see
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 02:21 PM »
And apparently, sony vegas had a dumb moment again, cutting out music in the intro. I'll get to fixing that.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 02:39 PM »
YOU BITCH, MONKEYISLAND !!  how could you ban such an epic movie from us, shame on you

Offline Peja

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 02:40 PM »
lmfao it happened  ;D
Good Job Marc, gotta tell dead

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 03:00 PM »
OMG! I am in teh MOVIE! <3

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 03:16 PM »
Great job d1. I have to say that the clan barely helped so he deserve all the credit :)
I feel like I've been wanting a movie for the past 10 years.. that I can barely believe it's out for REAL! thanks again!

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 04:02 PM »
nice clickb8 m8

SFX sounds and soundbank plz

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 04:55 PM »
I've updated the link, cause now the sound works in the intro of section 1.

Thanks for all the positive reponses so far :)

The SfX and sound banks were all gathered from the W:A game files, which you can find in that folder on your hard drive, Charles. The ones that weren't there were mentioned in the credits.

Online Triad

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 09:08 PM »
Great job, very nice vid. Enjoyed. :)

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 12:19 PM »
The SfX and sound banks were all gathered from the W:A game files, which you can find in that folder on your hard drive, Charles. The ones that weren't there were mentioned in the credits.

Eeh, I know that already... just give it as a zip file or sth

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2017, 04:55 PM »
really nice editing, marc!  you are giving me motivation to make my video, i have 10 mins of good clips, but no editing skills.  maybe ill hit you up on skype for tips.

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2017, 05:29 PM »
JohnJames, can't wait to see what you might have cooking! As general tips, I'd start thinking of a theme of the video (if you even want one), then first pick your music and then pick your replays to fit that music.
I made this with sony vegas, so if you're using that, I can give you more useful tips than just general advice.

@TheMadCharles: So you know you have them and you know where to find them, but you still want me to send them? I somehow doubt you'll make use of the files and actually do something with them if you can't even be bothered to look them up yourself. If you don't know the specific directory in W:A, a simple ctrl-F would've made it a lot simpler, too.

Also would've been less effort than making these 2 posts  :P
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 06:47 PM by DarkOne »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 05:53 PM »
John? I thought it was James? :D

Can't wait to watch this btw, but i've been at girlfriends for few days don't go home till Tuesday, will watch it then in peace :D

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 06:01 PM »
@TheMadCharles: So you know you have them and you know where to find them, but you still want me to send them? I somehow doubt you'll make use of the files and actually do something with them if you can't even be bothered to look them up yourself. If you don't know the specific directory in W:A, a simple ctrl-F would've made it a lot simpler, too.

Also would've been less effort than making these 2 posts  :P

Wow, shots fired. Funny enough, this is actually true

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2017, 06:46 PM »
It actually is James, but I'm an idiot :-[