Forums
April 24, 2024, 04:17 AM

Author Topic: Where's 3.8?  (Read 2153 times)

Offline skunk3

Where's 3.8?
« on: December 26, 2017, 01:34 AM »
I remember reading that v3.8 should be released by the end of this year. It is now the Christmas day and I haven't heard any news. What's the news?

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
Re: Where's 3.8?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 02:15 AM »
You answered your own question.... it's not the end of the year yet.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 03:22 AM »
I thought the report was that it was to be released by end of year at the very latest... not simply at the very end of the year.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 06:45 AM »
we agreed that Worms Armageddon v3.8 will be released not later than December 31, 2017 (plus however long Team17's release process takes), ready or not. Unfinished features will be cut, buggy or insufficiently tested changes reverted.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 09:43 AM »
I dont know where 3.8 is, but I will be glad to show You mine 19.5

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 10:39 AM »

pff that's tiny, mine is 28.4

Offline Sensei

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 02:27 PM »
Hm, wondering how much of updates will there be.
All updates I can think of are needed in third party stuff.
Only thing ingame that's lacking is inability to rehost with same position. Hope that's not scheduled for 4.0 or further.

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 08:59 PM »
I guess that I'll have to have THREE installations of Worms Armageddon on my machine, so yeah. Once RubberWorm and the other WormKit modules are released, I won't need 3.7.2.1 anymore, so I'll remove it, and free some space, which could be used for Version 4. As for my other installation (3.6.31.0), that will be kept until PX is updated or a PX successor is released.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Husk

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 07:40 PM »

pff that's tiny, mine is 28.4

I measured mine this morning. Thirteen point seven inches.

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 09:25 PM »
I thought the report was that it was to be released by end of year at the very latest... not simply at the very end of the year.

Don't forget there is also Team17 involved, so it's not just dev's whim on the line. They surely want the best for us, just gotta be patient.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2017, 01:38 PM »
fix Russian collect sound plz kthx

Offline skunk3

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2017, 09:53 PM »
Team17 takes forever to do anything, especially if it is related to something that is not bringing them in money. WMD players were promised a whole list of things that never got incorporated, and we were also promised new terrain themes after the launch of the Nintendo Switch version. The Switch version has been out for a while now and there's been no news whatsoever of when the new themes are going to be released on Steam.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2017, 10:19 AM »
Team17 takes forever to do anything, especially if it is related to something that is not bringing them in money. WMD players were promised a whole list of things that never got incorporated, and we were also promised new terrain themes after the launch of the Nintendo Switch version. The Switch version has been out for a while now and there's been no news whatsoever of when the new themes are going to be released on Steam.

T17 = EA
confirmed info

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2018, 05:26 PM »

T17 = EA
confirmed info
To be honest, there's NO reason why we should wait FOUR WHOLE YEARS for a new version of a game to come out, ESPECIALLY if it still has a loyal community. At least they aren't shutting down the servers anytime soon.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Husk

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2018, 07:17 AM »
To be honest, there's NO reason why we should wait FOUR WHOLE YEARS for a new version of a game to come out, ESPECIALLY if it still has a loyal community. At least they aren't shutting down the servers anytime soon.

why do u so badly need a new version of the game? what's wrong with the current version? also 4 years is not a long time considering some players have played this game 18 years