Normal
7 (8%)
Hysteria
16 (18.2%)
I like all
12 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: January 08, 2011, 12:37 AM

Author Topic: Which schemes should die a painful death?  (Read 9058 times)

Offline Abnaxus

Re: Which schemes should die a painful death?
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2010, 10:16 AM »
I guess people would like the old BnG more: 20sec, unanchored, nades, zooks and clusters (why not adding mortars if you wish, it's still in the context of BnG) and there was no rules except "don't be cheap".
But this rule is only about people: you don't have to, but if you don't, you'll just look like a faggot.

So maybe if we take it and add some rules of the current BnG scheme, it would be funnier.

We can also add all kind of nades (even holy) and just review the powers.
But if we do this, we would have to set clear rules which would be much more involved.

PS: Devilage's proposition sounds also cool.
Cause all real BnG players hate the way it is played in this league. So why not removing it ?
This way, BnG haters wouldn't have to play it, and BnG lovers wouldn't have to endure cheapers.
It makes less point for us, but more fun (which is the aim of Worms), so it's seriously welcome.
And as he said, we still get our a2b to play lovely BnGs.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 10:18 AM by Abnaxus »
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline HHC

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2010, 10:26 AM »
BnG is a standard scheme that should be in the league, no matter what.

However, I would not oppose a division between a 'hardcore' a2b league-scheme and a 'light' version of BnG to be used in TUS.
Dunno though if we can make a light version that is not equally as fun as the current scheme, but more fun. Perhaps we can make a scheme competition? That would be pretty cool and maybe give the new scheme the impetus it needs to conquer wormnet.

Perhaps the same for hysteria?

Btw.. this poll only measures dislike. I know both BnG and hysteria have a large following of dedicated fans as well. Let's not forget about that.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 10:28 AM by HHC »

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2010, 10:35 AM »
Any other BnG scheme would win easly cause 90% of the players don't like the one we get there (which is this way after years of work).

Btw, why does people want to change the Hysteria scheme ? When it was released for the first time, many players loved it.
And we now can see some people changed their mind, can we just know why ? Could be helpfull.

Offline Turko

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2010, 11:12 AM »
i hate bng becouse is too long, if it was with 100 hp or 50 or homming missile xD maybe a cool scheme
Asbest`FAW> after match I will complain to ffie 
MOD`Dmitry> ok i too 
TdC--Turko> and ill get a lawyer

Spoiler! View

TdC''Turko> When will you fix your pc?
TaG'G> Never
TaG'G> Or maybe next week

Offline HHC

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2010, 11:24 AM »
That seems to be one of the biggest issues. I was just thinking about it.

But reducing it to 100 will piss off the elite guys who would finish the game in like 3 minutes. Thus, I was thinking, why not force SD on either the 0 or 5 min mark, with healthloss through nuke enabled. That way the elite guys still get to play with lots of energy, while at the same time putting a limit to the game time when players don't hit much. It would also add a touch of drama to the game.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2010, 01:26 PM »
Or, put a 10 minute limit, whoever has the most health left after 10 minutes wins, this way you would still want to try and kill them before time runs out, cuz yeah putting it to 100hp, I could literally win so many games in 3 turns, and I know alot of other players who could achieve this easily too.

Devilage, it is so ignorant that you think like this about BnG, if we take BnG off the league, then we would have to do it with all schemes, just because BnG isn't the most popular scheme doesn't make it the least important, because I am sure there are people who don't like every other scheme but they don't go around asking for it to be removed from the league, I know people who hate Elite who hate TTRR who hate Roper who hate T17 who hate Shopper who hate WxW and who hate Hysteria, I don't see them say such things, BnG is one of the longest running schemes on WA, I would personally consider it more important than TTRR/Shopper/WxW/Hysteria, so if any scheme should be removed, it should be one of those 4, although I don't think any should be removed, these schemes are there to give everyone a chance to win things like Playoffs etc, everyone needs all schemes for different purposes.

I love BnG, without BnG I would end up quitting WA probably, at least never be active, I don't like Elite, it bores me to death, I really don't understand why it is as popular as it is, 1 mistake can ruin a game, other player getting lucky even though you play perfect can lose a game, I know this don't happen alot but I don't like such games I have to take chances and risks like this, however, I am VERY proud I have made so much from such a simple scheme with BnG, I respect Elite and everyone who plays it and the fact it brings alot of players together and creates friendships and good moments and memories, just because it bores me to death doesn't mean I want it removed from the league, you should have the same respect for BnG, b2b is an extremely fun community with alot of good events going and alot of kind-hearted and respectful players, it's like saying we(b2b) are useless because we are BnG based, we should be removed from Wnet lol (I know you don't say exactly this, I just say it is almost same thing, at least I feel like this).

But yeah, people should learn to respect all schemes, even if they don't like them, the way people act to other schemes is like being racist to other people, discrimination or some crap.

^^ Stop it.

Offline HHC

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2010, 02:00 PM »
Or, put a 10 minute limit, whoever has the most health left after 10 minutes wins, this way you would still want to try and kill them before time runs out, cuz yeah putting it to 100hp, I could literally win so many games in 3 turns, and I know alot of other players who could achieve this easily too.

Wouldn't that lead to possible abuse? (once in the lead move to an impossible spot, or let your turn time run out every time)

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2010, 02:52 PM »

Wouldn't that lead to possible abuse? (once in the lead move to an impossible spot, or let your turn time run out every time)

Could just setup rules to prevent this, make the darkside rule more specific, make sure they make an effort, but I could see your arguement that a better side with hides would win.

My earlier suggestion, to add some limited weapons with turn delay is the best solution, either that, or people learn to play BnG better, which won't happen cuz most people are lazy to learn it like us.

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2010, 05:32 PM »
Shopper, at least the TuS version of the scheme -_- I'm tired of getting those f@#!ing baseball bats, firepunch(wtf is that on League Shopper!!) while my opponent gets holys, dynas... (and 1 baseball bat too xD).

I love Shopper, as I love my (new) gf (ZLLORO), but I don't wanna f@#! her for TuS.

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2010, 06:39 PM »
komo, is there a particular reason why you want TTRR/Shopper/WxW/Hysteria removed? or is it just because you don't like them and you have a stubborn happiness of what you are used to in a league?
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2010, 06:57 PM »
komo, is there a particular reason why you want TTRR/Shopper/WxW/Hysteria removed? or is it just because you don't like them and you have a stubborn happiness of what you are used to in a league?

so if any scheme should be removed, it should be one of those 4, although I don't think any should be removed

Learn to read, and stop trying to start petty arguements with me, it's pathetic, you don't see me arguing with anyone anymore do you? So why are you still doing it?

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2010, 07:39 PM »
Could just setup rules to prevent this, make the darkside rule more specific, make sure they make an effort, but I could see your arguement that a better side with hides would win.
Rules are for the moment totally useless, since mods accept tricks on them.

Only a strict moderation would lead to a possibility to use your solution (I insist on a the fact it will only increase the possibility).

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2010, 08:51 PM »

so if any scheme should be removed, it should be one of those 4, although I don't think any should be removed

Learn to read, and stop trying to start petty arguements with me, it's pathetic, you don't see me arguing with anyone anymore do you? So why are you still doing it?

Sorry, couldn´t resist :)

I voted for WxW and T17 myself. I think WxW´s been explained well enough; it´s not about making good turns, it´s about actually finishing turns and having luck with crate locations and crate weapons. Fine for funners if you´re into that sort of thing, but I most certainly am not :)
I find T17 to be boring. Almost all turns before SD are about getting crates and placing your worms in good places afterwards with sometimes a couple of hits and then it´s SD and somebody wins cause he has a super sheep or a homing missile (or it´s a draw)

The thread certainly won´t result in any scheme being removed from TUS, but perhaps this can help start off a discussion about what could improve a scheme :) We all know schemes have evolved because of discussions later on (ropers used to be with more worms, a completely different level and even a dynamite way back).

As for BnG, I recall hosting a tourney once with specific rules; if you hit with a normal grenade, you´d have to hit with LG next and then a banking grenade before you could hit with a normal grenade again (and if you hit with a zook, you weren´t allowed to hit with zook again until you´ve hit with a grenade). Perhaps this type of scheme is not for all players, but the way it´s played with repeat shots and pushing the limits of the rules, it´s not even fun for avid fans.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2010, 09:51 PM »
Nah I'm not ignorant dude why would I be! I just don't like the scheme and said an idea that doesn't make me ignorant I'm rly tired of u calling ppl like this everytime u don't agree with them u think ur so f@#!ing smart or w/e well don't answer this I don't want to start anything so try to absorve this comment and focus on the scheme stuff I still think that scheme should die, and if that makes u quit well it would make lots of ppl happy, not me but u get the flow.

Smoking proud.

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2010, 12:58 AM »

I am not starting an argument.  I asked you a question.. don't you see the question mark? it was a question.  You just inferred something that I didn't imply. Not my fault LOL
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi