Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:08 PM

Author Topic: Who actually still plays?  (Read 8057 times)

Offline skunk3

Who actually still plays?
« on: October 10, 2019, 11:57 PM »
I've been jumping onto Wormnet from time to time these past few weeks and I've barely seen ANYONE online. Last night there were 17 people in AG *including* bots and snoopers. I haven't seen many old school names on in a really long time. Does anyone actually still play W:A anymore?

Offline Kradie

Re: Who actually still plays?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 12:15 AM »
I've been jumping onto Wormnet from time to time these past few weeks and I've barely seen ANYONE online. Last night there were 17 people in AG *including* bots and snoopers. I haven't seen many old school names on in a really long time. Does anyone actually still play W:A anymore?
As longest as one panders to old school players and players with high TUS ranking, won't be able to find any activities on Worms Armageddon. But if one is to ignore this, WA is blooming, and no, not just for Russians and mole players. Some of my ZaR games can manage to accumulate up to 6 participants. This sort of activity can last from 17.00 to 00.00 my time. Game is pretty baren around morning and noon for me. Again, if you are looking for old famous people, you won't find much of them, WA have moved on without them. So it is better for you to make new contacts, instead of blaming the lack of activity.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline skunk3

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 12:39 AM »
W:A is far from "blooming." At any given time there's hardly anyone online, and most of the people who are on are noobs. Not all, but most. I don't give a crap about TUS rankings but I do like playing with players who I've known for years instead of randoms.

Offline Ashtar

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 12:45 AM »
Dear Skunk, people avoid you because of your offensive scent.

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 01:19 AM »
I want to play more
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline nino

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 01:37 AM »
Good times will never comeback ae.

It is rly hard to play with old players nowadays ae, look.. iam 36 family, wife, kid, work..all this made almost old school players leave worms, not cos got bored, but cos no time, if i were bilionary, with no wife and kid id still be playing for sure, ofc if all the others players were around too.

Whats happening now, is the same of when u r rly old, like 95 years, and know theres no much time anymore, same with WA, even if some peoples keep playing forever, kile Kradie playing ZaR the golden era will be unique ae.

Cya ae, cos king!
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 04:24 AM »
Does it count if I join Intermediate or Big RR like once in a week?
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Anubis

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 12:52 PM »
Sporadically I play online, I tried connecting with ZaR but whenever I messaged them they didn't respond or were playing, the exception was Kradie who I managed to play with a couple of times and he's fun to play with, unfortunaly the community is way smaller for organized play and just playing random with strangers was never that fun for me. After like 2 weeks I stopped trying. Last I played was 22.07.2019 according to Steam.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 12:54 PM by Anubis »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2019, 01:10 PM »
Does it count if I join Intermediate or Big RR like once in a week?

If you only TURN on WA once a week just to play one of those schemes you mentioned, then it doesn't, you aren't really active. But if you are saying that you can't find any Big RR or Intermediate, then you are gravely mistaken. There's tons of them everyday.

There are married people that have families that plays WA. It's all about moderation and common sense.

Yes I will continue to play ZaR, and show that parachute isn't always essential Already there are people who host big rr with no parachute. The influence of ZaR is strong, resistance is futile.

Most people online doesn't care about ranked games. It is mostly focused on the social interaction online, and the fun people have and share together.

Skunk, if you are going to sit there, hoping for some miracle that old school like IEW, Mablak, avirex, Rambo & franz etc are to return, then you won't find any meaning with WA anymore. There are still competent players, you just happen to miss out,  Try losen up and lose this elitist badge, no one cares.

Sporadically I play online, I tried connecting with ZaR but whenever I messaged them they didn't respond or were playing, the exception was Kradie who I managed to play with a couple of times and he's fun to play with, unfortunaly the community is way smaller for organized play and just playing random with strangers was never that fun for me. After like 2 weeks I stopped trying. Last I played was 22.07.2019 according to Steam.
I received couple of your messages on snooper, and I was about to reply but then suddenly whoosh you were gone. I hope that didn't set you off too soon. I hope to see you again, but if not, it is fine. I won't stop playing just because someone stopped though.

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2019, 02:10 PM »

Skunk, if you are going to sit there, hoping for some miracle that old school like IEW, Mablak, avirex, Rambo & franz etc are to return, then you won't find any meaning with WA anymore. There are still competent players, you just happen to miss out,  Try losen up and lose this elitist badge, no one cares.

This reminded me one of my old offensive meme post. :D

Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;)

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2019, 09:10 AM »
I love the gameplay more than in any other game, so much that I could even play with randoms. I miss old times a lot though...

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2019, 06:21 PM »
I love the gameplay more than in any other game, so much that I could even play with randoms. I miss old times a lot though...

Offline mystery

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2019, 12:46 PM »
Me and some other guys regularly play, it's a pretty active group.
We've played 6 tournaments by now.  I'm not saying it's easy, since some guys have parental/husband duties. But we've managed it ok so far.

We are committed to play untill we die, so I don't worry for the lack of activity.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2019, 12:56 AM »
It's not that I am stuck in a nostalgia bubble - I've seen every incarnation of W:A from the very beginning until now. I know that the W:A 'golden age' is long gone. It'd just be nice to see some familiar faces is all I'm saying. Hell, most of the people who post to this forum? Haven't seen them on WormNET in ages.

I can totally enjoy meeting and playing with new players but only if they speak English proficiently (many can't) and aren't random aliasers who change their names constantly. It seems like newer players are far less likely to chat and generally have fun and instead just focus on the game and nothing more. W:A for me has always been more about the 'social' aspect of playing rather than the matches themselves.

I'm older too (almost 39), and I work a lot, but I don't have kids or a wife so I guess I have more free time than some people. 

In short, I don't have an elitist mindset regarding W:A but I would definitely rather play with people who I already know for a few good reasons. (Not taking a risk of them being noobs, being able to catch up on life, laughing about old shit / reminiscing, etc.) When I see WormNET have such a pathetic amount of activity - to the point of being virtually dead - it makes me think of my own life and mortality and how they are kinda parallel in certain ways. Worms has, for better or for worse, been a huge part of my life for 20+ years now and it's honestly depressing to see W:A in its current state. 

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2019, 02:12 AM »
I fulfill all your requirements but we can only play togheter if you speak Portuguese proficiently...
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓