Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:34 PM

Author Topic: Who did you play with X-years ago at current date?  (Read 7030 times)

Re: Who did you play with X-years ago at current date?
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2013, 02:40 AM »
Speaking of Gonzo and Medal and the rest of those mean German Elite players, I've recently had a few of my nicer replays from around the time of WEL recovered for me (Thanks again, you know who!) and apparently almost exactly six years prior to Crazy opening this thread (Yeah I'm cheating a bit, sue me!), I took part in a tournament where some of them also made it to the later stages. I'm not exactly sure and I can't remember who the tourney host was anymore (Showtime maybe?), but judging by the spectators, these two replays seem like they might be of the semis and the final, against killgore (BLizZarD's brother) and Gonzo respectively.

The first game had some nice plays, but also technical f@#!ups and the odd misplay on either side, so things got all tense and nervous toward the end, as they tended to in Elite! Overall a pretty nice game to watch, I think, as it was to play, especially because of how game-changing that teleport turned out to be.

In the second one against Gonzo, teleport again played an important defensive/offensive role, something you don't get to see too much of on the ridiculous Fort maps a lot of players choose to host Elite on these days. But of particular interest in this replay have to be the mind games of him pulling a surprise HHG on me, then getting forced on the defensive, the game seemingly starting to revolve around my super sheep, then surprise again and game over. Fun!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 08:12 PM by KoreanRedDragon »

Offline SPW

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2013, 08:46 AM »
New age elite having two big changes compare to the good old time. More aggressive (rope turns like franz ones getting popular) and more technical BnG (notches are pretty common these days).

Its hard to compare but I think today Elite is better and Gonzo2005 wouldnt have any chance against Random2013. Medal was one of the rare players with a big aggressive factor. He wasnt the hiding type, he was always ready to face up! So nakra, but not that aggressive as Medal.

And there was Tradacee, Spalding, Bolf, Turan etc., some interestng types as well. WhiteRabbit, Eagletwo and so on were leading the big midfield behind the top shots. I remember that league system. If you want to play a game, just click at the challenge button via homepage and few seconds after you got your opponent. Supporting worms did make an huge community. Too bad those times are gone.  :(

JohnMcClane should have tons of those replays. Not WorldParty ones, there we had to put screenshots when reporting. Armageddon was a fkn nice step with auto saving replays. Nobody cares about wwp after that back 2004?

JMC, post some replays but check today date before  :D

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2013, 10:28 AM »
New age elite having two big changes compare to the good old time. More aggressive (rope turns like franz ones getting popular) and more technical BnG (notches are pretty common these days).

Its hard to compare but I think today Elite is better and Gonzo2005 wouldnt have any chance against Random2013. Medal was one of the rare players with a big aggressive factor. He wasnt the hiding type, he was always ready to face up! So nakra, but not that aggressive as Medal.

And there was Tradacee, Spalding, Bolf, Turan etc., some interestng types as well. WhiteRabbit, Eagletwo and so on were leading the big midfield behind the top shots. I remember that league system. If you want to play a game, just click at the challenge button via homepage and few seconds after you got your opponent. Supporting worms did make an huge community. Too bad those times are gone.  :(

JohnMcClane should have tons of those replays. Not WorldParty ones, there we had to put screenshots when reporting. Armageddon was a fkn nice step with auto saving replays. Nobody cares about wwp after that back 2004?

JMC, post some replays but check today date before  :D
I'd substitute sh4rk in there for Turan, I'm not good at elite at all and I never had a problem beating Turan.  If we are talking about elite-playing germans.  I never did understand why germans are inexplicably drawn to playing elite though.  Your country own the scheme.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2013, 07:39 AM »
I never did understand why germans are inexplicably drawn to playing elite though.  Your country own the scheme.

because of ESL or whatever it was called back then...

and yeah Turan wasn't really that special in Elite, he had the old school style* (mph, dope...) that worked before everyone and their mother had Elite fundamentals.

*basically an "all-in" style, early ropes, early dynos, control the map early -> get the crates. Easily countered once people started to darkside and learn to toss nades.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline twistah

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2013, 12:43 AM »
i've roped once with LightningHunter years ago and he wasn't that good, pretty random.

@SPW: ye, Medal could be the most aggressive Elite player i've seen, true. i remember losing 2v2 elite final vs him and JMC (JohnMcLane), i played with Huren. Medal walked off an edge and had like only few milliseconds to select zook and shoot at me, that was f@#!ing frustrating, hehe. was good times with all those german eliters back then ;/

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2013, 01:23 AM »
Anyone has warmers/ttrr with Mre?

Offline twistah

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2013, 01:44 AM »
i should have tons of them, twy

no, i don't have any, lol. seems like i didn't play him anymore after he hacked me :D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 01:47 AM by twistah »

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2013, 01:54 AM »
 :'( lol, I thought that I had alot too, I played some league games (AL I think) vs him and his clan (dont remember which one was) but I can't find those replays...

Offline twistah

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2013, 02:06 AM »
wrong thread

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2013, 03:21 AM »
Anyone has warmers/ttrr with Mre?
there were tons of replays with everyone from nbr, mre included uploaded onto senecasuite.com.  if/when seneca logs back on this site, maybe he has the sum of those uploads.  i uploaded a lot of marco/seb, wargod, mre, salty, retro oldsock, ect.  who knows if they still exist though.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2013, 02:56 PM »
Shot in the dark but could anyone check if they have any 2004 replays warming with Thunder?
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline avirex

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2013, 02:34 PM »
wasnt ThundeR a w2 player?? im pretty positive he was...   did he ever make his way to w:a i guess its possible, but i dont remember that.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2013, 12:37 AM »
wasnt ThundeR a w2 player?? im pretty positive he was...   did he ever make his way to w:a i guess its possible, but i dont remember that.

Yeah from w2 but I played a couple warmers with him on w:a also. Just curious if he ever ventured back and if his roping was as amazing as I remember.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Korydex

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2017, 09:35 AM »
The only one I could find for June 8. It's 1st ASC cup group game, I remember that I had to send HHC a girlie nude pic for him to replace someone with me in that cup xD
https://www.tus-wa.com/cups/game-148415/
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 09:43 AM by Korydex »