Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:30 AM

Author Topic: Who was your roping mentor?  (Read 2621 times)

Offline Throsti

• I am just Throsti

• Poland Poland
  • Pn Pn clan

• Paweł Abramowicz.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook.
Re: Who was your roping mentor?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 08:15 PM »
I can be your mentor. If someone is interested then send me a message. xD

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 08:19 PM »
Peja

Offline Fenice

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 09:22 PM »
BaZa, AlTarf, roperz, Desetroyah...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 11:43 PM by Fenice »

Offline Free

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 09:48 PM »
Anu. Komo. Franz. Dibz. Mab. Nonentity. Sbaffo. Statik. Bar. Sir-J. Dub-C. Madden. Ryan.Lalo\Daina

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2017, 09:50 PM »
Ah yeah add freeman2 and Juvenile to that list :)

Offline Senator

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2017, 09:56 PM »
AIF, a Finnish player who showed me everything when I was a newbie and invited me to the clan wwPd :) Also my clan mates DJKris and Crazy helped me with roping. I played a lot with Israelian BENSERV and tried to learn from him. When I came back in 2008 I was impressed by many fast tapping ropers around and tried to imitate them.. :-X
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 10:42 AM by Senator »

Offline NiCo`

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2017, 03:05 AM »
Joakoo show me WxW for first time haha, besides Bry4N, roperz, baza, klekamp and s4li, old times...

Offline sock

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2017, 03:49 AM »
volcom and lalo

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2017, 07:23 AM »
volcom and lalo

Ah forgot oldsock too!

lalo? Really? You were already ridiculously good at Roping before he even started Worms lol.

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2017, 11:36 AM »
I can quickly touch on warming, since that was where the 'respect' was at, like skating. Really early on for me, like circa 2001 on WWP, it was players like Moose, fudo, and Andy and odo from the n00b clan, and some OaP (old age propers) people like Leviathan. Also eN (elite ninjas) members like shad, Scorpion, and maybe FieryDeath was in that one? I'm forgetting. There was also MrE, used to be skilled, but then got into cheatz. All these players really had their own impressive style.

The physics were slightly different there, and I think some of our ideas were out of the box, since a lot of us had little contact with the WA rope scene. So some unique styles were developed, like Moose's use of wall shadows, or maybe my repetitive pumps/kicks. But also, the overall WWP skill level was simply lower on the whole with a smaller community, I just didn't see too many ropers that made me realize how insane it could get.

When I came to WA I got impressed in warmers by people like Anub (tappy and insanely fast), oijogja (twitch master with 1 hand), saltyk9 (seemed like the best warmer with his fast reflex moves), Komo (double handed taps), volrin (creative + fast, had some similarities to me), KRD (style master), Marco (crazy ideas and experimental), franz (Flowing Water, also very creative), OutofOrder (top creative mind), tenchi (nice kicks/taps) and learned a lot from Pure, aka Magic, who made the Magic and qp rrs (he was like 7 aliases in the qp clan, really aesthetic style). Pure probably spent the most time shaping me of any pros at the time. I'd definitely say all those people left marks I can remember, but there really were a ton more.

Offline sock

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2017, 01:02 PM »
volcom and lalo

Ah forgot oldsock too!

lalo? Really? You were already ridiculously good at Roping before he even started Worms lol.
for ttrr
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 01:22 PM by SocK »

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2017, 03:24 PM »
I don't have mentor. I got impressed by sK players and learned few awesome roping skills. Still I suck. :'(

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2017, 03:39 PM »
ChanServ

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2017, 04:11 PM »
AbdelioR.

He used to run HispanaWorms. He taught me how to Shadow. I was so excited I could play WxW because I knew how to Shadow! Good times xD
:o :o :-* :-*
I had the pleasure to playwith him some RR`s before he quit ;)
Old days masta for me were leroy, Solo and Autoford and wormiverse.
I cant forget my nlF training days with JayX BoE and WilD  :P

These days the only "teacher" around is TOMT, ty  8)

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2017, 12:11 AM »
r3spect and BonusPro... does someone even remember them here?
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )